Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Cliques!!  (Read 6877 times)
STFC_Gazzza

« on: Wednesday, June 8, 2011, 07:12:04 »

“At the end of the day what Paolo wants is a balanced squad of players both in terms of skill, culture and personality and we have to get away from these cliques that we had with various groups of players last season that I felt was unhealthy and eroded the culture of the dressing room.”

Interesting quote from Nick Watkins in today's adver, confirms what most of us knew. Seemed at the shirt sponsors do last year that they were not exactly working as a unit and many times last season players were having a go at each other. I heard rumblings about the black and white players didn't interact with each other, and the Leeds players thought they were the leaders of the dressing room and isolated themselves from the rest of the squad.

Seems to explain why all the players were free to go to try and break up these cliques. There is clearly a discipline problem and a unity problem and PDC has clearly been brought in to erradicate this.

Didnt matter who was manager really, the players clearly were out for themselves and hence why most of them are abandoing ship. They are scared shitless of PDC. PDC will want the squad to be a UNIT.

Writing was on the wall early on really then. we should have tried to ship players out in January (or maybe we did) and maybe we would have had a chance against relegation.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 8, 2011, 07:13:42 by STFC_Gazzza » Logged
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2011, 07:28:42 »

Good write up by Wray, made some interesting points.

I can picture it now, Leeds in one corner, Celtic in another, the foreigners in another corner and the young'uns in the other corner.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2011, 07:31:17 »

See this sort of thing doesn't bother me, aslong as the results come. There will always be different groups of players (we all knew this months ago), and the same groups were probably in existant in the PO season. I don't think the cliques were to blame for the shambles last season.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2011, 07:33:02 »

Not only does it bring into question Wilson's management of the situation, it also raises the question what the fuck was captain Douglas doing?

Chatting with Lucas and Sheehan by the sound of things....

It's All Good..............
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2011, 07:35:15 »

See this sort of thing doesn't bother me, aslong as the results come. There will always be different groups of players (we all knew this months ago), and the same groups were probably in existant in the PO season. I don't think the cliques were to blame for the shambles last season.

That's bollocks. You can have friendships outside of work with team mates but at work you should all be together and focused on the team goal.

Cliques fuck up workplaces, I know from personal experience.

It's All Good..............

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2011, 07:35:39 »

agree with the above.i think the clique thing is being blown out of proportion.

also when things go tits up players will start to blame each other.that will happen at every club that struggles
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 8, 2011, 07:40:17 by arriba » Logged
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2011, 07:40:38 »

Not only does it bring into question Wilson's management of the situation, it also raises the question what the fuck was captain Douglas doing?

Chatting with Lucas and Sheehan by the sound of things....

Greer must have been a "rally the troups" kind of person and in fairness it showed on the pitch. God what a dropped bollock that was selling him Sad
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2011, 07:41:16 »

Maybe that is why we are in no rush to re-new Douglas contract???
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2011, 08:02:21 »

I wonder how much this clique affected Austin's step up to pro football? How much of Austin's alleged antic's were in an effort to either join the clique or fuck it up
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 8, 2011, 08:06:21 by @MacPhlea » Logged
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2011, 08:12:37 »

That's bollocks. You can have friendships outside of work with team mates but at work you should all be together and focused on the team goal.

Cliques fuck up workplaces, I know from personal experience.

what herthab said

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2011, 09:17:58 »

My money would be on prutton being ringleader
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2011, 09:21:41 »

I find myself agreeing with Bart
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2011, 09:23:04 »

My money would be on prutton being ringleader

"D'ya loik dags?"
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2011, 09:32:49 »

Douglas, prutton, sheehan, timlin, o'brien and lucas
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2011, 09:33:57 »

I think strood wrote on twitter that he had spoken to a player from one of pruttons old clubs. He said he was a wanker and ruined the dressing room there as well
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: