Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rhys Evans : I never wanted to leave  (Read 12349 times)
STFC_Gazzza

« on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 07:11:42 »

Oh dear. I think he feares the townend

Says in todays adver that he never wanted to leave. Says the reason he left was because Dennis Wise spoke to Sean O’Hanlon first even though he was named player of the year. He also says the club would not pay him a reasonable amount of money so he was FORCED OUT.

Now if I re-call he said he wanted to play in League 1 and didn’t want to drop to league 2. NOT ONCE He said he wanted to stay I don’t think.

I think someone is a bit scared of the town end!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 07:13:00 »

That's a load of bollocks, the things he's said about Swindon since he left are fucking shocking. What a coward, he's completely backtracked on what he said before. Good job the game doesn't mean anything really, but we all know he flaps under pressure so I hope the town end make his life hell.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 07:14:19 »

££££££££££

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
fatbury

« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 07:42:55 »

Im sure hes looking forward to the creepy chanting in the town end tomorrow Smiley

Worked a treat against Taylor and Martin !!
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 07:53:05 »

Quote from: "Sippo"
££££££££££

:goodpost:

I come from a land down-under
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 07:53:54 »

"THE TRUTH!" (IT WAS EVERYONE ELSE'S FAULT)

"I wanted to stay and help Swindon back up and I also felt I owed something to the people who voted for me as player of the season. But when Dennis Wise came in as manager he contacted Sean O'Hanlon on his first day but never phoned me.

"Blackpool was a bad decision and looking back of course I have regrets moving there.

"I even had serious doubts on the morning of signing and phoned my dad - because I did have bad feelings about it.

"I wanted to stay at Swindon, it is important to say that. I was honest enough to Mark Devlin at the time that I'd had talks with Blackpool but I also made it clear I did not want to go.

""I said if they could get near an offer I thought was reasonable I would stay. I was not asking for the same as Blackpool were offering, because obviously they were in a higher division.

"I knew what the other players were on at the club roughly and what I was asking for was not extortionate.

"I did not expect to be the highest paid player. Mark Devlin seemed quite happy with the figures at first."

"Considering I had been voted player of the year I thought it was strange he did not even get into contact with me.

"Mark Devlin reassured me they were still talking through the budget but I was not convinced by what he was saying.

"They then said they were going back to their original offer and one-year deal with money that was poor in anyone's books.

"I don't regret leaving because I had no choice.

"I do feel let down by the club but I still remember some great times there."

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/display.var.2241925.0.rhys_i_didnt_want_to_leave.php
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 07:56:02 »

I like Rhys Evans, on the few occasions I bumped into him on a night out he was a model pro, always with a bottle in his hand, of water, nice polite, not up himself, nice bloke.

Fellas when are some of our fans gonna realise that these lads need to earn enough money to support their families.  What Rhys says is true the fact he wasn't offered what he needed meant he was forced to look elsewhere.

If my company offered me rubbish money I would be forced to leave whether I wanted to stay or not, as I have a mortgage to pay etc...
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 07:57:20 »

I wonder if our infrequent poster Mark D will back Rhys up on this one?  By means of a rather informal post.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 08:04:14 »

Dont care what people say, hes a good lad.

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #9 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 08:05:07 »

He has a nice bum
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #10 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 08:06:50 »

Not saying he is not a good lad but why give stupid reasons why you left and contradict what he said in the past. He could have said "i had a good time at swindon, still look for results, but want 3 points for millwall" I know it sells paper so no doubt the adver stirred the pot etc to get fans on his back etc but still... Just wait til Curo returns! Smiley
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 08:07:32 »

Agreed Bushey, any abuse (over and above good natured banter) would be uncalled for in my opinion, the bloke played well for us and left when an opportunity came up.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 08:19:53 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Agreed Bushey, any abuse (over and above good natured banter) would be uncalled for in my opinion, the bloke played well for us and left when an opportunity came up.

Agree with that, also Gazza I think you need to understand what the truth was and what in fact was the usualy adver reporting.

Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 08:20:53 »

I dont understand why some of our fans hate him so much.  He moved to a club in a higher league for a more money on a longer contract after a few years of decent service.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #14 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 08:24:48 »

I sort of think it was unecessary to bring up why he left really...  don't think he should get any OTT abuse. He is bound to get some stick being a former player though. On a side note, Evans was brilliant in our playoff season! I think he has just opened himself up for abuse though by bringing up the past.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: