Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient Matchday thread  (Read 53876 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Monday, May 4, 2015, 14:21:22 »

At the time they looked well offside in the build up to the goal and still do now. Oh well, it's provided would-be pub quiz masters for years to come with a new question about which 'keeper was sent off, replaced by his brother etc etc...and the whole thing with Cameron taking an age to get ready and then saving the pen was pure pantomime.

I certainly felt better after 90 minutes yesterday than after 45. To come back from two down with a make shift line up and get a result against a team fighting for their lives is commendable, although it does also show how shit Orient are as well to be fair.

Williams looked like he'd had a rocket put under him at half time and was very impressive in the second half. If all 11 play like that on Thursday we'll be fine. A peach of a strike from Rodgers and Williams demonstrating perfectly how to kick the ball into the net from 12 yards lead to a rather entertaining afternoon after a very unpromising start.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Monday, May 4, 2015, 14:22:50 »

I don't like to be overly critical but he probably played himself out of the Play-Offs.

Stupid, basic school boy error. Has to be Stephens, Thompson, Turnbull at Bramall Lane for me no question.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Monday, May 4, 2015, 14:25:58 »

I enjoyed this from the Orient end...

Fitting that Orient couldn't beat a Swindon team cobbled together from a handful of reserves, a couple of under-16s, two or three random passers-by and some sticky tape; a team that had nothing to play for and one reduced to 10 men for 72 minutes.

Funny 'cause it's true.

http://www.leytonorientblog.com/2015/05/swindon-town-2-leyton-orient-2-3515.html
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Monday, May 4, 2015, 14:37:59 »

Excellent write up and you have to feel for them really, 12 months on from a Wembley appearance and now looking forward to spending next season in L2 - That sounds eerily familiar 

The last paragraph sums it up...

Let's leave the final word to ex-CEO Matt Porter, who knows a thing or two about football, and a thing or two about Orient: "Dear oh dear. No words to describe what a waste of a perfectly good football club and a completely avoidable situation this is. Devastated."
paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Monday, May 4, 2015, 15:54:34 »

superb writer  Clap

we could do with some of that humour
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Monday, May 4, 2015, 16:48:23 »

I don't like to be overly critical but he probably played himself out of the Play-Offs.

He was absolutely awful yesterday wasnt he.

Dire
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Monday, May 4, 2015, 16:49:37 »

24 hours on, and I still cannot believe I watched Harry Agombar play in a Town shirt.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Monday, May 4, 2015, 17:11:34 »

Well some told me theirs wasn't a pen.....it was.

Free kick was awesome....

Clems Army!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Monday, May 4, 2015, 17:28:18 »

At the time they looked well offside in the build up to the goal and still do now. Oh well, it's provided would-be pub quiz masters for years to come with a new question about which 'keeper was sent off, replaced by his brother etc etc...and the whole thing with Cameron taking an age to get ready and then saving the pen was pure pantomime.

I thought Branco (can't see him in the video) played both players onside, where lino is in the video makes me think that even more.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Monday, May 4, 2015, 17:38:21 »

I thought Branco (can't see him in the video) played both players onside, where lino is in the video makes me think that even more.

He was well offside. The lino on the Arkells side was shite. He hardly put the flag up in the first half.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Monday, May 4, 2015, 17:40:48 »

24 hours on, and I still cannot believe I watched Harry Agombar play in a Town shirt.
I'll be he couldn't either!!
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Monday, May 4, 2015, 19:56:01 »

He was well offside. The lino on the Arkells side was shite. He hardly put the flag up in the first half.

You can see the player running back plays him onside, 36 - ricketts?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Monday, May 4, 2015, 20:42:51 »

You can see the player running back plays him onside, 36 - ricketts?

Yeah, it was pretty close when the ball was kicked, Rickets was rushing up, attacker rushing forward. A second later and it looks like they are a mile off. From my seat I was inline and it looked like it was probably just onside.

The lino did miss at least two other blatant offsides by not being up with play mind.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Monday, May 4, 2015, 20:44:53 »

Even so makes you wonder why Try got a red and not Preston's keeper who did something similar
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Monday, May 4, 2015, 20:44:54 »

Still a bit pissed off that it seems* Cooper was forced to play him.

* according to SM's "5 things we learned.." article
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: