Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Xbox/Monitor Help  (Read 959 times)
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« on: Friday, December 26, 2008, 21:02:33 »

Hi everyone i need a bit of help if at all possible.I've got Hewlet packard 2207hdmi pc monitor.I was thinking of buying an Xbox but i seem to have a problem,All i can see on the monitor is usb connections not the one's you get on normal monitor's like those coloured holes where you can can connect a ps2 to the monitor.

So my question is do the XBOX use or can it use a usb to go to the monitor,or is this monitor just not made for gaming console's.

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, December 26, 2008, 21:12:56 »

Ermm it could be that it's not made for gaming. Although it's more likely that you need to get the Xbox HDMI cable lead. You can get them but not sure how much?.
Rustle

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, December 26, 2008, 21:28:37 »

Ermm it could be that it's not made for gaming. Although it's more likely that you need to get the Xbox HDMI cable lead. You can get them but not sure how much?.

Yeah im thinking it's not made for it aswell,I just thought i would ask here first, just incase anyone else has come across this in the past.

Thanks for replying Iffy's Onion Bhaji.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, December 26, 2008, 21:42:52 »

I'm not too clued up on the whole technology thing but I do know a bit about Gaming and Consoles etc. My guess is that you probably need the Xbox HDMI cable or failing that a PS3.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, December 27, 2008, 02:02:07 »

Hi everyone i need a bit of help if at all possible.I've got Hewlet packard 2207hdmi pc monitor.I was thinking of buying an Xbox but i seem to have a problem,All i can see on the monitor is usb connections not the one's you get on normal monitor's like those coloured holes where you can can connect a ps2 to the monitor.

So my question is do the XBOX use or can it use a usb to go to the monitor,or is this monitor just not made for gaming console's.

A lot of monitors have a USB hub on them to provide extra USB ports for your computer, this is what the USB ports on your monitor are. You'll need to connect the monitor to your computer by USB but this is solely for the USB ports on the monitor to work - connect a USB device to the monitor and your computer will see it.

You can't send video over a USB port to a monitor, I'd guess that USB just isn't fast enough but no matter what the reason you just can't do it.

Your monitor has VGA and XDMI inputs (I checked the specs), you can connect an Xbox via either of these. Connect a PC via one of them and your Xbox by the other and you should be able to switch between them.
Rustle

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, December 27, 2008, 10:35:15 »

A lot of monitors have a USB hub on them to provide extra USB ports for your computer, this is what the USB ports on your monitor are. You'll need to connect the monitor to your computer by USB but this is solely for the USB ports on the monitor to work - connect a USB device to the monitor and your computer will see it.

You can't send video over a USB port to a monitor, I'd guess that USB just isn't fast enough but no matter what the reason you just can't do it.

Your monitor has VGA and XDMI inputs (I checked the specs), you can connect an Xbox via either of these. Connect a PC via one of them and your Xbox by the other and you should be able to switch between them.

Thank's jonny72 much appreciated  Smiley

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, December 27, 2008, 10:59:27 »

If you do have the HDMI version there will be a HDMI socket on the back of the monitor (I checked the manual for you and it's on the right hand underside next to where the stand slots in).

It's a flat trapezoid type connection, looks a bit similar to a usb socket. You will have to buy a new xbox specific adapter/cable though.
Rustle

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, December 27, 2008, 11:20:41 »

If you do have the HDMI version there will be a HDMI socket on the back of the monitor (I checked the manual for you and it's on the right hand underside next to where the stand slots in).

It's a flat trapezoid type connection, looks a bit similar to a usb socket. You will have to buy a new xbox specific adapter/cable though.

Ahh i was confusing that with a usb excellent,thanks to everyone you,ve all been great,I knew the TEF would know  Grin

Thanks Si Pie
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, December 27, 2008, 13:02:12 »

We're all a bit geekey here Russ.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: