Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: luke mccormick  (Read 122065 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 08:12:34 »

Whats mike parrys twitter?

Want to have some fun.
He'll love that. He's a shock jock and people like you are all just grist to his mill. If you really want to upset him, ignore him
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 08:14:07 »

He'll love that. He's a shock jock and people like you are all just grist to his mill. If you really want to upset him, ignore him

He's basically a fat noel edmonds isn't he?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 08:20:03 »

Jezza reads the TE Forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Clap
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 08:21:26 »

Now he is threatning to quit
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 08:25:21 »

Who?  Jeremy Wray, Like McCormick, Mike Parry or Noel Edmonds?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 08:25:32 »

Now he is threatning to quit

Whilst I strongly do not share his views, the last thing I'd want is for him to quit.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 08:26:22 »

Whilst I strongly do not share his views, the last thing I'd want is for him to quit.

100% Agree, i think he is getting pissed off with it all
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 08:38:36 »

I've listened to Wray's interview, yesterday I stated I thought he just wanted the player regardless of the shitstorm. Today after hearing his second interview and clarification I think he is sincere in what he says regarding rehabilitation. So I guess I owe an albeit indirect apology there (I'm sure he's following this thread). Still don't agree with his opinion mind.

Fair play, Batch.  You have taken a steady line since the news broke, and, whilst I disagree with you, that is the nature of a controversial issue.  Very few people on these pages are ready actually to listen to what's going on and publicly change their view.

The real problem is that we have all been dealing with second/third and fourth hand information and gossip, especially from tabloid style media people who will always do everything they can to make trouble, especially for people who have been convicted of serious crime (except when its their media practices, of course, then its everybody else's fault.)  We just get the headlines to go on.

The fact is there are processes involved in releasing someone from prison, and it does include informing victims.  It really is not the business of anyone other than the authorities to get involved formally in that process, quite simply because it is so controversial.  As shown, the family of the two boys, absolutely understandably, resent McCormick's release...full stop.  Nothing will change that.  They opposed him getting a job in a charity shop, so they were bound also to object to him training with a football club.

The club were approached.  It was not their idea.  All prisoners on day release are found opportunities to see how they adapt to life 'outside'.  The club, with a strong sense of community and social responsibility (a feature of STFC  which I strongly support and admire) felt they should respond positively, but clearly consulted within the club as they should have done.  the controversial part, really, and about which it seems they had considerable discussion, has been to imply that he might get a contract at the end of the process.  That is clearly still not decided.  If the view is that he should, after everything else is taken into account, I personally would support that decision; but I fully understand and accept that others see it differently, and judge the club's reputation differently.  Sometimes (not always) having the courage of one's convictions (pun not intended), against public opinion actually stands to gain street-cred, even if that is in the longer-term.

As for the lad's family, I just hope that those with responsibility for victim support are working hard with them, privately, to help them and support them through this horrible time, because it is they who have the responsibility to do so - its not good enough just to leave it all to blood-letting in the media, and for STFC - who only responded to an official request - to take all the sh1t.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 08:48:46 »

They actually read half of my email out, glad i didnt have a rant now.

Is there a Jeremy Wray appreciation thread running?
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 08:56:39 »

Is there a Jeremy Wray appreciation thread running?
There should be one
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 08:59:42 »

What is being said? unfortunately at work with no access to a radio
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 09:01:31 »

What is being said? unfortunately at work with no access to a radio

Jeremy Wray "On a point of principle, if i dont have the majority support on this i will back down from the club completly and step aside on a point of principle"
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 09:02:54 »

Lose Wray, lose Di Canio.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 09:06:28 »

Exactly, a ready-made excuse for a PDC exit
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 09:11:04 »

Jeremy Wray "On a point of principle, if i dont have the majority support on this i will back down from the club completly and step aside on a point of principle"

You have to respect his principles, but I would hope he doesn't make a rash decision. The club looks to be making real strides forward under his stewardship and were he to continue for a while he could help to build something really special.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: