Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: luke mccormick  (Read 122033 times)
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 10:05:17 »

The Sun are a fucking joke.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #691 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 10:10:23 »

I just wish they'd stop hounding the victims for quotes.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #692 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 10:11:36 »

I don't know what I find more annoying.

The Sun's countless adjectives for McCormick, or the mother's quotes:

Having a wedding so soon is like having a release party. It really rubs it in our faces. I want to see some remorse from him.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #693 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 10:24:16 »

I just wish they'd stop hounding the victims for quotes.

It's fueling the fire isn't it? The family has no chance of moving on with the constant reminder. I imagine 90% of the readers couldn't give a fuck by now, which I know sounds harsh but is a probable reality.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #694 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 10:30:27 »

If they kept coming to me to ask me how I felt, I would've told them to fuck off with the constant reminders of what happened.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Flashheart

« Reply #695 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 10:37:40 »

Wonder if we'll get any honeymoon pics.....

DEATH KILLER CHILD MURDERER HAS FUN ON THE BEACH.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #696 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 10:56:55 »

You only have to look at the majority of people who buy this rag to understand why they run stories like this, it appeals to the lowest form of society.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #697 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 11:04:40 »

You only have to look at the majority of people who buy this rag to understand why they run stories like this, it appeals to the lowest form of society.

The majority of people who buy it are hard working people who to be frank want a bit of light entertainement away from the complex world of say The Guardian or Telegraph.

Just because you are poor or not highly educated dosn't mean that you believe all you read in papers like this.
Fact is The Sun will say things that to be fair many of all the community are thinking.....but it is said in a working class language rather than the tra la la of papers held in a higher esteem by some.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #698 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 11:06:43 »

It wouldn't surprise me if she never actually said anything.
Flashheart

« Reply #699 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 11:07:51 »

Fact is The Sun will say things that to be fair many of all the community are thinking.....

More the other way around leefer. Papers like the Sun often tell a large percentage of the population what to think.

Hence the saying...... I think, therefore I am not a Daily Mail/Sun reader.

Ignore
« Reply #700 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 11:14:41 »

I read the sun and i am a fucking genius
Flashheart

« Reply #701 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 11:17:52 »

Think I've said it before here, but fuck it.

The day it all fell in to place for me was just after Diana died. There were two old biddies on the bus and one said to the other "Oh, we can't have a monarchy now. Not now Diana's dead". They were basically just reciting whatever was said in the papers that day.

From that day on I could see clearly that a large section of the populous are mindless sheep being guided by whichever red-tops they happen to read. Fortunately for me it happened at quite a young age, for many more the epiphany never happens.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #702 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 11:24:58 »

More the other way around leefer. Papers like the Sun often tell a large percentage of the population what to think.

Hence the saying...... I think, therefore I am not a Daily Mail/Sun reader.

No....many touchy subjects are confronted by the Sun.......they make monumental fuck ups at times that is true.....they print shite at times true again.........but that is true of ALL papers.

Anyone who thinks they are a more informed person because they do not read the Sun is deluded.......if you honestly believe that a newspaper tells a big proportion of the population how to think then you are wrong.

Truth is most people who buy the Sun are pretty capable of thinking and believing what they want....not what they read.

As i said most who buy it are decent hard working people who are a lot more savvy than the average Toff will give them credit for.......after all it wasn't Sun readers who brought the country crashing down,i would say that was Financial Times readers and the such reading and believing the utter tripe being drip fed to them....in the broader sheets.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #703 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 11:27:57 »

I 'read' the sun newspaper in the week and some of the stories they publish are just tedious. The McMormick one is one of them. Just leave it.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Flashheart

« Reply #704 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 11:31:32 »

if you honestly believe that a newspaper tells a big proportion of the population how to think then you are wrong.

That's EXACTLY what they do leefer. EXACTLY

Not all Sun readers are mindless of course, some can decide for themselves how to process what they are being told. But for many, however, the world is according to whichever spin is put on stories to sell the most newspapers at the time.

Why do you think we have the Leveson inquiry? It's because something needs to be done about an unethical press that has a scary amount of power over the population. The major parties try to win friends from the press because they know just how manipulative the press can be. Who gets to run the country is greatly affected by whatever the papers have to say because a huge proportion of the world's populace seem unabl;e to act without being told what to do.
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 11:34:21 by Flashheart » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: