Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rhys Evans : I never wanted to leave  (Read 12348 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 08:25:28 »

Gary, I can imagine the shock waves that that kind of story would have created throughout the media world.  "Ex player enjoyed time at old club, but wants to beat them tomorrow", that really would have got us talking about it.  FFS mate that would quite possibly be one of the most boring articles ever.  

The Adver have interviewed Rhys and made a meal out of the "juicey" bits, I bet Rhys can't even remember saying "I never wanted to leave Swindon".     How come when Peacock told a TEF'er he doesn't really like speaking to the adver because they misquote him we think fair enough, then as soon as an ex-player is quoted, we take the article as Gospel.

Give the bloke a break, he left for more money, as 99% of us would have done, especially if we had a family to support.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #16 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 08:31:31 »

Ah right the Advers fault again... Getting a bit boring now
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 08:39:44 »

Cryer is a cunt
fatbury

« Reply #18 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 08:44:25 »

Out of contract in the summer incidentally ... would come back to us in a heartbeat!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 08:45:59 »

Quote from: "Don Rogers Shop"
Ah right the Advers fault again... Getting a bit boring now

No I'm not saying it's the Adver's fault as such I'm just stating that when Sir Lee Peacock tells fans the Adver misquotes and elaborates certain parts of interviews, we think oh right fair enough, then as soon as a story like this comes out a certain number of fans get all upset about it as the headline screams "I never wanted to leave!!".

Read the article and there's little to nothing to get annoyed about, the bloke was doing the best for his famille.
glos_robin

« Reply #20 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 08:47:39 »

I don't like Rhys Evans because he always blames someone else and has an excuse for everything. Like his shit kicking being because one of his legs is slightly longer than the other........I mean come on of all the crap excuses. Then whenever he made a mistake it was always someone elses fault, and now he's blaming others for him leaving. His biggest problem though is that he thought he was better than he was and got found out at Blackpool who rate him as one of their worst keepers of all time.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 08:48:42 »

Do they??  I never knew that!!!
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #22 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 08:49:08 »

Quote from: "Colin Todd"
Cryer is a cunt
I actually agree with that.Jan im sure Lee Peacock is old enough to realise that he does not have to talk to Andy Cryer that’s what makes me laugh because if he just adds bit as he supposedly has said why the hell does he keep speaking to him? As I have said he has no obligation to speak to him
glos_robin

« Reply #23 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 08:50:45 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Do they??  I never knew that!!!

He's hated by the Blackpool fans epecially after his sob story article last year where he said he was thinking of retiring because of the criticism he was getting from their supporters
Rich Pullen

« Reply #24 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 08:50:58 »

Rhys Evans is ancient history as far as I'm concerned - and that interview is just a generic "I hope those who hated me have forgotten - here's a peace-pipe PLEASE SMOKE IT" (maybe not the latter bit).

Meh.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 09:03:13 »

I saw Rhys Evans in Walkabout not long ago - FACT
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 09:22:38 »

Quote from: "Jamiesfuturewife"
I saw Rhys Evans in Walkabout not long ago - FACT

Not a very interesting one though.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 09:25:14 »

Crying it was the only input I had to offer
DMR

« Reply #28 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 09:40:02 »

Agreed Bushey, any abuse (over and above good natured banter) would be uncalled for in my opinion, the bloke played well for us and left when an opportunity came up.

Evans had one half decent season and otherwise was fucking gash, he also had an annoying tendancy to thinkhe was whiter than white and never take responsibilty for when he was cack

After Griemik, I thought it was impossible to find a keeper who had worse kciking than him, and that really really bugged me about Evans. The opposition fans would actually laugh at him.

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 09:54:28 »

Quote from: "DMR"
Agreed Bushey, any abuse (over and above good natured banter) would be uncalled for in my opinion, the bloke played well for us and left when an opportunity came up.

Evans had one half decent season and otherwise was fucking gash, he also had an annoying tendancy to thinkhe was whiter than white and never take responsibilty for when he was cack

After Griemik, I thought it was impossible to find a keeper who had worse kciking than him, and that really really bugged me about Evans. The opposition fans would actually laugh at him.

spot on sir.
he may have won player of the year but he was shit that season(the others were generally worse)i didn't vote as it was a total waste that year imo.

he moved on because he thought it was a step up from where we found ourselves, the money was better and his best mate played for blackpool.and we have heard tales about contracts before haven't we? seems stuff was promised time and again which wasn't actually on offer when it came to signing.

he's not a player that deserves any abuse imo.friendly banter and a round of applause for his efforts while here.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: