Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Bury: Match Day Thread  (Read 50892 times)
Spud

« Reply #165 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 12:54:16 »

Three more Home games left and then I'll be back to picking the games that I attend next season.

Me and 6 others have Season Tickets in the DRS this season and have done for a number of years, 6 of us have decided not to renew for next season. This season has had me attending games like it's a chore and I haven't enjoyed going like I used to.

Last season we played some great Football and I personally think that we've been let down by some awful recruitment in the summer. Liverpool youngsters came in, got injured and went back. They weren't replaced. Last seasons stars like Turnbull have been awful this season.

We've got too many players that aren't good enough for League One Football. I just hope for the Clubs sake and for those that have committed to a Season Ticket for next year that the current transfer philosophy is improved greatly in the summer.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 13:26:08 »

just noticed dmr quit.

I think he's grown up.
_---_--------
on the session ticket front, whatever Power is doing or not doing in terms of taking the club for a ride, the current model is a hard sell.

you have tippy tappy boring football (not always, but right now and often)

you have constant squad rebuilding (this season, not last)

you have the leagues lowest budget.

a necessary model, but not an exciting one. next year is going to be massive. crap recruitment and sell Obika + ajose is worst case. keep them and add quality is probably best case.

no idea which it will be.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 13:30:36 »

just noticed dmr quit.

I think he's grown up.

DMR gave up on Town a long time ago and now he's finally let TEF go.

Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 15:22:07 »

£4m was from a radio phone-in in January, it is on the Trust STFC twitter feed when they did their live updates.

I thought I heard £6m since then, but can't verify it, so maybe not... :-s

£6,534,586 deficit at 31/05/2015 in the published accounts but we assume the last summer transfers are not in that. That includes £2,000,000 given security by company due in over 12 months and £950,000 due in over 5 years. The £2m could be the reported money owed to Andrew Black if the club is sold.

Power may talk of a £4m owed as his loans as the Black money only becomes due when the club changes ownership so day to day it's not an immediate debt. Will be interesting to see the May 2016 position.

Interestingly Oxford lost £2.4m in the same period last year and Shrewsbury lost £450k so an idea of some losses incurred at this level.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 15:30:16 »

It was exactly the same under Di Canio, perhaps even more so in the sheer volume of players signed who were bombed out and then replaced.
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 15:33:59 »

I think the most frustrating part of watching us currently is the lack of urgency, two or three times yesterday it looked like we were going to counter attack, then we would just stop all of a sudden and start passing the ball around, sideways and backwards. Our players to seem to have forgotten they can run with the ball, the most excitement is when in past games Thompson or Branco have run out from the back with the ball, and the teams back off and let us run, our other players suddenly start moving off the ball and it looks like we might do something. But 9 times out of 10 currently a player will receive the ball and stop, looking for the next pass and I just want them to bloody run with it, there is no point in boring possession if there is never a killer ball, it's fine having build up, but when the opportunity is there to drive forward with the ball, we never take it, and then you see the opposition take 3/4 passes and be in our box quickly.
WestYorksRed

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 15:38:04 »

It's £4 million now.

The figure itself was revised in this thread to an agreed-upon £4m, no idea where it came from

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00053100/filing-history

The above is a link to the latest unaudited accounts filed for the football company, to 31 May 2015. So presumably show the effect of the wasted trip to Wembley. It's not the ultimate holding company, the football co is owned by Seebeck 87 which is itself owned by Swinton reds 20, ultimately controlled by LP. There is nothing in the accounts for the latter two, they're basically non trading. Sorry if this goes over old ground as I've seen this sort of stuff on other threads on here.

So, the football co balance sheet is really all we have  on and the disclosure is pretty much non-existent but presumably entirely within the rules. It's also nearly a year out of date. Anyway Cash less creditors > 1yr at May 15 is around £4m net debt. God knows what's in creditors < 1 yr but some of that is likely to be financial debt, say £2m to get the £6m quoted elsewhere.

To be honest £4m net debt quoted feels about right given Luongo, Gladwin and Byrne sale proceeds post the 31 May 2015 balance sheet but a season worth of losses to fund + likely repayment of some debt.

It all looks pretty weak financially and we're reliant on LP (for better or for worse, anything's got to be better than the last lot) but I doubt that our situation is much different from many other clubs operating at our level.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 15:42:44 »

I think the most frustrating part of watching us currently is the lack of urgency, two or three times yesterday it looked like we were going to counter attack, then we would just stop all of a sudden and start passing the ball around, sideways and backwards. Our players to seem to have forgotten they can run with the ball, the most excitement is when in past games Thompson or Branco have run out from the back with the ball, and the teams back off and let us run, our other players suddenly start moving off the ball and it looks like we might do something. But 9 times out of 10 currently a player will receive the ball and stop, looking for the next pass and I just want them to bloody run with it, there is no point in boring possession if there is never a killer ball, it's fine having build up, but when the opportunity is there to drive forward with the ball, we never take it, and then you see the opposition take 3/4 passes and be in our box quickly.

Confidence is a fragile flower....we've young players who have zero belief atm, the same goes for the coaching staff. Which is why our side is as poor as any in our history...marginally better than 10/11, mind.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 15:50:28 »

Quote from: sonicyouth
It was exactly the same under Di Canio, perhaps even more so in the sheer volume of players signed who were bombed out and then replaced.
we used actual cash under pdc to bring in the quality we needed. even if black did decide it was a nuts approach.

ajose aside this season we bought bargain basement

I don't really see them as comparable
Panda Paws

« Reply #174 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 16:16:08 »

I've never had a season ticket, and I'm not buying one until Power starts using payday lenders to borrow loads of cash secured on the training ground to bring in lots of "experienced" players we've all heard of on lots of money, so we can scrap our way to 11th and "just miss out" rather than finish 16th, all while losing £2m+ a year.

When that happens, maybe.... maybe I'll get a season ticket - but only if someone draws me a picture to explain where the Luongo/Gladwin money has gone.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 16:48:47 »

This this this...

Bury gambled whipped in a cross and scored.....from a promising attack that fizzled out.

I actually applauded a shot that sailed into the TE because it was just that...a shot.

Get the fucking in there, when we had a go at them they crumbled.

I hope we have a right go at Walsall.....shit or bust!!!!

Clems Army!
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 17:21:23 »

Bring back Mark Cooper........... Pint

Bathtime
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 17:31:06 »

"Which is why our side is as poor as any in our history...marginally better than 10/11, mind"

Surely better than the side Macari inherited Baddeley, Blackler, Batty, Baillie, Brian Hughes, Simon Gibson and of course Nigel Gray?

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 17:36:00 »

You've just got to look at the replacements for the players we sold last summer.

Luongo - Robert
Gladwin - difficult to say, suppose ultimately Doughty
Byrne - fucking Barry ffs
Williams and Smith - Ajose

So, players we paid around £600,000 for are replaced by players who cost nothing.

Not wishing to get embroiled in the current spat, but my question would be

Why would Power spend good money when he initially took over when we were, according to Power, losing money hand over fist but now when we are financially on an even keel he doesn't seem keen to invest again in the same way
woolster

« Reply #179 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 17:48:54 »

I've been to a few games this season and its been painful, Wembley still grates on me if I'm honest,
been watching town for over 30 years but never felt as depressed as I do now, cant even bring myself to wear any town tops anymore Suicide
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: