Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Walsall......Matchday Thread.  (Read 35416 times)

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 18:26:16 »

Course not....as you say Hart is negative by instinct, not much use at home, but if he can get us a clean sheet on Tuesday in an away game, he'll be doing good, only 1 in the league this year.

I worry that he'll be around next season having taken us down, but managing to avoid the blame.

nah.he'll go and a lengthy new appointment process will occur.then the wrong man will then be installed as manager.
lump on your previous assumption,Trollope.i will be
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 18:29:47 »

One of the highlights for me today came at half time.  The samba band came on and drowned out the wank pitchside announcer!!!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 18:31:09 »

Do we really need a smilie to point out irony/sarcasm/facetiousness?

Fuck me, it's like a forum full of yanks today.

Sorry Red Cheesy Grin Sad Cool Huh? Roll Eyes Embarrassed Crying Bye Doh Eat
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 18:32:05 »

One of the highlights for me today came at half time.  The samba band came on and drowned out the wank pitchside announcer!!!

Samba?....fuck me i thaught there was a funeral.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #259 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 18:34:51 »

Woolster...i am pouring as i type.

Just finishing my first
pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 18:37:55 »

Our sleepwalk into D2 continues at a pace .... unlucky not to score of Douglas's header or Rose shot near the end, but we dont appear to have a striker who will score the goals to keep us up.
Grella worked hard, but he had limited support when he made 2 or 3 runs into the box - Grella looks like he would play better in a role just behind front two not as a mainline striker.
Walsall's timewasting was the worst Ive seen for some time .... particularly when wovers old boy lescott came back on the pitch to sit down again so we lost possession.

ewsham Robin
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 18:39:53 »

we should have attacked from that throw in.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 18:40:07 »

Just finishing my first

Slacking.
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 18:40:18 »

Second bottle of cider, third one chilling in the fridge, pissed off at the course of events, we are royally screwed. Ah well, a slight tip of the hat to Poole Town FC for making the semi's of the Vase Beers
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 18:41:27 »

We need a win to stand any chance of relegation so we start the game in a 4-5-1 formation with Grella isolated from the two wide players who were playing on their weaker foot - particularly McGovern who looked anonymous - and with no real connection between the back four and the central midfielders. The ball was passed incessantly sidewards and backwards on numerous occasions until someone got bored and hoofed it down the line.

Grella was winning headers, picking up scraps but had no support up with him but Hart not only persisted with 4-5-1 but replaced McGovern with Timlin, leaving us without a valuable wide option when we were getting into the game again. Obika was disinterested, lazy as a sloth and offered no threat at all.

Everyone worked hard and looked up for it but there is just no quality at all. Rose wasted a number of set pieces aside from the clearance at a corner in the first half. The patient and probing build-up play will not get us out of the shite.

I'm not sure how it compares to recent performances but personally I thought it was a very poor performance against an absolutely awful team who were more interested in time wasting than anything else. The referee let them get away with it from the very start and the Lescott incident was just absurd, though not as much as our decision to return possession to them from the resultant throw-in.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 18:41:50 »

Our sleepwalk into D2 continues at a pace .... unlucky not to score of Douglas's header or Rose shot near the end, but we dont appear to have a striker who will score the goals to keep us up.
Grella worked hard, but he had limited support when he made 2 or 3 runs into the box - Grella looks like he would play better in a role just behind front two not as a mainline striker.
I think that grella played well today he worked and was strong, he could be the perfect partner for benyon tues, if we play 2 upfront.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #266 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 18:42:06 »

Hope nobody is going to throw a strop but

Poole beat Torpoint 2-1 in the Quarter Finals of the FA Vase

@leefer Brockenhurst  0  -  2  Totton & Eling 

Brock in bottom two
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 18:43:45 »

Hope nobody is going to throw a strop but

Poole beat Torpoint 2-1 in the Quarter Finals of the FA Vase

@leefer Brockenhurst  0  -  2  Totton & Eling 

Brock in bottom two

Say we are staying oop.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 18:47:45 »

Totally dominated possesion without looking like scoring, apart from hitting the bar and post! Walsall however disapointed me, came and parked the bus, time wasted all day, and got the majority of the decisions from a very weak ref. Apart from that it had 0-0 written all over it as soon as we saw how Walsall set themselves up and how isolated our frontline was. We only have ourselves to blame though, if we would have had a go, and had somebody capable of hitting the target we would have won comfortably.

Oh and Julian Grey, what a petulant prick he is, would have been embarrassed if he was one of my players today.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 18:49:45 »

Thought we played alright today in truth. Knocked the ball around well, looked good at the back. Have no problem with playing 1 up front at home. My problem is i dont think you can do it with Ritchie and McGovern as the wide men, as neither has the pace to get past their man. If we got someone in to replace McGovern i think it could work quite well. Dont know why Ferry came off, he's miles better than timlin. Would like to sheehan back in as well for Rose. Not a bad, start, felt we needed three points, but hopefully some confidence is gained from the cleansheet. Grella i really like the looks of. Obika looked gash when he was on though. This formation isnt going to work for Benyon at all though!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: