Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nathan Thompson  (Read 2391 times)
Wooly

Ignore
« on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 21:41:43 »

Thoughts on young Thompson? after cheltenham cant say the right flank suits him, is he a natural right back? why wasnt caddis on the flank with him behind?
anyone else seen him play, what can we expect?

Used to sit in the Arkells before finally discovering the joys of the town end.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 21:44:21 »

No.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 21:48:25 »

No
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 21:49:16 »

Perhaps

Never knowingly overstated.
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 21:50:24 »

wasn't at the match because i had cricket but I was very surprised when i saw his name on the teamsheet. I was even more surprised that Caddis was the right back of the two!

Every time i've seen Thompson (reserves, pre-season, JPT against torquay) he's given a very good account of himself. A smooth operator who keeps it nice and simple i'd say is a good description.

What is more telling is the fact that he is keeping manks out of the squad which is a massive sign that manks will be one of the senior pro's going out on loan - along with Timlin and Bodin if i was a betting man

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 00:06:37 »

I think part of the problem yesterday was that the pitch was narrow and Cheltenham used that to their advantage in defence. We had very little joy out wide until the last ten minutes, when they went down to ten men and we were going for it. He didn't impress yesterday but I wouldn't write him off just yet!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 07:18:04 »

Di Canio has used him on the right wing each time he's played... Which I think was Chelts and Ciren, he had a pretty quiet time on Saturday and it  was no surprise to see him subbed first. Too early to judge him though.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #7 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 07:43:02 »

I think part of the problem yesterday was that the pitch was narrow and Cheltenham used that to their advantage in defence. We had very little joy out wide until the last ten minutes, when they went down to ten men and we were going for it. He didn't impress yesterday but I wouldn't write him off just yet!

I had this discussion with a guy at the kiosk. I checked Wikipedia and surprising Chelt's pitch is wider then ours.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #8 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 07:45:12 »

Di Canio has used him on the right wing each time he's played... Which I think was Chelts and Ciren, he had a pretty quiet time on Saturday and it  was no surprise to see him subbed first. Too early to judge him though.

I think that Thompson is in his 3rd Yr as a pro, so really this season is really his make or break season I would have thought. With that in mind unless he features more regularly between now and xmas I can see him being released at the end of the season.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 08:15:59 »

He's a right back.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 11:53:27 »

I had this discussion with a guy at the kiosk. I checked Wikipedia and surprising Chelt's pitch is wider then ours.
According the the tinterweb you're right... pitches pretty much the same size. If that's true then Cheltenham did a very good job of closing down the wings as there never seemed to be any space until late in the game
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: