Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Newport Taffs in JPT  (Read 35386 times)
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 21:46:50 »

Up at 04.45 for work on the wednesday
Will snooze on the coach on the way home  Zzz
Generally dont do away midweek but new ground and all that

Yeah I thought the same with it being one to tick off - sadly with restricted funds also means I'll be giving it a miss and preferring to do Orient - if that's a preference!!!

#VivaKenBarlow!
South Hams STFC

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Monday, September 22, 2014, 07:31:44 »

Two of us travelling up from South Devon.

Closer than a home game, so would be churlish not to!

I assume that tickets can be bought on the gate?

Bye

Proud supporter of Swindon Town since 1974...
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Monday, September 22, 2014, 08:09:26 »

Two of us travelling up from South Devon.

Closer than a home game, so would be churlish not to!

I assume that tickets can be bought on the gate?

Bye

Not sure... tickets do seem to selling quite well. I'll find out for you.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
South Hams STFC

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Monday, September 22, 2014, 08:18:57 »

Just checked on footballgroundguide.com and away section hold just under 1,000, so will not be a problem....

Proud supporter of Swindon Town since 1974...
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Monday, September 22, 2014, 08:33:32 »

Just checked on footballgroundguide.com and away section hold just under 1,000, so will not be a problem....

Clare Scarth is the lady in the know. We've already sold 400 with tickets available on the day. Pretty good going.

https://twitter.com/clarescarth/status/513967750126268416

dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Monday, September 22, 2014, 09:38:32 »

Make that 402! Just purchased Newport tickets for me and the old man. Speaking to Jason in the club shop/ticket office, there are seats left behind the goal, it's just that STFC have sold all of the behind the goal tickets that Newport County sent us. Should be a good turnout, 550-600 ish.

Belford for Foderingham, Reeves for Kasim (suspended) and Williams for M.Smith or Obika will be the only changes i reckon. STFC looking to take this competition very seriously again.

If Rossi-Branco and Stephens are both unfit though, I'll be feeling less confident with Josh Lelan in the back 3... COYR!

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Monday, September 22, 2014, 10:08:01 »

Make that 402! Just purchased Newport tickets for me and the old man. Speaking to Jason in the club shop/ticket office, there are seats left behind the goal, it's just that STFC have sold all of the behind the goal tickets that Newport County sent us. Should be a good turnout, 550-600 ish.

Belford for Foderingham, Reeves for Kasim (suspended) and Williams for M.Smith or Obika will be the only changes i reckon. STFC looking to take this competition very seriously again.

If Rossi-Branco and Stephens are both unfit though, I'll be feeling less confident with Josh Lelan in the back 3... COYR!

That's good to hear. My ticket numbers behind the goal are Row C Seat 1 and Row C Seat 2... So I guess it'll be a free-for-all to some extent (Or I hope it is for my sake), not that we'll be sitting down at all.

My line up is:

Belford
N. Thompson, Turnbull, Lelan (unless Branco is fit)
Byrne, L. Thompson, Luongo (unless his knee is bad), Reeves, B. Smith
Obika, Williams

I think Cooper may want to rest M. Smith for Saturday, but he'll feature if we're losing in the second half.

I wouldn't be surprised if Waldon or any of the other youngsters made an appearance to rest some of the league XI squad.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #112 on: Monday, September 22, 2014, 13:54:33 »

No Luongo or Branco for tomorrow.

http://www.flicwiltshire.com/STFC/Cooper-to-be-without-Luongo-and-Branco-for-trip-to-Newport.aspx#.VCAlSUu4nFI

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, September 22, 2014, 14:56:33 »

I remember a game in the dark Sturrock days of Div 4, when we went to Barnet and had more away fans than  home fans...of course we still lost, to a goal by one of the Allen clan.  Not sure if he ever scored v anyone else or even made more than a handful of appearances.

Not sure how many Newport get these days, but one of the reasons why they nearly sunk without trace was historically poor gates at Somerton Park...hopefully there'll be more home fans than away.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #114 on: Monday, September 22, 2014, 15:04:26 »

They are averaging about 2,700 ish this season so far, so a lot lower than they used to get at Somerton Park.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #115 on: Monday, September 22, 2014, 15:11:10 »

The record cup attendance at Rodney Parade is only 2,849 vs. Portsmouth back in November.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, September 22, 2014, 15:13:43 »

With Yaser out as well, and Gladwin still Injured, looking a bit thin in midfield, wonder If he'll bring lelan in at the back and use Stephens as a holding player. otherwise a formation change looks likely.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, September 22, 2014, 15:15:32 »

They are averaging about 2,700 ish this season so far, so a lot lower than they used to get at Somerton Park.

Given that gates in the Paint Pot are generally well down on league games, and supposing they get about 2500 home fans for league games, you'd imagine 1200 or so home fans will turn up. Hopefully they'll be playing a few fringe players too.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Monday, September 22, 2014, 15:23:24 »

Bloody hell the dearest ticket at Newport for lg2 games is £22  Eek so no wonder attendance's are shit

Although they do sell half season tickets

http://www.newport-county.co.uk/tickets/
kerry red

« Reply #119 on: Monday, September 22, 2014, 15:24:54 »

Mind you, we are at the height of the sheep bothering season so bound to impact on the attendance somewhat.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: