Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Walsall......Matchday Thread.  (Read 35434 times)
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 17:37:03 »

Me too.

Just thought he'd sound a bit less like Louis Spence

Cheesy

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 17:40:08 »

Hart actually put an extra striker on instead of taking one off.

Progress
Progress?  He started with one striker - we were at home and should have been going all out for the three points.  His philosophy is obviously don't concede, but that is not good enough in our position.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 17:40:24 »

It's getting bleaker.

Onwards...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 17:42:22 »

Well we worked hard, passed it around a bit and did OK. BUT....we had a total lack of cutting edge.

Walsall came for the draw and to maintain the three point gap, and that's what they achieved with ease. We had a couple of half chances but Rose aside no real clear cut opportunities. In short you'd be satisfied with the effort if we were mid table. But we needed the 3 points.

Oh, and Paul Hart is boring in interview (not Malpas dull though) Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 17:44:32 »

Progress?  He started with one striker - we were at home and should have been going all out for the three points.  His philosophy is obviously don't concede, but that is not good enough in our position.
Quite. Grella worked hard and largely played well but he was having to create his own chances. We don't have the luxury of time to be satisfied with a point at home, especially not against that shite. Crap game. Ref had no balls, and the anorexic lino in front of the DRS either not used to actual football or possibly heavily medicated.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #230 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 17:47:06 »

Progress?  He started with one striker - we were at home and should have been going all out for the three points.  His philosophy is obviously don't concede, but that is not good enough in our position.

I was being facetious.

I am disappointed I have to point that out!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 17:48:20 »

We battered Walsall, they came here to do anything but play football. Started 4-4-2 and we win that easily. Add in a Charlie Austin and he takes home the match ball.

4-5-1 is a shit formation for teams that dont want to win, first mistake.

It was clear from 10 minutes in 4-4-2 and we had that game in the bag, taking off Ferry disjointed us and we never were as dominate again, even less so when we finally went 2 up top.

we are down, 13 draws wont keep us up for fuck sake.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 17:52:38 »

Can someone please pay the bloody Plymouth players so they can go back to being lazy, complacent and self-satisfied instead of this backs-against-the-wall all-in-it-together stuff?
Panda Paws

« Reply #233 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 17:53:09 »

Neither side actually did anything for 80 minutes, it was a complete non event until we actually tried to win it in the last ten.

Grella thoroughly deserved MOM, work rate was brilliant and he looked ok despite being isolated and not suited to playing up top on his own. He wasted a couple of good opportunities but on the whole looked good, especially when played behind Obika and we got him running at their back four.

Caddis and Dougie were also excellent. Frammo looked suspect throughout, Ritchie didn't seem fit first half and Ferry had a quiet 45 but really brightened up after the break.

Really not sold by Hart today, even though it is early. Very negative - which we know is standard for him - and the Timlin for Ferry sub really frustrated me.

Also, I've unofficialy inducted Obika into the "Jamie SLabber loanees Hall of Fame".

All in all, if half the side put in the effort that Dougie and Grella did then we might not even be in this situation and if we spent 80 mins trying to win the game as opposed to 80 mins trying not to lose it we would have been sitting much prettier tonight.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 17:55:00 by Panda Paws » Logged
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 17:53:48 »

Can someone please pay the bloody Plymouth players so they can go back to being lazy, complacent and self-satisfied instead of this backs-against-the-wall all-in-it-together stuff?

Clap
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 17:55:43 »

4-5-1 is a shit formation

Quite. Not sure what was up with Obika when we eventually did go 4-4-2. He seemed to get an attack of Noubleitis.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 17:58:57 »

Are there REALLY 23 teams in L1 better than us? I just can't believe that.

It's been clear for a while, that we're likely to finish 24th, then Plymuff went into admin and threw us a lifeline on that all time low since the formation of Div 3 in 58.

However, they look to have a bit of battling spirit, whereas we don't, so 24th now back on the menu. Rovers, although utter cack do pick up an occasional win, something likely to elude us until the end of the season.

Will the Hart out campaign begin on Tuseday night?

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 18:05:41 »

I was being facetious.

I am disappointed I have to point that out!
Fair enough BR, I am just so frustrated with another piss-poor performance in front of goal again today.  That formation would be ok away from home but in a must win game we should have had the balls to go all out for the win!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 18:08:42 »

Really not sold by Hart today, even though it is early. Very negative - which we know is standard for him - and the Timlin for Ferry sub really frustrated me.

Do I detect the Hart out campaign starting tonight then?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 18:08:58 »

Just back....first of all the negatives,why wait untill 75 mins to play to up front.....playing to deep as usual.
Not a great performance but feel Rose played really well,like Grella as well.
Thaught the crowd on Obika's back was shocking,,,working on scraps he is used to ball to feet not ball thirty yards in front of him.
Defence played well and Douglas was superb.............just nought at front.

Two loan players up front....story in itself really.

Another note..............Why bother with a food bar if at half time there is no pies,no rolls for burgers  no fuck all...................not even any red sauce........paid £3.60p for a hot dog............and no fucking red sauce Sad Sad

Fact is in a lot of ways the club has gone backward since last year..................10,400 fans there today and a lot wont go back.
Good effort from the players today....but again i leave feeling cold,pissed off frustrated..............now where is that red sauce Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: