Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Southampton Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42461 times)
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 21:59:50 »

Southampton absolutely outclassed us for 80 minutes. They looked very impressive and were up for it. We, however, were absolute dogshit for most of the game. Phil Smith fucks up yet again. Kennedy and Caddis were chasing shadows. Comazzi doesn't actually exist. Flint again was our defence. the midfield were completey overrun and the forwards had no service. Kerrouche is a complete fuckwit and should have walked on the stroke of half time - great free kick mind but was absolutely out of his depth. What is it with Connell and subbing him off. Esaias was shocking - trying for personal glory. And what the fuck was the last sub about - McCormack for Ferry. We're 2-0 down at home. When we had a corner we kept 3 back against their one. One of these was J Smith - get in the fucking box lad and get stuck in.
Althuogh Soton are a good Championship club i felt pretty dejected after this game as apart rfrom 10 minutes there was fuck all fight or belief in our team.  

right, so we were alsolute dogshit by being outplayed by an "up for it" side 2 divisions higher than us?  What the fuck do you expect exactly?

I saw plenty of fight, effort and belief in our team (evidently a bit too much of the fight judging by events afterwards) I think you just need to accept that Southampton are a much better team than we are currently. I thought they were very impressive.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 22:00:21 »

I thought J Smith had a solid game

My view was he put 100% effort but was a complete headless chicken with a 10 second delay to spot a pass.  A sending off waiting to happen.

Oh and Arriba, on that display your point about our midfield from earlier is very true Smiley But Southampton were several levels above us. It was a training game for them.

I think Bristol City are in for a long season comparing the two sides.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 22:01:34 »

... I personally think Clarke thinks he's better than he actually is.

Watching a video of tonight game will make him realise otherwise.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 22:03:10 »

PDC gave everything to give Clarke a contract, worked his bollocks off and this is how he repays him? FACT - He would not have a club if it were not for PDC, any chance of signing this Cody lad before tomorrow night as Clarke will not play again unless PDC leaves.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 22:04:03 »

The rumour mill has started about PDC being on his way..... does my head in! 

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #290 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 22:04:08 »

right, so we were alsolute dogshit by being outplayed by an "up for it" side 2 divisions higher than us?  What the fuck do you expect exactly?

I saw plenty of fight, effort and belief in our team (evidently a bit too much of the fight judging by events afterwards) I think you just need to accept that Southampton are a much better team than we are currently. I thought they were very impressive.
The only fight I saw was after we scored - before that heads were down. Southampton were a very good side but I felt we made it easy for them.
iffy

« Reply #291 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 22:04:16 »

I think Bristol City are in for a long season comparing the two sides.

Every cloud has a silver lining
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 22:04:23 »

right, so we were alsolute dogshit by being outplayed by an "up for it" side 2 divisions higher than us?  What the fuck do you expect exactly?

The second half was OK. We were outplayed but had a go in fits and starts.

If the first half was like the second half I think that most people would have held there hands up and said fair enough. But we made it too easy. They basically took the piss out of us and we couldn't get near them. Is that really the difference between division 4 and division 2. If it is then its a depressingly massive gap.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #293 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 22:05:55 »

A committed second half display and almost caused an upset. Shame about the first half. Phil Smith needs to be dropped as soon as possible, bizarre subbing Connell but Karrouche was indeed on fire by the end
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #294 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 22:06:33 »

PDC is a liability. There is rumour and counter rumour of him falling out with players and not giving them a day off since since they have come back from pre-season. I know he is his own man but from all the various managers he has played under you would expect him to take things from each. It appears man management is not his strong point. You can not rule as a dictator, as the players won't respond. The early season enthusiasm has gone for me and now PDC has to turn around fast or risk alienating his players and fans. I'm now dreading Saturday as we could be taught a lesson by a team on form at the top of the league.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #295 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 22:07:53 »

I think i saw a different second half to most.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 22:08:23 »

The second half was OK. We were outplayed but had a go in fits and starts.

If the first half was like the second half I think that most people would have held there hands up and said fair enough. But we made it too easy. They basically took the piss out of us and we couldn't get near them. Is that really the difference between division 4 and division 2. If it is then its a depressingly massive gap.

In the first half the gap between the back four and the midfield was far too big, and southampton exploited that. In the second half we closed that gap, and began to play better.

To say their was a lack of fight in the first half strikes me as being the first accusation of a football fan who can't take it their team was outplayed by a better side. We were flying into tackles more than recklessly, no problems about passion.

Not a dig at you btw

Things get better but they never get good
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 22:09:48 »

We were flying into tackles more than recklessly, no problems about passion.

Yeah, the texts after the game bemoaning a lack of passion were awful. We were lacking in talent, not passion. Smith and Kerrouche could have been sent off about five times between them.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 22:16:02 »

Reminded me of the punch up that Macari & Foley had one night at Fratton Park.

The only difference was that there was no TV footage of that.

They kissed and made up, and I'm sure these two will too.

Have to say that watching the footage on SSN it did look like Di Canio was trying to get Clarke down the tunnel & that Clarke reacted badly (presumably because emotions were running a bit high).

In hindsight it would have been better for them to leave Clarke alone until they got back to the changing rooms.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 22:16:21 »

The only fight I saw was after we scored - before that heads were down. Southampton were a very good side but I felt we made it easy for them.

our players didnt stop chasing, they just struggled to get the ball off Southampton at times. I'm not sure what else they were supposed to do because everytime they pushed right up southampton were too clever and found space behind our midfield
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: