Poll
Question: Who was the individual Wise just couldn't get on with?  (Voting closed: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 08:27:38)
Diamandis - 34 (47.9%)
James Wills - 12 (16.9%)
Sandy Gray - 4 (5.6%)
Linda Burrell - 0 (0%)
Dick Mackay - 0 (0%)
Gus Poyet - 2 (2.8%)
Grumpy old git in ticket office - 16 (22.5%)
Christian Roberts - 3 (4.2%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who couldn't Wise get on with?  (Read 4522 times)
santini

Ignore
« on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 08:27:38 »

Wise said " ... A small factor in my departure was that i found it difficult to work with an unnamed individual connected with town. I will say no more than that."

Who was it that Wise couldn't get on with in the club?
red macca

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 08:31:31 »

just speculation but im going for one of the wills .everytime wise spoke of diamindis he had good things to say about him.im not saying md is whiter than white i just think its a bit unfair to blame him for EVERYTHING.i think they are all as wrong as eachother
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 08:43:15 »

Sorry macca, but look at the words used "indvidual connected with the club" ie not an employee, not a director, but someone linked to the club but with no official position. And I've never yet met anyone who doesn't get on with Sir Seton or James Wills - they're both lovely people (whatever they think of me). Clearly the only person he can be talking about is Cliff Puffett! (That's a joke by the way)
red macca

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 09:07:20 »

it just seems like thats a massive turn around after saying he gets on with the lovely bloke called mike.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 09:14:05 »

to be fair macca, when you meet Mike on a personal level for the first time (and I have to say I've only ever seen him twice and he was very nice) he's actually quite a bubbly sort of chap.  It seems to be he working style that causes the issues.
red macca

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 09:15:26 »

ah right i see.i have never met any of them so you can imagine all the stuff i see and hear can get a bit confusing.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 09:16:47 »

Quote from: "red macca"
it just seems like thats a massive turn around after saying he gets on with the lovely bloke called mike.

As i have stated in other threads Macca, on the 26 September Dennis pledged his future to the club.

Something has happened or come to light in the period since then.

Dennis's "get on ok with Mike D" statement was at the start of his tenure.

Its like the old saying, you never really know someone until you live with them.

erm........................so to speak
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 09:21:47 »

ooooh  the hard ones first eh.....let me think about this.  Got to be Brian in the ticket office.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 09:50:58 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Quote from: "red macca"

As i have stated in other threads Macca, on the 26 September Dennis pledged his future to the club.

Something has happened or come to light in the period since then.

Perhaps someone can clarify this point to me.

In the interviews before 26th Sept Wise gave Ed Hadwin the "seriously, don't ask me about that.." response when asked about the Leeds job. FFwd to 26th, Wise never said he was staying, Bob Holt did. Then Holt was fired (OK resigned).

One interpretation is that Bob spoke the truth and that is what Wise said in confidence.

But could it be though that Wise did not committ to STFC in the absolute way that Bob said, and that this was the reason he had to leave? In short did Wise want out much earlier than the 26th?
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 09:59:45 »

Where's the Bob Holt option on the poll? He's got to be the prime suspect surely?
fatbury

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 10:07:33 »

I love the option for Grumpy old git in the ticket office .. ive heard he's not that bad really .. honest! Smiley
TheKingCY

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 10:07:59 »

Quote from: "santini"
Wise said " ... A small factor in my departure was that i found it difficult to work with an unnamed individual connected with town. I will say no more than that."

Who was it that Wise couldn't get on with in the club?

Willie Carson??

eality is just an illusion caused by lack of alcohol...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 10:24:09 »

It has to be Diamond Mike :?
mr ian

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 10:28:13 »

The former County Ground boss’s Wiltshire exit received a mixed reaction with some fans angry that he jumped ship so soon, while others said boardroom issues meant it was inevitable he would go.

Wise did not want to be drawn on whether internet postings labelling him Judas and the like really hurt him, although clearly they have.

its amazing how far a silly post can go
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 11:07:13 »

Quote from: "Cookie"
Where's the Bob Holt option on the poll? He's got to be the prime suspect surely?

Not really, as Holt's been out of the picture for a month.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: