Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Swindon Town set to trim their squad  (Read 28237 times)
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 16:19:19 »

Haha Risser must be an awesome bloke, I bet he wont even start a league match next season, i've heard he isnt a bad coach maybe one for the youth team?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 16:30:28 »

Smithy going to York it seems
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 16:38:24 »

Got to say that Connell is nowhere near the same level of Simon Cox/Austin/Painter

If Cox/Austin/Paynter is the bench mark we use for our strikers - then we need to pretty much get rid of all of them....
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 16:47:51 »

So you think you are right and PDC is wrong!!  We are all entitled to our opinions but the way some of our fans set out to crucify certain players is totally wrong.  If they are pulling a red shirt on we should get behind them - whatever!!
I'm not really sure what your point is, as you say we're all entitled to an opinion and mine is that Risser isn't good enough.  It doesn't mean I'm going to boo and jeer him when he does play however.

Some of our fans also need to take off the rose tinted glasses and realise that PDC isn't always right, as proved by the number of players who he's brought in and subsequently shipped out.
Coca Fola

« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 17:01:59 »

Connell played 32 games last season, not 23. So by your logic he would have score more like 15-18 goals not 25.
Which isnt guranteed because generally, he was less dangerous when starting matches.
How many of those 32 appearances were substitute appearances or starts where he was hauled off within half an hour? By no means an amazing striker but a capable back up. I would have kept him, he was our top scorer last season after all.
Coca Fola

« Reply #155 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 17:04:34 »

If Cox/Austin/Paynter is the bench mark we use for our strikers - then we need to pretty much get rid of all of them....
I don't think Paynter can be put in the same category..
Flashheart

« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 17:08:00 »

I'm glad Connell is gone, if only because it will the the incessant bitching and whining about him not playing.

Mind you, no doubt the fans will find another reason to decide they are better than Paolo at his job.
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 17:09:23 »

How many of those 32 appearances were substitute appearances or starts where he was hauled off within half an hour? By no means an amazing striker but a capable back up. I would have kept him, he was our top scorer last season after all.

Again, true. I ignored those facts.. Was just trying too display my point that if he played double the games he wouldnt be guranteed double the goals. I think i'll wait until our squad is fully formed before I definitively decide wether Connell was worth getting rid of or not, like I said if it provides funds to keep key players or bring more in then i'll be happy. If at the start of the season we are desperate for goals and our strikers arent firing then i'll be pissed, just the fickle nature of football.
Barry Scott

« Reply #158 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 17:19:19 »

Mind you, no doubt the fans will find another reason to decide they are better than Paolo at his job.

Looks, let's get this straight. As fans we see players for 90-180 minutes per week, or less. We play football manager, read all the gossip and news, participate in "debates" on forums and we read twitter.

Paolo on the other hand, spent years in the professional game - meaning years of being trained, he finished 1st at Coverciano, in both his qualifications, and he sees all of our players almost everyday in training and gets to see their attitude, their potential, their improvement and their ability. Of course fans know more... Jesus... Roll Eyes
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 17:31:08 »

I don't think Risser is an awful player, he started the season very poorly but got a lot better as it went on, had an absolute blinder away to Southend. I do feel however that he's more out of his depth at League One than a player like Connell who could have still been useful as an impact player, but again i'm not against the decision to get rid.

I'm not even so sure that Risser is safe which people seem to be suggesting. The four transfer listed players I assume are the ones the club were unable to agree mutual termination packages for, they could still be working on Risser's
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 17:50:53 »

Can't see why we'd pay Risser off, he's versatile and gives his all when necessary and by all accounts is a really good bloke to have around the place. Every squad needs a few players like him.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 18:10:25 »

I like Risser...i think he will be a better player with that little extra time at a higher level.

Connell must be gutted....i hope he gets a good move.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #162 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 18:44:36 »

No problems with those being transfer listed. I felt Smith could have developed more but we need to move on. I like Risser - nowhere near the bad player some people think but he is and has got an eye for a goal.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 19:35:06 »

I think risser may only be staying as hes the only one left out of the first load of players Pdc signed last season like a kind of reminder not to go down that road again.

Magera,Esejas,Gabilondo,Smith,Kerrouche,Lanzano,Atiku,Connell all gone

Edit: Fair enough Cibo and Devera and Devita are all here but probably will only be considered back ups
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 19:38:54 »

Gutted for Connell.

Thank you for the flick header against Wigan.

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: