Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: LG HD LED TV  (Read 4806 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 21:19:42 »

Did you have trumotion?

This explains it a bit

http://www.lgblog.co.uk/2010/03/trumotion-vs-motionflow/
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2012, 06:29:22 »

I think that thi is a side effect of bigger screens and HD transmission.  If you think about it logically when a camera pans at a faster rate the the jump between images is larger.  On an older,smaller SD set this movement was masked by blurring - you wouldnt see the jumps between frames because the picture was small and  blurred anyway.

With larger HD sets the image is clearer and any movement shows a clearer picture and so whn a fast pan occurs they appears as a sequence of clear images which then, as a result appear juddery

My second theory is that most sets are designed to receive images at 60hz and when they receive them at 50hz they are reprocessed and occassionally the synch of images falls out causing the juddering

Ive got my set running through an Onkyo upscaling receiver and still occassionally suffer this issue as it receives TV pictures at 50 hz and yet when I use the Bluray which runs at 60hz I dont get this problem
woolster

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2012, 11:21:19 »

I think that thi is a side effect of bigger screens and HD transmission.  If you think about it logically when a camera pans at a faster rate the the jump between images is larger.  On an older,smaller SD set this movement was masked by blurring - you wouldnt see the jumps between frames because the picture was small and  blurred anyway.

With larger HD sets the image is clearer and any movement shows a clearer picture and so whn a fast pan occurs they appears as a sequence of clear images which then, as a result appear juddery

My second theory is that most sets are designed to receive images at 60hz and when they receive them at 50hz they are reprocessed and occassionally the synch of images falls out causing the juddering

Ive got my set running through an Onkyo upscaling receiver and still occassionally suffer this issue as it receives TV pictures at 50 hz and yet when I use the Bluray which runs at 60hz I dont get this problem
this is true, xbox is running at 60hz, no judder
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2012, 11:35:32 »

the lags not that bad but i notice it now and again
Be good for watching re-runs of Porridge on Smiley

It's all right, no need to shout, the taxi's already on it's way ......
woolster

« Reply #19 on: Friday, May 4, 2012, 21:08:01 »

Did you have trumotion?

This explains it a bit

http://www.lgblog.co.uk/2010/03/trumotion-vs-motionflow/
found the trumotion button, turned it off problem gone, dont know how it works but it did'nt for me Hmmm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: