Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient Matchday thread  (Read 53875 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #225 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 13:20:00 »

who won the penalty ?
Ricketts.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 13:23:34 »

It's all about what these boys do come Thursday

Who's that sat between Yaser and Obika?

Ooh Tef stalker spotted in there.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 13:56:20 by suttonred » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 13:29:52 »

Well done Colchester,  every fan I spoke to at their place was gracious and friendly. Good luck to 'em.

Couldn't agree more. Very friendly place.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #228 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 13:32:32 »

Quick quick. Vote Agombar, just for shits and giggles

Ooops, forgot the link: http://t.co/CCBRTSVyxm
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 13:36:44 »

Weird game, never really in it until we took Agombar off, played much better then, deserved the two goals, exciting finish!  Agombar was a total donkey, Rodgers not much better until he scored, then played well.  What a goal from Rodgers! Referee and one linesman total cocks!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 13:44:11 »

Cooper:

- sending off affected the subs we wanted to use.
- looked only a matter of time till Orient scored.
- we got momentum in 2nd half.
- some ridiculous refereeing decisions I didn't understand.
- Randall was straight through and their boy catches it/him.
- Thought their man was onside before their pen.
- Got lots of injuries, so we had to try out some players who may need to come into the squad.
- Wondered why you'd ask me about Agombar. Harry's one of our players, his contract's up, so he needed some game time.
- We knew Cameron was a good experienced keeper. Great start for him.
- I was mindful we needed to get the intensity up and give the fans some positivity going into the playoffs.
- Almost knew it would be Sheff U. Sure everyone will be backing them given their cup exploits this year.
- Brilliant for Franchise, sure we softened Preston up last week, so after all their jumping up and down about our selection they can thank us for that one.
- I'm hopeful everyone will be fit for Thursday but one or two will be touch and go.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 13:48:56 »

Ironic that the two teams who might have benefitted most from our fielding of weakened sides - Orient and Preston - both failed to capitalise.  That will dampen the criticism.  Old news already.

Not keen on Franchise going up but they did deserve it.  And from our own selfish point of view, it's a good result.  Preston have 4 days now to lick their wounds and prepare for the Play Offs.  It won't be easy.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #232 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 13:53:29 »

Totally bizarre game. Copper sent out a side that was essentially a piss take particularly for those who paid £27. Agombar was blowing out of his arse after 10 minutes and was less fit than most people in the stands. It had to either be a joke or his old man threatening Coopers knee caps that made him a starter today, Saying that, goal apart, Rodgers was no better. Ricketts was fucking woeful and I hope he plays no part in the play offs as he has been pretty consistently shit since he's been here. Swift did his usual "ball on a piece of string" act until he gave it to them.
To sum it up Orient were total wank and its easy to see why they went down. For an hour they had their 11, the ref and 2 linos and our players on their side. We only woke up when we got a goal out of nowhere, a bit like the Walsall game.
The challenge on Bartram in the 2nd half was a straight red instead the ref waved play on. How the fuck he is allowed to ref any game is beyond me. The bar is set high for shit refs and this retard sailed over it easily.
I don't think any of our rested players are going to be too worried for their start in the play offs apart from Toffollo as Randall put in another decent shit, appearing to play up front as well as left wing back. Bartram produced an absolute beauty of a cross that Swift managed to fuck up a la Williams in a recent home game.
Onwards and upwards to Thursday now. I go in hope rather than expectation and just hope our defence can stoip giving gifts, which they did again today.
Nice to Branco calmed down and in the fight at the end clearly chin one of theirs.
Oh and cox was a cunt for telling the ref that Branco had elbowed him. Never happened, saw it clearly.  
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 13:55:32 »

Agombar so far has 68% of votes for MOTM Cheesy

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 13:56:10 »

I thoroughly enjoyed that game.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 13:59:18 »

Agombar so far has 68% of votes for MOTM Cheesy

He currently has 69 votes out of 101 cast.  Randall is next with 7 votes.

I think Agombar might shade it.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 14:01:04 »

He's got his mug on the BBC also Smiley

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32471254
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 14:03:42 »

Very weird game.

The 'assitant' on the Arkells side is simply the most incompetent linesman I've probably ever seen at the CG.

The penalty incident should never have happened, as their striker was offside by yards, it wasn't even close. We then conspired to give them two goals.

Good free-kick by Rodgers, which was probably just about the only good thing he did.

Orient should then should've had a player sent off for the two footed lunge on Barthram, which the ref adjudged as a 'fair' challenge.

We got the pen with 10 mins to go, just after Cuthbert came onto the field, which Williams despatched, but minutes later Orient should've had a player sent off after handballing with one of our players straight through on goal, 10 yards inside their half, right in front of the crap lino.

Orient were shite. No disrespect, but you play against a side, who are mostly playing with kids, and then go down to 10 men for 70 mins, and are given the first goal on a plate, and have a lino, who just about gives you eveything, and you still don't win...you deserve to go down.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 14:04:10 »

Us 1 win in 6, Blades 1 win in 6, Chesterfield and Preston 2 each in 6. Doubt if there has ever been a playoff with the 4 teams going in with such a low win rate.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 14:07:35 »

I thoroughly enjoyed that game.

A lot of punters complaining about paying 27, but that was comedy gold.  Topped off, by a cameo from Scott Cuthbert, who is a waddling advert for deep fried Mars Bars and Irn-Bru.

Orient's owners need to hire PdC for next season....him and Spencer, could assemble a team of Jobi McAnuff's
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: