Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Board must act quickly!!  (Read 1706 times)
stfctownenda

Ignore
« on: Monday, October 30, 2006, 12:15:33 »

Now many people may anticipate this as an over reaction but I feel I need to air my views. In my opinion Saturday was not good enough for a number of reasons and showed exactly why this set up will not work with Williams in charge.

To start with where was this fast flowing football he had talked about in the build up to the game? I thought we were anything but fast we were solid and put together some good moves.

Also whats the deal with bringing every single player back for a corner? its ludicrous. A real sign of having 2 centre halfs running a team, how many times did Smith come and claim and then wanted to kick long to get something going quick but not one of our players on the half way line. Surely players like Shakes and Weston who are weak in the air could stay up field.

Plus we miss a Captain Williams didnt seem to bring as much influence as he normally does as captain, although Peacock was probably the only choice on Saturday he is no way a captain he doesnt influence the whole team enough, hes not vocal enough so this is a big worry.

Adie's performance in general was a worry as his playing clearly suffered with him having one eye on managing and one eye on playing (i.e the mistake on the goal), plus Hunter seemed reluctant to make the subs without Adies authorisation thus leaving everything too late.

I think Adie Williams is a great captain and centre half but I dont think hes the right manager for us at the moment.

Its time for this board to stop cheating us as fans and going for the cheap options, we need someone proven ideally Paul Sturrock who will have the experience, tactical knowhow and motivational skills to take us out of this league.

P.S I also joined the trust on Saturday and look forward to assisting with any future developments with the consortium.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 30, 2006, 12:43:25 »

Wouldn't disagree with a word of that.

Absolutely spot on.
fatbury

« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 30, 2006, 12:54:55 »

top post .. totally agree :toppost:
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 30, 2006, 13:28:00 »

I can only give it 9.4 out of 10. There are a couple of punctuation errors.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 30, 2006, 13:34:50 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
I can only give it 9.4 out of 10. There are a couple of punctuation errors.

Harsh, harsh.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 30, 2006, 13:39:24 »

i agree. Adi can't play and manage and saturday was an example of that. he is a vital player for us at the back and with him and Jerel at their best we have a good back line. but Adi won't be at his best if he's got a few things on his plate. it will effect his playing and id rather that not be the case
Spencer_White

« Reply #6 on: Monday, October 30, 2006, 13:39:46 »

Id agree with all of that stfctownenda. Except the 1st sentence, saturdays game didnt really matter, its just not an acceptable set up. We need Williams as our captain and best defender. We need someone else as manager.

I dont think saturday was all that bad, but I can only see things getting worse.

And get rid of Hunter for fucks sake.
Milmo

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, October 30, 2006, 13:40:31 »

Every good business has built in succession planning at every level of the business.

I would have no problem in us bringing in an experienced manager, and making Williams a coach with a view to him having the job when it arises.

After all if someone comes in and we are succesful, then that person may leave us.  

If we aren't successful, then we'll have a managers position to fill again.
Piemonte

« Reply #8 on: Monday, October 30, 2006, 13:40:58 »

I give it nil as it covers all the same points that I made in a thread earlier

http://www.thetownend.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15551
santini

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, October 30, 2006, 13:41:55 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/crawley_town/6099088.stm
Looks like Hollins is getting ready to take over.
Spencer_White

« Reply #10 on: Monday, October 30, 2006, 13:49:03 »

Quote from: "santini"

Bit of a dinosaur. Any info actually linking him to STFC?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, October 30, 2006, 13:52:39 »

doubt it. but you never know. its a bit strange him leaving there really. considering they started on minus 10 points he hasn't done a bad job so far this season. wouldn't like him in charge though. don't know too much about him but at least he has managed in the football league
Sussex

« Reply #12 on: Monday, October 30, 2006, 14:01:24 »

Didn't we get Phil Smith from Crawley? Oooooh...
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, October 30, 2006, 14:06:32 »

Quote from: "Rich"

doubt it. but you never know. its a bit strange him leaving there really. considering they started on minus 10 points he hasn't done a bad job so far this season. wouldn't like him in charge though. don't know too much about him but at least he has managed in the football league

He was a cracking player ! Want him as much as Big Ron as manager.

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, October 30, 2006, 14:17:18 »

Quote from: "Nomoreheroes"
Quote from: "Rich"

He was a cracking player ! Want him as much as Big Ron as manager.

NMH

Hollins played with Don Rogers in the England U18 that won the Youth World Cup in Spain in 63...so maybe this is the link.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: