Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC v FC Cluj - Live Coverage  (Read 11901 times)
swindo

« on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 11:29:07 »

Live coverage of FC Cluj V Swindon direct from Romania on http://www.flashsportstreams.com/forum/

Coverage starts Sunday at 5PM UK time.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 11:29:46 »

Excellent. Cheers.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 11:34:51 »

If that works, i'll be over the moon etc etc after 2 1/2 months with no footy ta.
swindo

« Reply #3 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 11:35:52 »

I will personally make sure it works. Commentary might not be in English though.
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 11:36:08 »

Cheers Very much appreciated.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 11:41:20 »

I will personally make sure it works. Commentary might not be in English though.

How very dare you. We expect translation.

Smiley

Thanks for the link.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 11:48:24 »

SONN will be most devestated that he/she won't get the exclusive chance to watch the match.
Spencer_White

« Reply #7 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 13:19:49 »

Nice one, just cancelled my flight.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 13:25:32 »

nothing will beat actually being there for this crucial fixture.
both sides will be going all out for this one!
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 13:39:35 »

Nice one, just cancelled my flight.

What's up Spencer - waters broken ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 15:06:25 »

nothing will beat actually being there for this crucial fixture.
both sides will be going all out for this one!

That made me laugh.  Thumb
Summer of Noughtie Nine

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, July 11, 2009, 05:48:00 »

I loved this report from the 'This is...' site from July 2008 on the match in Austria...

STFC v. Fenerbahce - EYEWITNESS ACCOUNT   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have heard and seen the details of the game by now - here is a flavour of the atmosphere:-

On leaving the train station at Kufstein, you cross the river and are greeted by a massive sign saying īCafe Hell'!

However, the Turkish fans were very friendly and were gathered around the players entrance hours in advance of the scheduled kick-off time. We retired to a local bar in the more traditional English approach to the pre-match routine.

Fenerbahce had a merchandise stall set up outside the ground and I think it pretty much sold out. We had to queue to get into the ground for ages and fortunately the game was delayed by an hour because of the crowd congestion (one turnstyle - never moan about the CG again please!) - I don't think the locals knew what hit them. My guess at the attendance is 2,300.

The violent thunderstorm just before the start of the match added to the crackling atmosphere already provided by the Turkish fireworks and flares.

In one small corner the few, but visible and audbile, STFC fans entertained themselves by displaying a life-size Lee Peacock poster and Swindon Magic Roundabout banners and tee-shirts.

The Turks seemed to appreciate our contribution - clapping us. However they seemed very complacent - boy how that was going to change.

The game then took place including THAT goal by Cox - It was very sweet watching it in the flesh. Yes, it was very reminiscent of Eng v. Scot in Euro 1996. An STFC horn (as sold in the club shop) can be heard in the YouTube coverage at 1:12 - 1:17 celebrating the goal!

The locals suddenly started to take an interest and in broken English and German we communicated'where Swindon was geographically, what level we played at, our greatest achievements etc etc'.

A few STFC photos taken along by the fans were handed out as goodwill gestures as were STFC pencils etc and we passed around a couple of copies of the STFC programme taken on the tour for such an occasion.

We stumbled back to the rail station via a bar after a great night for STFC. As darkness fell, the mountain top fortresses were silhouetted against the fading light occassionally visible through the eerie mist - we joked that vampires probably lived up there.

But tonight had been STFC heaven not Cafe Hell.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, July 11, 2009, 10:37:42 »

Which you blatantly wrote *goes to check*

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, July 11, 2009, 21:31:16 »

Stay on topic please SoNN
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, July 11, 2009, 23:16:16 »

I loved this report from the 'This is...' site from July 2008 on the match in Austria...

STFC v. Fenerbahce - EYEWITNESS ACCOUNT   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have heard and seen the details of the game by now - here is a flavour of the atmosphere:-

On leaving the train station at Kufstein, you cross the river and are greeted by a massive sign saying īCafe Hell'!

However, the Turkish fans were very friendly and were gathered around the players entrance hours in advance of the scheduled kick-off time. We retired to a local bar in the more traditional English approach to the pre-match routine.

Fenerbahce had a merchandise stall set up outside the ground and I think it pretty much sold out. We had to queue to get into the ground for ages and fortunately the game was delayed by an hour because of the crowd congestion (one turnstyle - never moan about the CG again please!) - I don't think the locals knew what hit them. My guess at the attendance is 2,300.

The violent thunderstorm just before the start of the match added to the crackling atmosphere already provided by the Turkish fireworks and flares.

In one small corner the few, but visible and audbile, STFC fans entertained themselves by displaying a life-size Lee Peacock poster and Swindon Magic Roundabout banners and tee-shirts.

The Turks seemed to appreciate our contribution - clapping us. However they seemed very complacent - boy how that was going to change.

The game then took place including THAT goal by Cox - It was very sweet watching it in the flesh. Yes, it was very reminiscent of Eng v. Scot in Euro 1996. An STFC horn (as sold in the club shop) can be heard in the YouTube coverage at 1:12 - 1:17 celebrating the goal!

The locals suddenly started to take an interest and in broken English and German we communicated'where Swindon was geographically, what level we played at, our greatest achievements etc etc'.

A few STFC photos taken along by the fans were handed out as goodwill gestures as were STFC pencils etc and we passed around a couple of copies of the STFC programme taken on the tour for such an occasion.

We stumbled back to the rail station via a bar after a great night for STFC. As darkness fell, the mountain top fortresses were silhouetted against the fading light occassionally visible through the eerie mist - we joked that vampires probably lived up there.

But tonight had been STFC heaven not Cafe Hell.

What time's your flight SONN? Please take it  Crying
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: