Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New striker  (Read 8550 times)
STFC Bart

Ignore
« on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 19:14:17 »

We need one badly if we are to challenge for the top 3.

Peaock was bloody awful today- missed several chances and is nver in the box at the right times- just not a cntre forward. He talks a good game but that is about it

Roberts is no better either.

If we had a finisher we would be well clear at the top of this league already
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 19:16:27 »

and what are we going to use to bring one in?

fairy dust.

Whilst I agree with your point, we dont have the funds to bring one in...plus the likes of Brownlie, Jutkiewicz and Caton havent been given a fair chance....and in all honesty, its about time they were
farmer geoff

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 19:19:39 »

what game were you at bart, roberts was one of are better players today
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 19:24:05 »

A goal scorer is essential, that is obvious.

You are being unnecessarily pessimistic there (for a change) VD. I am sure the Board will allow the new manager to bring in a few loan signings.

In fact, I predict now that if Sturrock is appointed we will sign Marino Keith on loan from Colchester. He played under Strurrock at Plymouth and scored goals for fun at this level.  He has been out injured for a long time but is now fully fit again.

Mark my words Wink
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 19:30:40 »

can we expect Mickey Evans in as well.... :roll:

I doubt the new manager will have money to spend, even on loans.

I mean this new keeper, where did the money for him come from....the RAF but the club didnt shout that one out did they  :roll:
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 19:49:38 »

Quote from: "STFC Bart"
We need one badly if we are to challenge for the top 3.

Peaock was bloody awful today- missed several chances and is nver in the box at the right times- just not a cntre forward. He talks a good game but that is about it

Roberts is no better either.

If we had a finisher we would be well clear at the top of this league already

I knew you talked bollocks, but now I know you know fuck all about football.

Peacock played his heart out today, and I'm not just talking about effort, I 'm talking skill as well. His link play, especially in the first half was first rate.

Do you never stop and think why he isn't in the box? It's because he has to go wide, or the middle, to get THE FUCKING BALL!! If we had wingers who could win the ball themselves, then put in a decent cross, maybe Peacock could spend his time in the area. But we haven't. Brown is a lazy bastard, who plays in fits and starts and Shakes is quite simply the most useless crosser of a ball I've ever seen.

I've said before that we need a poacher who could get us 20 goals a season, but to slag off Peacock is taking the piss. He is the best leader of the line we've got.

Roberts? Lazy bastard, who's head goes down as soon as we're on the back foot.

Brownlie? If the ball is placed at his feet and he has time, he'll get shots on target. Apart from that? No skill, no pace, no clue.

Onion Bhaji? Get real. Clumsy, useless, waste of space who confuses himself as much as the opposition.

It's All Good..............
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 19:53:24 »

Yes, but ultimately we do need some one who can get the ball in the onion bag don't we?

If we did, we would be 10 points clear at the top by now - FACT!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 20:00:36 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Yes, but ultimately we do need some one who can get the ball in the onion bag don't we?

If we did, we would be 10 points clear at the top by now - FACT!

Agreed mate. As I stated above. Peacocker is not a 20 goal a season striker. His strength is holding the ball and laying it off. What he
needs is a small, nippy, greedy little bastard who doesn't do anything but score. Any ideas?

It's All Good..............
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 20:03:57 »

http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/images/gallery/2006/April/29/swindon02.JPG
STFC Village

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 20:05:19 »

I wouldn't call him small, but i agree
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 20:05:37 »

http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/images/gallery/2004/August/7/wrex09.JPG
Spud

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 22:17:41 »

Quote from: "farmer geoff"
what game were you at bart, roberts was one of are better players today

Agreed and yet he was the one taken off and not the useless peacock.  :?
sonic youth

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 22:34:10 »

neither of the strikers were to blame today as they were completely starved of service, unless somebody actually puts decent balls into the box or looks to play  through balls into the strikers feet, we'll never get anywhere.

unfortunately our wingers prefer to play more central than our strikers and we allow opposition defences to sit so high up that we can't create any space.

peacock works hard to win the ball and his hold-up and link-up play is excellent, better than parkin's in fact - sadly he lacks the little extra that sammy had which allowed him to score goals from thin air.

roberts can't finish, his main asset seems to have disappeared along with the  contents of his local off-licence and is sadly ineffective now.

fola is just shit.

brownlie must be given a chance.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 22:40:30 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
neither of the strikers were to blame today

The commentators today were Vic Morgan and Phil King and admittedly they do tend to get a bit over excited. Taking that into account, they made it sound like Peacock had about three guilt edged opportunities. One chance in particular sounded like it was harder to miss and would have put us 2-1 up. Did that not happen then?

Also, you say neither of the strikers were to blame but then you say that Roberts cannot finish. Are you not contradicting yourself there?
sonic youth

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 22:43:45 »

he had a free header which he should have scored but the offside flag was up. that was the only chance he had to my recollection.

as i've said, he was too deep trying to receive the ball to actually get in a position to miss the chances.

however, brown missed an absolute sitter, similar to fola's last week.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: