Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient Matchday thread  (Read 53898 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 12:26:01 »

So many people seem to assume the negative, it could be that cooper is doing EXACTLY what we need.

As ever I'm at one with Flashheart. Even at 2-0 down.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 12:26:43 »

Chesterfield equalise...

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 12:27:32 »

Crawley ahead, so Orient down at present...

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #153 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 12:28:13 »

Fucking hell this is just a ridiculous response to an end of a season game where we have a nailed on playoff place. If anyone had offered me that at the start of the season then I would have taken it. Yes we could have gone up automatically until April's results, but our side is knackered after a long bloody season for most of them, who haven't played a full season of week in week out football before. Let alone go away and play at international tournaments and cup competitions on top.

These players thrive on confidence and hearing the stands complain both in person and in the media like I have as a Swindon fan over the last couple of months it is no fucking surprise their form has dropped.

So what if orient are now 2-0 up. I'm listening to this match to see how the academy youngsters do.

I am ashamed to be a Swindon fan sometimes. Some of us have zero grasp of context.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 12:28:40 »

Fine, if you're speaking to us by satellite from Thursday night. Until then, all you short-sighted jeremiahs are doing my head in.

We're in the fucking playoffs! Stop your lip-wobbling ffs.
All great sitting on here saying all that, but you're not actually at games witnessing or spending money on this, I have a season ticket but even so to do this while still charging this at £27 is not right.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 12:29:11 »

Colchester have a penalty - Moncur won it

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 12:29:21 »

Worrying that our defense is quite strong but we look so pathetic at the back at the moment.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 12:29:49 »

Skyed it 20 yards over the bar

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 12:29:52 »

Most of those moaning would also be moaning if we played a full strength team and picked up injuries or suspensions. And yes joteddyred, of course it's negativity. Cooper must have balls the size of watermelons to pick today's team. He knew, after Preston, that he'd get pelters but he's stuck to his game plan. If we don't compete on Thursday and the following Monday, then feel free to carry out the autopsy. Until then try a little positivity. We finished the season 4th over 2 weeks ago, that's some achievement for a club tipped by many (probably the same moany fuckers as now) to be in a relegation scrap.

It's All Good..............
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 12:30:11 »

All great sitting on here saying all that, but you're not actually at games witnessing or spending money on this, I have a season ticket but even so to do this while still charging this at £27 is not right.

Granted, but sometimes perspective comes with distance. See you on Thursday?

wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 12:30:44 »

Fucking hell this is just a ridiculous response to an end of a season game where we have a nailed on playoff place. If anyone had offered me that at the start of the season then I would have taken it. Yes we could have gone up automatically until April's results, but our side is knackered after a long bloody season for most of them, who haven't played a full season of week in week out football before. Let alone go away and play at international tournaments and cup competitions on top.

These players thrive on confidence and hearing the stands complain both in person and in the media like I have as a Swindon fan over the last couple of months it is no fucking surprise their form has dropped.

So what if orient are now 2-0 up. I'm listening to this match to see how the academy youngsters do.

I am ashamed to be a Swindon fan sometimes. Some of us have zero grasp of context.

Yes, but it is just not right if Orient escape relegation because we play a joke team. Today, I'm disgusted to be a town fan.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 12:30:47 »

I was at Preston and Colchester, is it ok if I have an opinion?

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 12:32:36 »

I don't think it's ridiculous, I think people are demonstrating a sense of apprehension about what might happen in the coming play-off games given that the last few league games have been pretty humiliating performances.

As much as football is played on the pitch, there's a lot to be said for confidence and momentum as you said. But that's not just from the players, that's from the fans too. Cooper is concentrating on looking after his key players but at the cost of a loss of confidence from the stands. Only time will tell if this was all a good idea or not.
Flashheart

« Reply #163 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 12:32:53 »

Would playing a full strength team of tired players with niggly injuries have guaranteed results lately? Of course not. We could have ended up going into the playoffs tired, battered, possibly some 1 teamers out through injury AND without this momentum that people keep on banging on about.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 12:33:22 »

Yes, but it is just not right if Orient escape relegation because we play a joke team. Today, I'm disgusted to be a town fan.
It's all about what Cooper thinks is best for Swindon, not any other team. All those playing are professionals and contracted. What's the point in them if they can't play in a game?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: