Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient Matchday thread  (Read 53894 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 12:14:20 »

I think you all need to calm down a bit. You've all known the plan since our playoff place was confirmed. Like the team, you just need to focus on the playoffs now. Save your negativity until you see how we get on on Thursday.

Exactly this & I drove down from Peterborough to watch this. I knew we would be playing this sort of team.
At least I got to see Agombar play Cheesy
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 12:14:57 »

If you were to identify a turning point in our season, Branco getting a run in the side ans Stephens being pushed up is probably it.
Certain irony that after all the fuss about the strength of the team it's one of the 'first teamers' who fucks up for the goal.

On the Agombar issues I notice from twitter thst he seems good mates with a lot of the players, I cannot image he would be accepted if they thought he was a joke passenger?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 12:15:30 »

Must be a Town first and probably not happened much ever, a league debut for a club and save a penalty with first touch of the ball. Nice.

Brez at Hartlepool?
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 12:16:39 »

Brez at Hartlepool?

Wasn't his first touch of the ball, was it?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 12:18:10 »

I think you all need to calm down a bit. You've all known the plan since our playoff place was confirmed. Like the team, you just need to focus on the playoffs now. Save your negativity until you see how we get on on Thursday.
All well and good but if it does backfire we are going to get laughed at and worryingly there we are creating a lot of ill feeling towards the club.
After all these changes if we do look under prepared, lack organisation or don't compete in the play-offs then Cooper's got no excuses and will have to take the blame.
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 12:18:33 »

Momentum is a massive thing and we haven't got any.

Need to avoid defeat somehow on Thursday to have any chance so let's hope that Cooper can just flick that momentum switch over the other way eh?

Can't see it myself.

Never been in this position before and felt so negative, hope I'm wrong.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #141 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 12:19:14 »

Brez at Hartlepool?
Yeah not his first touch for us.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 12:21:17 »

I don't think it's negativity, more a concern about preparation.  As several people have pointed out, our record after resting players or having a break is shite.

I honestly don't think Cooper has a clue who he will start on Thursday and he's not going to get anything from this game to help him.

We haven't seen a good performance for a long time.  I'd question Cooper's ability to raise the team to be honest and we haven't got anyone on the pitch who will do it.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 12:21:48 »

All well and good but if it does backfire we are going to get laughed at and worryingly there we are creating a lot of ill feeling towards the club.
After all these changes if we do look under prepared, lack organisation or don't compete in the play-offs then Cooper's got no excuses and will have to take the blame.

Fine, if you're speaking to us by satellite from Thursday night. Until then, all you short-sighted jeremiahs are doing my head in.

We're in the fucking playoffs! Stop your lip-wobbling ffs.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 12:22:10 »

If we bomb in the first leg next Thursday, Cooper will be flamed.  But if our best players come out looking refreshed and hungry, playing like they did in December and January, he'll be a genius - ignoring the needs of other sides, focussing only on Swindon Town and using the resources at his disposal to best effect.  Even if you disagree with the approach, you can't deny that he has a plan.

There is something to recommend the approach.  Our young squad hit the wall at the end of January.  Form has dipped because we're knackered.  This might (might) just turn that around.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 12:23:53 »

I don't think it's negativity, more a concern about preparation.  As several people have pointed out, our record after resting players or having a break is shite.

I honestly don't think Cooper has a clue who he will start on Thursday and he's not going to get anything from this game to help him.

We haven't seen a good performance for a long time.  I'd question Cooper's ability to raise the team to be honest and we haven't got anyone on the pitch who will do it.

Jo, you're one of the worst. You can barely ever sit through a match without melting down.

It's not about the people on the pitch is it.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Flashheart

« Reply #146 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 12:24:12 »

So many people seem to assume the negative, it could be that cooper is doing EXACTLY what we need.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #147 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 12:25:42 »

So many people seem to assume the negative, it could be that cooper is doing EXACTLY what we need.
This is indeed a possibility, only the next 2 games will tell for sure.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #148 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 12:25:48 »

0-2

Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 12:25:54 »

Load. Of. Shite.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: