Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luton Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 37210 times)
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 07:13:35 »

Where's the highlights? YouTube?

Ask Julie
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 08:45:38 »

League Cup show on BBC tonight, 11.05pm also.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 09:02:10 »

Draw is made after the live Cov v Cardiff game btw.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 09:17:30 »

Feedback from a Luton fan -

Amazed fellow Luton fans are arguing Swindon pen shouldn't have been given. Looked the definition of stone wall to me, Drury stupidly dangled his leg and immediately knew he had made a mistake. Not one player appealed against it. After the match Still commented on Drury's mistake rather than the referee's.

Ours on the other hand was never a handball although the way he stretched out for it looked clumsy and gave the officials the opportunity to make a call.

The Rooney one in the last minute looked a pen and a booking was very harsh indeed. But frankly it would have been a travesty if we had not lost, they were miles better on the night. The formation experiment didn't really work and we must have only had about 25% possession.

Atmosphere was like a pre season friendly too, awful. Roll on Saturday and a game with a proper atmosphere.

Also, apparently Storey had a great game for Pompey last night. Hopefully he proves himself there and comes back to us a better player.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 09:45:48 »

Good start to the season for us so far.

What was the atmosphere like on Saturday and then with the away fans last night?
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #155 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 10:14:19 »

Thought the atmosphere was alright on Saturday. Certainly had worse last season.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
kerry red

« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 10:35:15 »

Pity the Pikeys are away on a weekday evening
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 10:41:54 »

Apparently the potential opponents in the 2nd round are...

Aston Villa, Bolton Wanderers, Bournemouth, Brighton & Hove Albion, Burnley, Cardiff City/Sheffield Wednesday, Crystal Palace, Derby County, Fulham, Leeds United, Leicester City, Manchester United, Middlesbrough, Newcastle United, Nottingham Forest, Norwich City, Queens Park Rangers, Reading, Southampton, Stoke City, Sunderland, Swansea City, Watford, West Brom or West Ham

Panda Paws

« Reply #158 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 10:49:08 »

There aren't many bad draws in there. Avoid any northern outpost away (Bolton, Boro, Burnley, Sunderland) and I'll be happy.

West Ham, Reading or Watford away please.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #159 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 10:49:28 »

I bet its QPR again.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 10:50:07 »

Apparently the potential opponents in the 2nd round are...

Aston Villa, Bolton Wanderers, Bournemouth, Brighton & Hove Albion, Burnley, Cardiff City/Sheffield Wednesday, Crystal Palace, Derby County, Fulham, Leeds United, Leicester City, Manchester United, Middlesbrough, Newcastle United, Nottingham Forest, Norwich City, Queens Park Rangers, Reading, Southampton, Stoke City, Sunderland, Swansea City, Watford, West Brom or West Ham

I did wonder whether because quite a few Championship clubs went out last night we might just about get elevated into the top seed section, but seemingly not.  Home game v anybody out of that lot would be OK, some more OK than others.

Given that it seems compulsory we have to play v Charlie Austin.....QPR at home it is.
kerry red

« Reply #161 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 10:51:02 »

It's Reading I tells ya!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 11:09:59 »

Man U away would be my first choice, followed by a trip to Elland Road. Failing that, a trip Bolton, Burnley, or Stoke would do.

Not that I'm being selfish...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 11:10:09 »

It's Reading I tells ya!

Would be fun, it's been a while, in fact the 12 year gap is by far the longest, since we first saw their backs in 1892. The previous longest gap was the 7 years from 87-94, when we were in the ascendancy.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 11:10:42 »

Crawley
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: