Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: First Creighton Goddard scholarship awarded  (Read 166 times)
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« on: Today at 17:39:59 »

This week, my wife and I presented the Creighton Z Goddard Scholarship for the first time.   Although we didn't have any students from our specific high school that we teach at and Creighton attended, we did have a number from other Olathe school district high schools (we have 5)  And we were really looking for someone going into 2 year or trade program for construction, mechanic, plumber, etc..didn't have that either really.  But, the student that we selected will be attending a small 4 year college but he will be studying race car design.  This probably was even more perfect.  My son was in a design program here at Olathe East and for a long time wanted to design cars (until he realized the math that would be required  Grin )   
So the student we selected really will be studying our son's dream.
It was another difficult night for my wife and I and I'm glad she is the one that spoke, but it was a good thing.
I just wanted all of you that have supported us in this endevor, that it has moved forward.  Due to your and other generocity, we will be able to continue this for a number of years.
Thank you all,

Garry
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Today at 18:42:21 »

That's fantastic Garry.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Today at 19:26:29 »

I don't know how you've managed to do something so positive out of the worst case scenario, but you have.

Credit to you all and a very fitting thing in your son's memory.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: