Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Stevenage official match day thread  (Read 57641 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #360 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 15:31:11 »

So you were live texting from the ground? Magic fingers!  Not Worthy
No, I can't watch in real life and post Cheesy just going by the views on the camera and the videos at the end of the match of the DRS which looked fairly well filled as always.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 15:32:52 »

Just my view, I could well be wrong!

It seems a bit wierd that the attendance was EXACTLY the same as Saturday away at Port Vale, I think someones wires was crossed in translation from mouth to ear.

I think you might be right Smiley

And please don't shoot the Melinda, I am only passing on what I heard - although it was from one of the Tans clan! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #362 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 15:34:04 »

I think you might be right Smiley

And please don't shoot the Melinda, I am only passing on what I heard - although it was from one of the Tans clan! Smiley
Ollie, give him my love next time you see him!

Flashheart

« Reply #363 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 15:41:32 »

although it was from one of the Tans clan! Smiley

You should know better by now.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 15:44:12 »

You should know better by now.

I should - but he was very convincing!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 15:44:36 »

Ollie, give him my love next time you see him!

Will do mate - not seen many of the London Reds for ages to be honest!

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 15:55:55 »

It seems a bit wierd that the attendance was EXACTLY the same as Saturday away at Port Vale,

No I mean that I'd be surprised if there were 5800. Now you've pointed out the PV away attendance it seems likely 3887 was an Adver printing cock up.

But I wouldn't be surprised if it was around 5K, possibly sub-5K
Panda Paws

« Reply #367 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 15:59:36 »

It happens.... midweek fixtures have seen crowds down for some years now, whereas once upon a time they would be higher for midweek matches.

All sorts of reasons why....

It doesn't happen.

Give me one example where the number of home fans has dropped 2000 or 35% from one game to the next, and without extenuating circumstances (free tickets etc).
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 16:01:10 »

No I mean that I'd be surprised if there were 5800. Now you've pointed out the PV away attendance it seems likely 3887 was an Adver printing cock up.

But I wouldn't be surprised if it was around 5K, possibly sub-5K

Having had a brief trawl it appears very difficult to find attendance figures, I notice that even the Swindon statistic site has no figure for this game or in fact the Carlisle game....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 16:07:17 »

Having had a brief trawl it appears very difficult to find attendance figures, I notice that even the Swindon statistic site has no figure for this game or in fact the Carlisle game....

And as Panda says anyway, if it is a "tickets sold" rather than "bums on seats" figure even the announced attendance is somewhat deceptive.

But yes, they didn't announce the last two. Have they got a "radio silence" low figure or something?! They announced 5824 v Cambridge, that's the official home league low point thus far.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 16:12:19 »

It doesn't happen.

Give me one example where the number of home fans has dropped 2000 or 35% from one game to the next, and without extenuating circumstances (free tickets etc).

2005-06 was very up and down. Not sure on the free tickets though
http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Results.asp?Season=2005-2006

Yeovil (aug 27) 6973
Southend (10 Sep) 4785

Bournemouth (21 Jan) 6092
Wallsall (31 Jan) 4597

Gills (14 Feb) 5530
Rotheram (18 Feb) 7518

etc..
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 16:15:56 »

It doesn't happen.

I mentioned the Notts game of 3800, the previous hame game of 7000+ was v Bristol City, so extenuating for you, but the one before that was 7000 + v Bury.

Nowadays it's hard to get folk out on a dirty or cold night, when the football on offer isn't that great.... unless it is a big name club.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 16:17:48 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Peter Venkman

« Reply #372 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 16:20:15 »

And as Panda says anyway, if it is a "tickets sold" rather than "bums on seats" figure even the announced attendance is somewhat deceptive.

But yes, they didn't announce the last two. Have they got a "radio silence" low figure or something?! They announced 5824 v Cambridge, that's the official home league low point thus far.
Yes for club reasons its always been the same, they announce tickets bought not attendees.

Thats why I suggested 5,800 which seems to be the lowest crowd we seem to get in the league as it seemed fairly similar to the Cambridge crowd, obviously though Stevenage couldnt have brought more than 80 at most so that can affect figures.

Why there is a silence about attendances this season I don't know, there would appear to be no advantage in doing this.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 16:27:45 »

Yes for club reasons its always been the same, they announce tickets bought not attendees.

Thats why I suggested 5,800 which seems to be the lowest crowd we seem to get in the league as it seemed fairly similar to the Cambridge crowd, obviously though Stevenage couldnt have brought more than 80 at most so that can affect figures.

Why there is a silence about attendances this season I don't know, there would appear to be no advantage in doing this.

Fans know that the crowds are down, you can just tell from the amount of empty seats around or the space in the concourses at HT... if in the DRS or Arkells.

Be interesting to see what Sunday's is like. It doesn't help changing the KO times and days etc... personally I'd have gone on Saturday, but may well not bother with a 2:00 on Sunday.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #374 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 16:31:55 »

I understand Woking should sell around 1,000 tickets according to their forum, they sold out their first allocation and have asked for more as well as POTD, they will bring a lot more than Stevenage (or as a comparion York did last FA cup game).

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: