Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Forum strangeness  (Read 2284 times)
SEPTiMUS

« on: Sunday, May 22, 2005, 13:48:36 »

Over the next 30 minutes or so the forums may start acting a little odd. This is normal as I'm sorting out the new scheme to match in with the rest of the site. At the moment it may look a bit 'transitional' with images from the old scheme and new scheme mixed, this is again a cache problem and will pass in a few days hopefully.

Thanks for your patience Smiley
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, May 22, 2005, 14:01:28 »

and it works! Beers
SEPTiMUS

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, May 22, 2005, 14:01:55 »

That should be everything sorted, if you're having problems try CTRL+F5 in your browser to refresh. If there're still problems it'll be cache. If you see anything that looks wildly out of place, let me know and I'll get right on it. Cheers Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, May 22, 2005, 18:02:06 »

Can I just point out that the conservation of strangeness is not in fact an independent conservation law, but can be viewed as a combination of the conservation of charge, isospin, and baryon number.

It is often expressed in terms of hypercharge Y, defined by:Y =S+B =2(Q-1) where S =Strangeness B =Baryon Number Q=Charge and I=Isospin.

Isospin and either hypercharge or strangeness are the quantum numbers often used to draw particle diagrams for the hadrons.

Charming.
Sussex

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, May 22, 2005, 18:50:48 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Can I just point out that the conservation of strangeness is not in fact an independent conservation law, but can be viewed as a combination of the conservation of charge, isospin, and baryon number.

It is often expressed in terms of hypercharge Y, defined by:Y =S+B =2(Q-1) where S =Strangeness B =Baryon Number Q=Charge and I=Isospin.

Isospin and either hypercharge or strangeness are the quantum numbers often used to draw particle diagrams for the hadrons.

Charming.

Reg, you took the words right out of my mouth  Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: