Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bolton Wanderers - official matchday thread  (Read 42417 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 14:01:40 »

This is great news. I hope Wimbledon up the pace in the second half.

You know we're playing them next week, with no defence?  Could be anything.

It's slightly annoying that Jake Reeeeeves has been a stand out player for them, but we let him go presumably to keep Anton for the Brendan link.
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 18:56:20 »

Oxford fans complaining about playing 442 and going direct.

I thought that was the guaranteed way to win matches in League One though?

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 19:15:51 »

Just looked at the (cough cough) highlights. Branco, who jogged, hands raised in a pathetic offside claim whilst letting players run in behind looked like a player you'd see at mannington rec on a Sunday morning. Shocking! Diabolical!
Looking at the other so called highlights shows how God awful the defence is. Like a knife through butter. All over the place and too weak by the looks of it. Will be lucky to stay up playing like that.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 19:31:38 »

To be fair to Branco, he did OK for most of the match. Though the knife through butter was true a fair few times.

edit: and having watched said highlights

he really is being a lazy git at 56 secs  and again 1:09 straight after, so I see your point.

And what was BOO even trying to do.

That Branco challenge truly deserved the red. Brainless.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 19:38:01 by Batch » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #214 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 19:38:17 »

I think few of the players played poorly as individuals with Boo, Norris and perhaps Furlong being exceptions. There's just no team cohesion.

Batch, I think it was you that drew parallels with Danny Wilson and I've thought the same thing. I think Power is likely to act quicker than Fitton did though.
Flashheart

« Reply #215 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 19:40:45 »

he really is being a lazy git at 56 secs 

Looked like Thompson was shouting at him afterward as well.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 19:42:08 »

Batch, I think it was you that drew parallels with Danny Wilson and I've thought the same thing.

I have, not for a while though. You already know my thoughts on the forwards Smiley

But the midfield has that "should be good, it'll be fine any minute now" feel. And last time I was in the 'let Wilson sort it out, he knows what he's doing' camp, and I was wrong.
----------
Power took out Cooper in similar circumstances. I'm reckon there was more to that than meets the eye for a couple of reasons, not 100% results.

We'll see if he's consistent. As Reg sometimes says, the next couple of games will be critical for him.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 19:45:06 by Batch » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 19:43:06 »

Looked like Thompson was shouting at him afterward as well.

I reckon that was for losing the ball while trying to beat his man in a stupid position..
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #218 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 19:46:01 »

I reckon that was for losing the ball while trying to beat his man in a stupid position..
Something that Thompson is an expert at
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 19:47:59 »

Something that Thompson is an expert at

Qualified to criticise Smiley

He has cost us a lot of goals this season. Thought he was probably our second best player with Murray yesterday though.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 20:21:38 »

To be fair to Branco, he did OK for most of the match. Though the knife through butter was true a fair few times.

edit: and having watched said highlights

he really is being a lazy git at 56 secs  and again 1:09 straight after, so I see your point.

And what was BOO even trying to do.

That Branco challenge truly deserved the red. Brainless.

In totally unrelated news, the Adver is running a headline about clowns being spotted in parts of Swindon ...
Pirate Power

« Reply #221 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 22:03:11 »

Ha ha ha ha ha. Hold on. Ha ha ha ha. What a dipstick talking to yourself.
What my 3 word post beyond your comprehension, dipstick!
Talk Talk

« Reply #222 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 23:09:24 »

What my 3 word post beyond your comprehension, dipstick!

No, but your nine word riposte is beyond mine?
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 23:40:00 »

Don't care what they say, I'd be more embarrassed if Swindon played like Bolton (and yes, I did notice they won.)
Constant shirt grabbing, falling over, relying on the fact that half the squad are about 9 foot tall - fuck off did they win that game on merit. They won it because they are just a more effective kind of shit than we are.

Say what you like about "the Swindon way" but it isn't based on persistent fouling and trying to get people sent off. Watching town lose every week is pretty abysmal but at least we put some moves together that looked cohesive and like football.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 07:50:54 »

Our defensive policy seems to be watching while teams launch it forward and whilst our defence runs around like small children trying to catch snowflakes on their tongue.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: