Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who Are You Dissapointed At Seeing We Released?  (Read 7282 times)
santini

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, May 14, 2007, 22:50:00 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
which means he was our best player for a few weeks- and we got up without him

he's done well but like i've already said before, it smacks of paul smith last year and stefani miglioranzi before him.

we can't afford passengers

it's a shame it hasn't worked out but the sensible thing is to get shot- young blood please.
Talking of young blood, it's all Weston's fault really. If he'd followed instructions at Macclesfield away and not caused Evans to damage his foot then Sturrock wouldn't have lost his patience/rag with him (Weston) and he  would have played more instead of Evans, even though he (Evans) wasn't injured ...  Cool
red macca

« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2007, 08:20:20 »

I think its time for evans to go really.Sturrock has players lined up and cm is obviously one of them.

He takes to long to recover from injurys imo.With wage caps and limited budgets we cant afford to keep players in the hope that they stay fit
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, May 17, 2007, 13:46:40 »

I'm sad to see Wells go.

He's a local lad and when i saw him play, he always impressed me. I think he just lacked that bit of fight in him to make it.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, May 17, 2007, 14:00:15 »

Quote from: "red macca"
I think its time for evans to go really.Sturrock has players lined up and cm is obviously one of them.

He takes to long to recover from injurys imo.With wage caps and limited budgets we cant afford to keep players in the hope that they stay fit

It's last chance saloon for him - remember this is the bloke's first long-term injury of his career so it's not as if there's a track record there. he came with that reputation (wrongly) becaus ehe hadn't played for so long...bgut that was because he'd fallen out with Megson, not due to injury.

Thing is, he's not only a useful player - he plays exactly Sturrock's way - sprays the ball about, gets stuck in - and he's always there or there abouts on the edge of the box to knock in a 20 yarder - and Sturrock wants to make the most of set-pieces - well nobody in the squad takes a better free kick or corner than him. Add to that the attitude he brings to the side and experience and it's not a bad package.

But if we get Adams in i doubt we'll see him even if he does prove his fitness - whcih is a shame
Piemonte

« Reply #79 on: Thursday, May 17, 2007, 15:06:13 »

Meeeeh to all of the players released.

Evans should be given the chance to prove his fitness. If he's not right by the start of the season then get rid, although it pains me to say it as I thought he was our best player when fit this season.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: