Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Brentford Official Matchday Thread  (Read 27721 times)
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 11:53:03 »

Utter rubbish.
Ha ha!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #181 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 14:37:12 »

A day late getting home but what I saw in the game......

Smith, I didn't think he got much abuse, well not from where I was sat just a huge amoutn of groans when he inevitably fucked up, he has the touch of a rapist, he is weak in the air, can't control it and his penalty was quite weak.

He needs to work on his first and second touch, but he has scored a few goals so he must have something there, but I genuinely fail to see it.

Louis took his goal fantastically well, the way he robbed a very poor Douglas and slotted the ball in the net was excellent.

Jay Mac looked very lively and fitter than I have seen him, he was all over the pitch in what seemed to be almost a sweeper sat in front of the defence certainly in the 2nd half, he was very close to MoM.

Foderingham made a great save from a fierce shot that I didn't think he would stop, he was pretty much faultless as he almost always is, claimed crosses and looked comfortable kicking when a few poor back passes put him in trouble.

Stephens looks a class above any defender at the club, his play reminds me a lot of Calderwood, good in the air and on the ground and made a couple of lovely little runs through the middle of the park like Calderwood and Taylor used to, we must sign him up for next season if we can, he did say after the game that if Saints loan him out then we are the club he wants to come to...nice.

Luongo was poor, he looked a bit off the pace and tired to me.

Branco started slowly but marked the lazy Donaldson out of the game and pushed him so wide he was ineffectual and barely had a look in.

Troy looked a rock in defence and won a lot of headers and tackles and the 3 centre backs looked like they had played with each other all season.

Nathan looked good but is still a little hot headed and gave a couple of balls away but did well overall.

Byrne looked a little lightweight and made a few good passes and runs but not his best game.

Pritchard is an enigma, good on the ball but argues with officials and dives when he should stay on his feet but he has an obvious talent that does give us something up front and can make chances out of nothing.

First half we let them come at us early on and they started much brighter than we did, the penalty came a bit against the run of play, we started playing a bit after that and looked more at ease and 2nd half we looked a lot better but still didn't create many chances but with the wind behind us we certainly gave as good as we got.

Brentford.....cheating dirty bastards, dived at every chance a couple of their players almost begged the ref to book or send our players off, McCormack was the worst culprit, he was a disgrace.

When Branco got injured and Wes kicked the ball out in injury time Brentford never gave the ball back to us, unsporting to say the least, almost cheating, I am so glad we beat them and I hope they don't get promoted.

Also how the hell is Toumani Diagouraga a professional footballer? the man is the worst passer of a ball I think I have ever seen at this level...ever.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 16:56:52 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #182 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 14:38:52 »

Oh and the ref was a disgrace.

And Brentford fans dealing coke in the toilets of the Merlin after the game being raided by the old bill minutes after we came out, giving the old bill the big "I am" and fighting them and fighting themselves too.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 14:44:12 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 17:08:29 »

Also how the hell is Toumani Diagouraga a professional footballer? the man is the worst passer of a ball I think I have ever seen at this level...ever.

Don't forget we once had him here on loan some years ago...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 17:27:29 »

Don't forget we once had him here on loan some years ago...
I don't recall him being that bad for us either.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #185 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 17:30:49 »

I don't recall him being that bad for us either.
I remember him playing on loan for us and I don't remember him being THAT bad, but he passed the ball like he was wearing flippers yesterday.

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 18:15:43 »

Quote from: A Brentford Fan
with the pitch watered to create a jelly effect (pretty pathetic that...)

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 18:18:31 »

Nearly as bad as the Shrews fans saying we had someone from Salisbury refereeing....the refs name was Graham Salisbury.

At the end of the day, it is just pathetic. You lost...move on.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 18:24:06 »

Nearly as bad as the Shrews fans saying we had someone from Salisbury refereeing....the refs name was Graham Salisbury.
Assuming you are on about the 2-1 victory in 11/12 when Turner nearly had a heart attack post match, the ref's name was Brendan Malone, and they were correct - he is from Salisbury.

He was also the referee for our match yesterday.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 18:26:54 »

Quote from: A Brentford Fan
with the pitch watered to create a jelly effect (pretty pathetic that...)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #190 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 18:39:34 »

What the hell is a jelly effect anyway.  is it like playing football on a bouncy castle?

A shoddy pitch would disadvantage us more than them anyway.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 19:13:22 by Batch » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #191 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 18:43:55 »

What the hell is a jerlly effect anyway.  is it like playing football on a bouncy castle?

A shoddy pitch would disadvantage us more than then anyway.
It's been a few years since the CG has had a Jerelly effect
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 19:10:01 »

Quote from: Same Brentford Fan
Yep - the over-watering of the pitch was another underhand tactic, but when you're the weaker team you need to do everything within your power to even it up. Didn't suit us at all, but if the situation was reversed, I'd expect we'd have done the same.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Flashheart

« Reply #193 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 19:19:02 »

I don't understand!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 19:24:35 »

Next they'll be saying we put too much air in the balls and used too much paint on the line markings.

Straws. Clutching. Much.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: