Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doncaster Rovers v Swindon Town pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 27641 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #135 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 20:19:49 »

But that is Payne, and playing him in a role so close to the centre of defence is asking for trouble.  He is not a bits and pieces player, he feels like he has to be doing something with every touch.  He's not that great at that when playing wide, but at least he is away from trouble.  He can put 60 good minutes together where he is, but he will run out of steam due to his style and cause us three or four problems in a game.
You are correct, never got a solid 65 or anywhere near 90 mins consistancy from him.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 20:19:57 »

Difficult chance for DJ, but straight at keeper
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 20:20:48 »

I know his dad posts on here but he has zero end product and his crossing/shooting is beyond poor. Running fast and looking dangerous is all well and good but at the moment he reminds me of Brophy for us and that’s not really a compliment.

He needs a goal that is all, he showed in preseason what he is capable of, just needs to get his confidence back.  I agree his performances at the moment are frustrating, but I feel he is worth persevering with.  If he was playing in a side full of confidence he would be killing it, he isn't so isn't.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #138 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 20:22:03 »

Easy save for Kovar after they broke away.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 20:23:33 »

He needs a goal that is all, he showed in preseason what he is capable of, just needs to get his confidence back.  I agree his performances at the moment are frustrating, but I feel he is worth persevering with.  If he was playing in a side full of confidence he would be killing it, he isn't so isn't.
To an extent I agree but every shot/cross hits the first man and has been the case for the majority of games he’s played for us.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 20:24:08 »

Poor pass by Conroy saved by Baudry.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 20:24:49 »

To an extent I agree but every shot/cross hits the first man and has been the case for the majority of games he’s played for us.

He set up our best chance of the game not five minutes ago. I agree his end product isn't the best, but if it was he'd be nowhere near League One, his build up play is on another level.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 20:24:59 »

You are correct, never got a solid 65 or anywhere near 90 mins consistancy from him.
Unfortunately, no Town player has achieved that yet this season.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 20:25:09 »

Grounds actually beginning to look a bit more adventurous coming forward, which is new for me.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 20:25:51 »

Get Grounds off and go 3 at the back, extra man in midfield, get a proper striker on.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 20:26:29 »

Yeah it's hard to see why Tyler Smith is still on the bench, unless he's carrying an injury.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 20:26:51 »

No goal scored in over 300 minutes of football now.
That’s a bit shit.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 20:26:55 »

We've recovered some shape if not threat
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 20:27:14 »

He set up our best chance of the game not five minutes ago. I agree his end product isn't the best, but if it was he'd be nowhere near League Two, his build up play is on another level.
He just reminds me of Brophy at the moment and he played for us in this league... runs fast, gets into a dangerous position and then without fail the final ball is powder puff.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 20:27:44 »

Can i throw my Ifollow season ticket at the dugout in disgust..

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: