Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Current Predicament...  (Read 20747 times)
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 19:21:15 »

Cheesy
I didn't see anyone clap after that shit.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 19:22:12 »

No Facebook group Gareth. You must be one of those that claps at any old shit.  Probably clap the players off after losing at scum away back in September. Agree to disagree.
In one post you show your true colours yet again.... every couple of months you pop up on here with your usual doom and gloom and as soon as people start offering a different opinion or ask you to suggest alternatives your posts deteriorate to petty insults and ignoring people's questions to you.

Every thread you have posted is the same, have you ever posted anything remotely positive?
GL5 Red

« Reply #62 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 19:28:42 »

Theakston, oh the irony. Aren't you doing exactly what you are accusing me of? Because you don't agree you are saying I am showing my true colours.  Do you want me to apologise for being concerned that we have a team who are incapable of entertaining the fans? I find it strange yes how people are not concerned with Power. Also, if you read the threads someone actually makes a valid point about attendees which I acknowledge I was wrong and take on board what they say. Unlucky sunshine.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 19:36:23 »

yes but seriously....who will replace him? there is nobody out there...at all.
Oh, but there will be. There always is. It just might not be the insane sugar daddy the fantasists are after. Far more likely the HK con artist that Birmingham got, the asset-stripping Thais at Reading or the likes of Cellino at Leeds. Be very very careful what you wish for. The grass isn't always greener. But some fans are.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 19:37:05 »

Theakston, oh the irony. Aren't you doing exactly what you are accusing me of? Because you don't agree you are saying I am showing my true colours.  Do you want me to apologise for being concerned that we have a team who are incapable of entertaining the fans? I find it strange yes how people are not concerned with Power. Also, if you read the threads someone actually makes a valid point about attendees which I acknowledge I was wrong and take on board what they say. Unlucky sunshine.
There's a difference between rational concern and making unstantiated accusations. You do realise that if Power put the club up for sale as you want and there was no takers then outcome could be catastrophic?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 19:39:58 »

garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 19:41:19 »

Oh, but there will be. There always is. It just might not be the insane sugar daddy the fantasists are after. Far more likely the HK con artist that Birmingham got, the asset-stripping Thais at Reading or the likes of Cellino at Leeds. Be very very careful what you wish for. The grass isn't always greener. But some fans are.

Exactly but "anything is better than Power"  Huh?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 20:05:43 »

Exactly but "anything is better than Power"  Huh?
I suppose the next 7 days will reveal if he has any real interest in progressing the club. If this window consists of the 4 loanees and nobody else I think it would be safe to say he aint.

The Chelsea 3, irrespective of their ability, are exactly the sort of player we didn't need in this predicament.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 20:09:10 »

I still don't understand this "he doesn't care if we get relegated" stuff. He's in it for money, not for love (like 99% of owners, I'd add) and regardless of whether his 'system' is working or not surely he'd make more money in L1 than the conference?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 20:09:14 »

The Tim Sherwood fiasco doesn't help either.

If, as we are led to believe, he decides on the formation & picks the team where is he on match days.
He doesn't appear on the sidelines, doesn't come out and explain what went wrong & more importantly what he is going to do to change it.
We are left with Williams who appears to have run out of ideas, and doesn't really want the job.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 20:10:34 »

I suppose the next 7 days will reveal if he has any real interest in progressing the club. If this window consists of the 4 loanees and nobody else I think it would be safe to say he aint.

The Chelsea 3, irrespective of their ability, are exactly the sort of player we didn't need in this predicament.

The problem is, not many clubs are willing to sell at the moment...... especially the calibre of players the fans think we should be signing...... It's a busy window and not many are going to let their gems go unless you spend over the odds (Lookman to Everton) because clubs either want promotion or survive relegation.

I am hoping we get 2 in this week, a defender and an attacker
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 20:15:15 »

Sherwood was only announced as DOF to keep the fans onside and to make it look like they were arsed about the whole shambles IMO

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 20:16:38 »

I still don't understand this "he doesn't care if we get relegated" stuff. He's in it for money, not for love (like 99% of owners, I'd add) and regardless of whether his 'system' is working or not surely he'd make more money in L1 than the conference?
I suppose that if his model is to tie income to budget then margins stay similar and only the product on the pitch is likely to suffer.

Perfect storm.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 20:21:38 »

The Tim Sherwood fiasco doesn't help either.

If, as we are led to believe, he decides on the formation & picks the team where is he on match days.
He doesn't appear on the sidelines, doesn't come out and explain what went wrong & more importantly what he is going to do to change it.
We are left with Williams who appears to have run out of ideas, and doesn't really want the job.

I agree with this but Sherwood is supposedly refuses to be the face of the team while it isn't his so leaves it down to Williams as he put the team together with Power.

Now the question is, will that change in the summer when the clear out starts and Sherwood can bring in some permanent recruits or has this all been a big soap drama and he has no intention of being the face of the club.

How many DOF's are on the touchline though? not many, Dof's normally have hands on from the side and let the coaches do the day to do day stuff so can't see him suddenly coming out and talking to the media. We don't have the normal system here, we don't have a manager, we have coaches and a DoF but the fans don't seem to grasp that and see Williams as the manager, Williams only does the media duties as there is no one else (apart from Embleton).

If we were winning, no one would bat an eyelid at this but because we aren't, Williams gets the flack for not being "assertive with the players".
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 20:30:59 »

Sherwood was only announced as DOF to keep the fans onside and to make it look like they were arsed about the whole shambles IMO

We'll know one way or the other at the end of this window.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: