Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coventry City vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 50521 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 07:53:11 »

A professional performance in the first half against one of the worst sides in the division on last night's performance.  Obviously they were well and truly geed up for the second half and we could just have come unstuck as we didn't really come out of the traps quick enough.  That said 3-0 didn't flatter us in the end.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #256 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 08:58:30 »

Can't fault the players at all, they did a professional job and got the 3 points with little trouble at all.

I would not swap a single player in our squad (including the absentees on international duty of course) for any other player in this whole division.

We have THE best squad of players outside of the top half of the Championship IMO and the best squad morale, Andy Williams is like a new signing and the rest of them are all playing for each other.

Long may it continue....1 point from safety Wink

Coventry looked poor but we made them look poor by out passing them and giving them little time on the ball. We just need to stop the niggly silly challenges (Nathan especially) that result in silly bookings.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 08:58:58 »

Louis Thompson @ £ 600k must be the bargain of the season - he will take some replacing - Championship player through and through. Great performance in dreadful conditions but we always seem to perform on the tele.

See you on Saturday Yes

Bathtime
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 09:28:00 »

Louis Thompson @ £ 600k must be the bargain of the season - he will take some replacing - Championship player through and through. Great performance in dreadful conditions but we always seem to perform on the tele.

What?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 09:43:23 »

What?

Grin a bit arbitrary admittedly but we do always seem to perform well on the TV - nothing to do with L.T. though.

Bathtime
Flashheart

« Reply #260 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 10:12:58 »

Grin a bit arbitrary admittedly but we do always seem to perform well on the TV

Nope. No we don't
kerry red

« Reply #261 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 10:17:23 »

That Doncaster game - uuuuùuggggghhhhh
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 10:28:31 »

First half we were unplayable last night and a 2-0 lead was the least we deserved.

Second half Cov should have scored just after the restart which could have changed the game but Obika scored with his first touch and that was that.

Very impressed with everyone last night. Louis was my MOM, closely followed by Turnbull and Gladwin.

Its all going rather well at the moment, looking forward to Saturday's game now, hopefully we can start to turn it on at home as much as we do away!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 12:02:25 »

We looked great going forward. Side in general looks very good all over the park.
Do look a bit sloppy at the back at times (wes's distribution in particular)and a better side would have punished the errors on another day.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #264 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 12:36:48 »

The main concern is the right back area. Fleetwood exploited it well and even Nouble was getting some joy down there. Other than that its looking excellent. The wobbles at the back are a small price to pay for the brand of football we are playing. Sometimes we'll come unstuck but we've always had a self destruct button at the back.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 12:42:37 »

The main concern is the right back area. Fleetwood exploited it well and even Nouble was getting some joy down there. Other than that its looking excellent. The wobbles at the back are a small price to pay for the brand of football we are playing. Sometimes we'll come unstuck but we've always had a self destruct button at the back.

The way we play, it's inevitable that we're going to be a bit vunerable at the back...but I'd rather live with that, than adopt the sort of safety first formula, that blights too much of the English game.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 12:46:01 »

Loved it...though the sparse crowd did little for the atmosphere, and the 500 town fans easily drowned out the small group of Coventry fans away to our right under the screen (and they had a drum!).

Don't know if Byrne got hurt in the 1st half, but he seemed to be very lethargic in the 2nd until the last ten minutes.  Maybe it was the heavy pitch.  I thought Gladwin was excellent, and some of cross-field passing, especially to Toffolo in the 1st half (who was given acres of space) was almost Hoddle-esque.  So glad to bee there, as my last two were Doncaster and Cheltenham.....
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 12:49:20 »

The amazing thing is looking for a weakness.
Every team is trying to look at how to combat our style and that is respect.
All clubs in our division will have weaknesses and agree it is looking excellent.
What I can't get to grips with is we have the best away record in the division, What !! Swindon Town good away from home, can't be as we have always been shit away from home.
It certainly is fun watching Swindon away from home and so many wins have been scoring more than 1 goal. What a fantastic job Cooper and Coaches have done.
We do over play it at the back still don't we.......my bloody nerves Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 12:51:22 »

I said that was Nouble's best performance for Town, meaning giving away the penalty. In fairness he did have a reasonable amount of running in him so I can see your point.

Its odd, we look dodgy at the back at times, yet we've got the joint third best goals conceded column in the league.

Maybe we'd get punished more against higher quality opposition. I think that is a bit unfair on the defenders though.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 12:52:18 »

Loved it...though the sparse crowd did little for the atmosphere, and the 500 town fans easily drowned out the small group of Coventry fans away to our right under the screen (and they had a drum!).

Don't know if Byrne got hurt in the 1st half, but he seemed to be very lethargic in the 2nd until the last ten minutes.  Maybe it was the heavy pitch.  I thought Gladwin was excellent, and some of cross-field passing, especially to Toffolo in the 1st half (who was given acres of space) was almost Hoddle-esque.  So glad to bee there, as my last two were Doncaster and Cheltenham.....

Spot on ref Byrne. Not sure what happened second half but certainly gave us much needed width on a ploughed field of a pitch. Loke West Hagbourne Smiley
Hope you are keeping well Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: