Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Duncan Edwards  (Read 1396 times)
leefer

Ignore
« on: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 20:10:40 »

Was in Wolverhampton last week and got talking to a Wolves fan who live in Dudley,apparently he was from Dudley and they are honouring him at long last....naming a bypass in his memory,was a bit shocked at first but Cloughie has one and we got Fleming way so i suppose its not to bad a thing,from the few things ive seen and heard about him it is well deserved.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 20:15:59 »

I've read that Duncan Edwards' grave in Dudley is a Mecca for alot of football fans, obviously mostly of the Manc kind.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 20:26:23 »

alot have said he would have been the best english player ever.captain of man u at 21 and england international.could well believe it
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 27, 2008, 00:07:54 »

I believe that there is a statue of Duncan Edwards in Dudley town centre.A lot of his peers reckon
that he would have been a star in the 62 World Cup and would have been in the side in 66, had he
lived.Bobby Charlton said, that he would certainly have become an England captain.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Rich Pullen

« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 27, 2008, 00:14:54 »

Bobby Charlton's book on his Manchester United career is outstanding (and I look forward to the England follow up) and his description of Duncan Edwards is somewhat god-like... Simply because Charlton idolised him.

It's all 'what ifs' but yes, by all accounts Edwards was a class act.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 27, 2008, 00:23:01 »

As fans our views on players can often be clouded by our emotions.Fellow players

can often give a more objective view and when they say he really was "great" it does

somehow give it greater credence.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Rich Pullen

« Reply #6 on: Monday, October 27, 2008, 00:28:41 »

Edwards died aged 21 with 18 caps and well over 100 appearances. It goes without saying that he probably would have been a massive success in the 1960's.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, October 27, 2008, 09:31:22 »

apparently he was from Dudley and they are honouring him at long last....naming a bypass in his memory,

Shouldn't they be naming a crossfield pass instead ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, October 27, 2008, 09:37:23 »

As long as they don't rename any airports after him.........

It's All Good..............
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: