Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon town v yeovil official matchday thread  (Read 22413 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 15:54:26 »

2 people ignored me yesterday Paul D and Dave - gutted!
Not intentional, honest, didn't see you. Mind, I was in a world of my own yesterday, if it happens again, just attract my attention with a swift slap round the head
Spencer_White

« Reply #181 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 17:14:06 »

Really enjoyed the game yesterday. As someone said before, it was a shame Yeovil were pumping the ball in the air so much because on the ground we absolutely battered them.

Ward and Sheehan are exactly the sort of loan signings you want to see. Sheehan has played in 3 positions, and looked good in every one, shown great tenacity and commitment. First glimpses of Ward also very positive, he wasnt bothered about being played out of position and got stuck in, he won a couple of tackles he really shouldnt have, which the crowd loved. Most importantly when he got sight of goal he struck a fantastic shot. Revell and Hutchinson are not strikers, theyve got no instinct and hold up the play. Austin is scoring for fun because he hits the ball the second he gets a glimpse at goal.

To be fair to Yeovil they have a lot better team than they did last season. They played the ball about nicely in the first 20 minutes, but we were too strong. But weve done the double over them, the attendance at the CG was nearly double that at Hush Park and most important weve given them a football lesson. That feels good, too many years weve been shown up by the likes of Cheltenham and Yeovil.

I cant wait to see the full backs and wingers really start to work together. With Sheehan, Amankwaah, O'Brien and JPM weve got 4 players there who are putting in great work rate, and they can all attack. If those 4 start doubling up on defenses I think we can start ripping teams apart, and weve still got Macklin to come back, and Ward has shown he can mix it in that position. Weve got strikers who look determined to score goals. If we can keep things tight at the back we are looking very good indeed.

Also glad to be rid of McNamee. As I said, weve got 4 wide players who look hungry and work hard, and are really gelling with their team mates. With McNamee it was always the ' Macca show' if he didnt have the ball he wasnt interested and he didnt want full backs overlapping him, because there was no way he wanted to be the one tracking back.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 17:34:42 »

Me dave? Or DV Dave?

you Dave!!!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 18:20:18 »

First glimpses of Ward also very positive, he wasnt bothered about being played out of position and got stuck in, he won a couple of tackles he really shouldnt have, which the crowd loved. Most importantly when he got sight of goal he struck a fantastic shot.

Was he played out of position? From what I can tell he's a midfielder / striker. Couldn't figure out which foot he prefers from yesterday though, he seemed pretty good with both.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 19:20:57 »

you Dave!!!

Really? Terribly sorry

Things get better but they never get good
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #185 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 19:24:14 »

I'm fairly certain Ward is left footed but is adept with his right too.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 19:41:14 »

Ward looks a class act to me. Should have scored at Rovers and was very impressive yesterday.

Only 18 as well.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #187 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 19:44:46 »

Ward looks a class act to me. Should have scored at Rovers and was very impressive yesterday.

Only 18 as well.

Would be a good prospect to start at Fulham instead of Charlie(such a shame for Charlie)Any reason why he can't?
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 19:46:14 »

Who? Charlie?

I think he is cup-tied my friend.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #189 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 19:47:11 »

I think he means Ward
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #190 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 19:48:18 »

Wouldn't be suprised to see Paynter start up top on his own.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 19:52:50 »

I agree.

He leads the line very well now, but will need Ferry and Douglas regularly running beyond him if we are to do anything.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 20:00:41 »

4-5-1 would be my bet for Saturday. He'll stick 4 or 5 forward players on the bench so will be able to change round if we go behind.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #193 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 20:02:33 »

I think he means Ward

I did mean Ward, he's certainly got something about him. Billy seems to do his best work with a partner, so why not give the kid a go. The "Any reason why he can't" was really to do with Bolton not wanting him cup tied for any reason
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 20:10:40 »

I'm not too bothered which formation Wilson chooses against Fulham... We've done well lately with 4-4-2 and look to have finally found a fairly consistent line-up. Then again, that has largely been based on Billy and Charlie as the pairing up front, and our midfield worked well in the 4-5-1 formation earlier this year. As has been mentioned, the biggest thing would be to make sure Billy had support and wasn't left chasing everything on his own.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: