Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Punk music  (Read 3428 times)
spacey

« Reply #15 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 16:01:57 »

Having started this thread when I was a bit pissed, I feel that I am now riding a musical high horse and I want to get off.I found your signature annoyed me but I'm over it now.

I think stuff like Vanilla Ice is a cash in on Hip Hop's good name.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 16:02:42 »

If we're talking about categorizing music, one that always bemuses me is how the hell 'R and B' which to me applies to such artists as BB King, John Lee Hooker, Sam Cooke, Curtis Mayfield etc. also came to describe shite like R Kelly, Destiny's Child, Nelly etc.

What the fuck happened there?Huh??
spacey

« Reply #17 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 17:40:20 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
If we're talking about categorizing music, one that always bemuses me is how the hell 'R and B' which to me applies to such artists as BB King, John Lee Hooker, Sam Cooke, Curtis Mayfield etc. also came to describe shite like R Kelly, Destiny's Child, Nelly etc.

I think the R'n'B that describes the likes of R Kelly stands for Romantic and Black.The R'n'B that describes BB King and John Lee Hooker stands for Rhythm and Blues.I'd put Sam Cooke and Curtis Mayfield in Soul.I think your Nellys and Destiny's childs are now categorized as Urban.
DMR

« Reply #18 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 21:44:24 »

Jasey, I drink Stella top  Crying
spacey

« Reply #19 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 21:57:53 »

Dave gets a round in

http://www.travelsmart.net/ph/hotels/Hotel_Fleuris/cocktails-l.jpg
DMR

« Reply #20 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 22:01:35 »

Spacey greedily drinks the whole round

http://linkage.cpmc.columbia.edu/photos/NYP/Friends/work/Tero/drunk.jpg
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, January 8, 2005, 09:29:13 »

Quote from: "spacey"
Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"

I think the R'n'B that describes the likes of R Kelly stands for Romantic and Black.The R'n'B that describes BB King and John Lee Hooker stands for Rhythm and Blues.I'd put Sam Cooke and Curtis Mayfield in Soul.I think your Nellys and Destiny's childs are now categorized as Urban.

Aaah, Romantic and Black. Of course :roll:   Thanks for clearing that up Kev!
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, January 8, 2005, 22:44:01 »

urban  :evil:  what a fucking gay phrase, one of my newest hates. itslike wankers who have got graffiti on their clothes. gfor fucks sakes where your morals.

oooh we're urban, we've got cheap graff on our clothes and listen to black americans telling us they love big bums and have plentyof jewelry.

fucking cunts,for fucks sake.

RnB= rich n black

officially blacker than the night.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, January 9, 2005, 01:21:29 »

What is it with those jackets they sell in Burtons or Topman.

Pinstribe AND graffiti? what's going on  :?:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: