Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: luke mccormick  (Read 122063 times)
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 07:56:28 »

If i was advising the lad, i'd tell him to make a low key return in the bluesquare/north/south - in a kind of creeping back into football way, and work his way up within a few years. Less stick from fans to begin with and by within a few years  he's with a high profile club, the dust would have settled a bit (regarding his return to football).
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 08:00:00 by BenTheRed » Logged
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 07:56:57 »

But what is wrong with having strength in depth? He may push Wes that little bit more, and keep him on his toes. That can't be a bad thing surely?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 08:00:10 »

But what is wrong with having strength in depth? He may push Wes that little bit more, and keep him on his toes. That can't be a bad thing surely?
Because there are a hundred other keepers they could sign who do not have McCormick's baggage.

Personally, if I was in McCormick's position I would be after my agent to get me a move to Thailand or some other obscure place and get the hell away from the UK altogether.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 08:03:46 »

Best suggestion I've seen/heard so far was a mate of mine who said well, OK, if he wants to resume his career, he's done his time and all that and that's how he earns his living, but it's too high-profile, too soon to go straight back into the pro game in the UK because it's right in the family's face. So why doesn't he go abroad, decent second-tier side in Spain maybe or in the US? He could still play a decent standard, rebuild his career plus do something outside the game to demonstrate some commitment to rehabilitation/payback. Then come back over here if he still wants to in 3-4 years, demonstrably a changed person. That would also allow something much closer to the 7 years of the sentence to have passed, would perhaps have given the family some extra space. Out of sight, out of mind and all that

That struck me as a very sensible and sensitive solution to what's clearly a difficult conundrum FWIW.
DMR

« Reply #334 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 08:16:54 »

So?....his actions resulted in deaths and you cannot compare with yours.....if you swish a knife at someone and nick his arm you will get a prison sentence....if you swish a knife and it cuts there throat and they bleed to death you will get a much longer prison sentence....that is law and fact not luck.

We all deserve a second chance in life i have been given a few....not sure i would have got them for drink driving and killing people though.

Fuck me sideways I agree with Leefer
DMR

« Reply #335 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 08:19:44 »

I don't buy this - the guy has been banged up for ages, you'd have to assume with no training or match practice for that length of time, you will never be as good as you once were. Especially with the physical and mental stress he must be under 24/7.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 08:35:07 »

Best suggestion I've seen/heard so far was a mate of mine who said well, OK, if he wants to resume his career, he's done his time and all that and that's how he earns his living, but it's too high-profile, too soon to go straight back into the pro game in the UK because it's right in the family's face. So why doesn't he go abroad, decent second-tier side in Spain maybe or in the US? He could still play a decent standard, rebuild his career plus do something outside the game to demonstrate some commitment to rehabilitation/payback. Then come back over here if he still wants to in 3-4 years, demonstrably a changed person. That would also allow something much closer to the 7 years of the sentence to have passed, would perhaps have given the family some extra space. Out of sight, out of mind and all that

That struck me as a very sensible and sensitive solution to what's clearly a difficult conundrum FWIW.

I agree with this. We've now heard from the family and they're not happy. Please don't rub it in their face and sign this guy JW. It's a fact he's due for early release, so let him go somewhere as far away from the family as possible (Tazmanian league perhaps?!).  Enough damage has been caused already.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 08:38:33 »

Good to see our colonial blood is going strong.

Off to Norfolk Island he goes.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 09:10:10 »

Have a look on yellows forum, apparently PDC is looking for the limeliht
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 09:14:02 »

Have a look on yellows forum, apparently PDC is looking for the limeliht
In contrast with most lower league managers, surely he already has it?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 09:23:24 »

I had a look on there yesterday, out of curiosity.  The reaction, to be fair, is very muted.  Perhaps understandably, given that they have a very similar situation with Adam Chapman.  Glass houses, stones etc.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 09:47:50 »

I agree with this. We've now heard from the family and they're not happy. Please don't rub it in their face and sign this guy JW. It's a fact he's due for early release, so let him go somewhere as far away from the family as possible (Tazmanian league perhaps?!).  Enough damage has been caused already.

Some people have been saying he should be doing charity work rather than playing football, except they weren't happy with him working in a charity shop either. No matter what he does I doubt they will ever be happy about it.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3651087/Shamed-soccer-star-Luke-McCormick-who-killed-2-boys-in-drink-drive-smash-in-charity-shop-on-day-release.html

So why doesn't he go abroad, decent second-tier side in Spain maybe or in the US? He could still play a decent standard, rebuild his career plus do something outside the game to demonstrate some commitment to rehabilitation/payback. Then come back over here if he still wants to in 3-4 years, demonstrably a changed person.

I believe he is being released on license which has conditions attached to it, including having to get permission to travel outside the UK and to maintain contact with their probation officer. So working abroad is unlikely to be an option.
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 09:55:43 by jonny72 » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 10:28:13 »

I still don't understand why we need another goalkeeper. Regardless of everything else, I'd rather we strengthened other positions.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 10:29:44 »

I dunno, I still think we need a keeper, perhaps not this fella though.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 10:34:46 »

The trial works both ways, you never know he might decide against a return to professional football.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: