Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: luke mccormick  (Read 122031 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 11:28:42 »

How's the interview going?

The guy (Derek Ballantyne?) who was first at the scene put a very emotive point across, poor chap started crying, cant imagine what that must have been like really. Only a short pre recorded snippet from JW then a woman from some reform group.

Its fair too say that millions of people hearing the chap cry wont have won us any new fans.

Still going on now, some lady from swindon on the phone now, arsehole Parry to follow apparently
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 11:30:43 »

Minor shareholder on now venting his anger towards the board
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 11:30:44 »

I'm listening.

It's frustrating to listen people dwelling on the idea of 'signing' this man.

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 11:34:07 »

Ex swindon lad Gilbert o sullivan on now. Coincidence?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 11:35:55 »

This whole topic is interesting to see and hear people's views on this subject.

What was the chap who got done for rape? When he gets released will there be as much controversy? No he didn't kill anyone but he knew what he was doing.

It's a difficult decision to make, and who-ever makes that decision to sign him/give him a job will have big balls to do it.

Let me put this to you. He is well known player. If he trains as say a tradesman and he turns up at your door would you turn him away as you knew what he did?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
tin town

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 11:36:24 »

I like it

I can remember when you could leave your back door unlocked
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 11:36:54 »

This is so depressing.  We said earlier in the week that this would be divisive, and so it is proving.  Well intentioned, but also completely avoidable.  Feels as if we've been mugged.

Having seen what is happening, I hope the penny has now dropped with McCormick and that he leaves promptly - before any further damage is done.  If he does, this could blow over in a few weeks.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 11:37:27 »

Ex swindon lad Gilbert o sullivan on now. Coincidence?

Who is he? Came across as a right cock.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 11:38:20 »

I imagine McCormick's participation at Swindon will end like it did when it began, very quietly.

Remarkable to think that this wasn't 'discovered' for five months.
Flashheart

« Reply #534 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 11:39:06 »

Feels as if we've been mugged.

I can't help but feel as though another party (the FA perhaps?) have lumbered this on us and are hiding from the flack themselves.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 11:41:21 »

If it was any company beyond Swindon Town and those who represent Luke McCormick then I would suggest that it would probably be the PFA.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 11:44:33 »

If it was any company beyond Swindon Town and those who represent Luke McCormick then I would suggest that it would be the PFA.

I was under the impression Lukes agent asked around a few clubs, with the PFA saying they will support him when he is released?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 11:47:51 »

I was under the impression Lukes agent asked around a few clubs, with the PFA saying they will support him when he is released?

So was I. I was just entertaining Flashheart's opinion because it's a valid point.

I personally doubt The F.A. had much input but I would not be surprised if the union were being kept up to date.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 11:52:39 »

Very valid point indeed.

With it being a Friday a statement from somewhere could be possible
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 11:59:37 »

Who asked us to take on McCormick anyway?

Was it the FA? I have a hunch it was, as something was mentioned about LM speaking with the FA about coaching. If the FA did approach us about this, I think they should do the right thing and stick their head above the parapet also.
No, JW explained this on Radio Swindon this morning (it'll be on iPlayer later apparently, well worth a listen). He's in a prison nearby (think it's Leyhill Open prison in Gloucs but can't remember where I read that) so we are one of the closest pro clubs so it was the Probation Service who approached us as part of the standard preparation for release stuff. I'd imagine they also approached other nearby clubs (Nam, Villa, maybe?) as well but got told to do one by them. But I'm just speculating on that. But it wasn't the FA anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: