Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: we are where we should be  (Read 4551 times)

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, March 8, 2006, 10:58:25 »

the lack of investment in a decent squad has us where we should be in the league,the mistakes were made at the end of last season.
paying shit money will only bring in shit players.
o'hanlon,evans,cureton,p smith and peacock are the only players that are half decent.cc platt has potential as does holgate but
the others are frankly average at best.
migs is capable of great displays but when was the last one?
i dont blame iffy as he can only work with what he has,but some of the players are going through the motions and that aint good enough.
we will go down thats a certainty now,so we have to hope that the current board either back iffy or get sombody else in and invest in some ambitious hungry players that want to fight and battle for stfc.
forget the new ground as it aint gonna happen,the current one is fine for the football we will be playing for thre forseeable future.
too much time has been wasted on this new ground campaign while the team is falling apart.
i am optimistic that peacock and cureton could fire the goals to get us back up next year but what happens in the summer with new recruits and removal of dead wood is crucial.
oh and fair prices for supporters would be nice too for a change.
DMR

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2006, 10:59:42 »

Most sensible thing you've ever posted that  Cool
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2006, 11:00:58 »

Yep. Last season's mistakes are the latest in a long string of mistakes by the current board.

Perhaps the reason we're doing so badly is because half the squad are leaving in the summer owing to shit contract offers - and have decided they aren't going to put the effort it 'cos they ain't going to be there.

Just a thought.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2006, 11:01:31 »

O'Hanlon is not half decent, CCP is our best player by far I reckon. Dont remember him putting a foot wrong in a Town shirt.....

Id add Ifil in as half decent, but we've talked about that before.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2006, 11:02:01 »

Quote from: "Chris K"
Yep. Last season's mistakes are the latest in a long string of mistakes by the current board.

Perhaps the reason we're doing so badly is because half the squad are leaving in the summer owing to shit contract offers - and have decided they aren't going to put the effort it 'cos they ain't going to be there.

Just a thought.

the timing fits
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2006, 11:05:04 »

Quote from: "DV85"
Quote from: "Chris K"

Just a thought.

the timing fits

Yep. They were all offered just before the Rotherham game, which we lost. Now we're being spanked out of the league.

I'm trying to work out who's out of contract now ...

Jerel Ifil
Rhys Evans
Trevor Benjamin (loan)
Andy Nicholas (I think)
Micheal Poo(k) (I think)
Migz?
Shakes

Anyone remember? This does fit the bill.
DMR

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2006, 11:05:53 »

O'Hanlon and CCP are both up too...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2006, 11:06:17 »

Sadly ariba you are correct, though other successful squads have been put together on similar budgets the odds are stacked against you.

Personally I don't wholey blame the board. In the cold light of day SSW has invested a lot of money with no return. With the clubs future extremely uncertain he'd be mad to waste more money before assurances can be made. Assuming he has any left to waste.

The thing that grates is after a season of misery, 3 games ago we looked so much better and capable of staying up.  I am not sure the collapse can be totally attributed to injuries to CCP and Smith. Sure they would help, but there has to be something else even if it is as simple as certain players thinking they had done enough to stay up. Migs and Gurns - when the going got tough they hid in the corner.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2006, 11:07:43 »

Quote from: "Batch"
 I am not sure the collapse can be totally attributed to injuries to CCP and Smith. Sure they would help, but there has to be something else even if it is as simple as certain players thinking they had done enough to stay up. Migs and Gurns - when the going got tough they hid in the corner.

See above post. I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the contract situation.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2006, 11:09:54 »

Yeah, I wrote that and posted before I saw the contacts issue was raised.

IF that is the case then the plan to keep the nucleus of a challenging squad together has grossly backfired. Perhaps it is all Iffys/the boards fault after all!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2006, 11:12:57 »

Evans
Smith
O'Hanlon
CCP
Ifil
Nicholas
Shakes
Migz
Pook
Smith
Stroud
Jenkins
Roberts
Bulman
Lapham
Holgate

Are all out of contract as far as I am aware....

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2006, 11:15:31 »

well even if they want moves they dont look worthy of getting one in most cases.
who would take on most of that shit squad.
i couldn't give a shit if nearly all of them leave
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2006, 11:20:19 »

Of all the players out of contract in the summer I'd only keep CCP, Shakes, Jack Smith and maybe Ifil.
Evans, O'Hanlon & Nicholas are all gonna be too 'big time' to play in league 2 so might as well get rid of them if they don't want to be here. Migz can go as well, he's too much of a luxury player & won't be able to play pretty football next year.

On the bright side we'll still have Peacock, Cureton, Paul Smith, Gurney, Brown & a few others which could be the nucleus of a good side, and if we get the few mentioned above to sign then we could do well. Who knows???
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2006, 13:19:08 »

I reckon the board should stop wasting time on a stadium and investigate growing money trees  :-))(

Some of you live in a dream world. This is the way it is. Yes it's a bitch, but there's a limited number of things the board can do. The stadium is probably our last glimmer of hope and although it doesn't look good you can hardly say it's an idea worth giving up on.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2006, 13:26:13 »

dont believe it myself,even with our humble ground we should still be a better proposition than others with a superior league position to us.
the whole ground issue is scaremongering in my opinion
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: