Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Perspective  (Read 5138 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, March 9, 2014, 10:23:35 »

Hope Andy Rowland is at least ok and if he's chatting then that's good.

I think it's the manner of defeats and the inability that Cooper has of changing anything compounded by arrogant style of post match interview that fucks me off.

However.....I didn't hear yesterday's post match...what did he say?

Clems Army!
kerry red

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, March 9, 2014, 10:51:15 »

Got to say I can't remember this level of pessimism when we are having what is just a middling dull season.

There have been plenty of these over the years.

I can only think, and this applies to myself, it is the performance level (or lack of) that has got people down.

When you are served up with a continuing 90 minutes of same old same old knowing nothing is going to change for the next game you do get to the stage where you say 'fuck this for a game of soldiers' and start skipping more and more games.

And, of course, being fans we all know better!
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, March 9, 2014, 11:08:55 »

It's "Arse", "Ass" is another name for a donkey.
My mistake. After years of reading Regs pearls of wisdom, I'd always thought he was the same age as Jesus and as we all know Jesus rode into town on his ass or arse, as the case may be.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, March 9, 2014, 12:06:00 »

I remember the Malpas era, the crowd moaned and groaned a lot but weren't calling for the manager to go for a long time.

It isn't always going to be a cracking season,  Swindon usually find themselves at either end of the table,  some people can't take a season when there is nothing at stake.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, March 9, 2014, 12:22:06 »

I remember the Malpas era, the crowd moaned and groaned a lot but weren't calling for the manager to go for a long time.

It isn't always going to be a cracking season,  Swindon usually find themselves at either end of the table,  some people can't take a season when there is nothing at stake.
Absolutely right. It's when bums on seats go missing when the shit hits the fan. I was told, wrongly or rightly, that the Crawley game was poorly attended. A false figure was possibly announced, counting all season ticket holders as present when some had gone AWOL.
If that was correct and if that's the future, well, it looks grim for you diehards sorry to say.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, March 9, 2014, 12:49:11 »

Got to say I can't remember this level of pessimism when we are having what is just a middling dull season.

There have been plenty of these over the years.

I can only think, and this applies to myself, it is the performance level (or lack of) that has got people down.

I have a slightly different view. I think it's that we have recently been relatively spoilt in terms of budget and hence expectations were high.

As a club it feels like we are heading back to square 1 pre fitton/black. And it's hard to adjust to that loss of momentum.

But the performances don't help. All that would be forgotten had we been playing well.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, March 9, 2014, 21:31:37 »

Currently sitting 8th in the league does anyone know where we would be in a league table of budgets. That would give some perspective as I am almost certain there is 7 teams with a higher budget than ours.

It's a shame we couldn't build on our early season form but we can rebuild next season and go again. Plenty of teams would swap our position for ours. Both financially and on the pitch. Seems weird saying that first bit!
Flashheart

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, March 9, 2014, 21:51:31 »

Currently sitting 8th in the league does anyone know where we would be in a league table of budgets. That would give some perspective as I am almost certain there is 7 teams with a higher budget than ours.

Top 10-ish. I've looked into it. In terms of budget we are pretty much where we should be.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 08:55:45 »

I guess as we started the league quite well and played some sexy football towards the start of the season, the expectation levels were increased slightly.

The recent run of form (1 win in 10 is it) is slightly worrying but we should have enough to finish 8-12th which was the pre-season prediction for many.

Is the recent run of form due to a lack of fitness? In the Crewe and Saturday's match we were decent enough in the first half but then sounded like we ran out of steam, is Cooper working the players hard enough? Obviously under Di Canio, Fitness was never an issue.

Its been interesting to hear the comments this season are so polarised. Earlier in the season some were saying its the best football they've ever seen Swindon play, and no people are saying its some of the worst!

Hopefully we take the positives from this season and learn going forward. I think Cooper needs to be a bit braver in matches, the negative football we play is both boring and non-rewarding.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 16:35:00 »

My mistake. After years of reading Regs pearls of wisdom, I'd always thought he was the same age as Jesus and as we all know Jesus rode into town on his ass or arse, as the case may be.

Matthew 7:6

neither cast ye, your pearls before swine....
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: