Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Press restrictions.  (Read 108862 times)
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 19:29:19 »

What's all his stuff about whatsApp everyone's moaning about? Can't be arsed to read any adver articles to find out myself
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 21:21:38 »

Sam mentioned it in his article tonight (Which is rather good in fairness), apparently Power's Whatsapp (which is apparently a thing) is now Kim Jong Un with the taglone 'your imperial master has spoken'

If that's true it's diabolically funny.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 21:29:55 »

Screenahot on the previous page Cheesy
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 22:11:51 »

Leaving aside the amusing Whatsapp pic, slightly more worrying is the allegation in Sam's article that the iron fist is being shaken at fans as well as the press now:

"I was advised that a supporter of some clout was warned about what they were posting on social media forums with relation to criticism of the club, and its use of Fanzai in particular.

The warning did not come direct from the club, it was relayed through a second party, but the issue is there at large"

- See more at: http://totalswindonsport.com/2015/08/sam-morshead-when-the-football-medias-freedom-and-cricket-collide/#sthash.AZ5I7xpK.dpuf

For those who shrugged their shoulders at the media getting shut out, does that (if true) not set off a few alarm bells?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 22:29:16 »

It werent me, ive checked my emails Cheesy
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 22:37:11 »

If it's true who was it? Social media forums could be Facebook, Twitter, or... here? Most of the people who bother to post on the club Facebook or Twitter pages (other than the tanswells getting their kicks) are rarely particularly in-depth thinkers (it's like the Adver comments section. In fact probably the same people). Certainly no-one on here, nobody was particularly vociferous in their hatred of Fanzai and then suddenly disappeared.

Actually, has anyone seen Ardiles in the past few days?  Hmmm
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 23:03:16 »

I'll criticize Fanzai until the cows come home. I have no clout though as I'm sure whoever at the club reads this agrees.
---
Warnings about opinions on the shiteness of Fanzai, the piss poor PR and the media strategy is a massive club cock up, but very few seem to care. To be fair caring only about football is as it should be in some respects.

The cricket thing seems  very petty, at least without providing an explanation.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Saturday, August 22, 2015, 00:48:27 »

I just had a quick glimpse over the top articles on the adver site that show up on my phone and tried to spot an error. Call me a saddo or a pedant but it REALLY didn't take that long..

1. TOWN have completed the signing of Jordan Stewart from Irish Premiership side, Glentoran for a fee believed to be £55,000.
Passable but what's that comma doing there?

2. literally back and forth between Belfast and Swindon

Was he really?

With all the off-field wrangles now apparantly out of the way
Apparently anyone can be a juornalist.

3. without giving seven days' formal written notice.
Who do these days belong to exactly?

4. Legible from Harry Abbott.

5.  Brown is hoping he can shake that off to feature more prominantly this weekend.

These As and Es eh?

6.“but we were happy with the performance “It takes time for those results to come, but we said in the dressing room if the performances are good we know eventually the results will start to come as well.”

Would blame it on a computer error if there weren't so many others.

7. With the way Town play they are always liable to concede goals and that is a something unlikely to change

Honestly, it's not just the odd forgiveable typo we're talking about. It's fucking incompetent.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Saturday, August 22, 2015, 02:15:52 »

In the light of Sam's article (which contained a language error, incidentally, confusing providence with provenance), anyone continuing to think that errors in the Adver are the burning issue needs a serious reality check.

With the ridiculous clampdown on media, employees and now apparently fans, Power's media incompetence reaches a new level. Sam challenges fans who don't agree with the policy to do something about it. I'm on holiday this week, but when I get back I'll be writing to the club and the Trust. (What have the Trust been doing about this?) Renewing my non-attendance pledge of the Dux era is a pretty toothless gesture from someone who went to four games last year, but I'm considering it.

Is anyone else on here sufficiently angry to want to do something about this?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Skinny Pete

« Reply #474 on: Saturday, August 22, 2015, 04:03:58 »

If this is, essentially, all about the club trying to make a few quid by charging for access who do they think their customer(s) will be?

Apart from the 3 local media outlets I can't see who else would be remotely interested.

As for Fanzai - is it actually working - that is one area the fans can make their voice heard. Don't fucking use it.

The club will, no doubt, bring in a subscription for that in the future. Strangle it at birth.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Saturday, August 22, 2015, 07:53:56 »

Power's media incompetence
More a strategy than incompetance.

Is anyone else on here sufficiently angry to want to do something about this?

Angry, but not so angry as to protest or boycott I'm afraid. Occasional keyboard warrier and boycott of official club media is about as much as you are going to get out of me.

But if fans are being pressured for criticising aspect of the way the club is conducting their business that may change.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 22, 2015, 08:01:47 by Batch » Logged
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Saturday, August 22, 2015, 07:56:06 »

I didn't realise that Fanzai was still a thing..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Saturday, August 22, 2015, 08:36:37 »

Perhaps we should start communicating our opinions in code.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Saturday, August 22, 2015, 08:46:52 »

I didn't realise that Fanzai was still a thing..

Fanzai as a service isn't really the problem, it's the measly content that the club supply via the app which makes it so farcical. They've not come close to providing the information that STFC said they would.

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Saturday, August 22, 2015, 08:53:33 »

Fanzai as a service isn't really the problem, it's the measly content that the club supply via the app which makes it so farcical. They've not come close to providing the information that STFC said they would.

I installed it and it didn't work on my phone.. so I just got rid.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: