Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise F.C v Swindon Town F.C Official Matchday Thread  (Read 41912 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 17:11:50 »

If even Karl Robinson didn't even think it was a red card , then it wasn't. End of discussion.

In fact there was more player reaction to the late tackle by Alli on McEveley, which got two Town players booked for dissent, than there was Franchise players complaining about Byrne's challenge.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 17:28:06 »

In the modern game it's deemed a reckless challenge...there doesn't have to be intent, and how far he's run etc has no bearing.

In the modern game where you see similar challenges happening regularly that don't get punished.  I didn't say anything about intent and how far he has run does have bearing if it means he has put in a tired attempt at a challenge in which meant that his missed the ball and stepped on his foot.

If that was a red in the modern game there would be red cards in every game.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 17:59:27 »

Byrne knew what he was doing. Frustrated at losing the ball and stamped on matey. Debateable red but an intentional foul for sure.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 18:01:28 »

Byrne knew what he was doing. Frustrated at losing the ball and stamped on matey. Debateable red but an intentional foul for sure.

How can you say "for sure" when a fair number of others feel there was no intent at all?

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 18:04:24 »

How can you say "for sure" when a fair number of others feel there was no intent at all?
because I'm sure
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 18:05:33 »

Utter rubbish, the MK defender cleared it very fast. No way was it intentional, It was a yellow nothing more in the real world.

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 18:09:16 »

Ha. He got robbed of the ball and stamped in frustration. Happens all the time. Harsh red but he meant it alright
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 18:12:56 »

Ha. He got robbed of the ball and stamped in frustration. Happens all the time. Harsh red but he meant it alright

If he meant it, it's not harsh Wink
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 18:13:00 »

Hahaha there was no stamp, there was no movement towards the leg, there was no aggressive downward motion. It was simply an attempt to block the clearance.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Dozno9

« Reply #249 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 18:15:32 »

Horrible place to watch football, talk about got all the gear and no idea.

I thought we dominated the game prior to the red, Karl Robinson on 3 Counties Radio said that even without the red he thought MK looked likely to score, bollocks in my view.

All played well again and very impressed with N'Guessan (sp) he's a big unit with a fair bit of pace. Ajose didn't impress me at all when he came on.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 18:16:30 »

Arriba wears glasses, I'm going for glasses soon, we'll call it quits Smiley
Dozno9

« Reply #251 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 18:17:01 »

In fact there was more player reaction to the late tackle by Alli on McEveley, which got two Town players booked for dissent, than there was Franchise players complaining about Byrne's challenge.

Was that when Kasim got booked and pulled away from the ref? Kasim has a bit of a temper which I liked.

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 18:23:06 »

I must say how impressed overall I am with spurs feeder club fc. They are some cracking players. All of them. Early days but I'm being swayed somewhat
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 18:29:33 »

Just seen it. Never a red in a million years.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 18:34:35 »

Was that when Kasim got booked and pulled away from the ref? Kasim has a bit of a temper which I liked.

Yes, the ref played advantage despite the Franchise player being extremely late. When the play next stopped after Mason comitted a foul, and got booked, Kasim was remenstrating with the ref to take action against Alli, and got booked himself, and Alli got no punishment, yet was probably the worst challenge of the match, as it was so late.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: