Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Plymouth Argyle Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 41863 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 12:07:53 »

Because Rose is fucking shit?

Our main attacking threat and best player last night.

Probably the one instance where he didnt do the right thing.

'what do you think of ooh ahh Pericard now then?'
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 12:29:35 »

Please someone explain to me how O'Brien is a footballer? He made no impact whatsoever, was puffing after 20 minutes and only used his pace to get back after giving the ball away in the first place. We might as well have Usain fucking Bolt on the left wing. Seems he's more up for his Saturday nights out than trying to break into the side.

Couldn't agree more. I'm not normally one to slag players off, but he's got to be one of the worst I have ever seen in a Town shirt, and that includes Jason Drysdale! He's like the lad in your Sunday team who isn't very good, but turns up every week to sit on the bench so you feel obliged to give him a run out, stick him out on the wing and hope he doesn't give the ball away too much. Has looked totally clueless every time I've seen him play. Would rather have seen one of the youth lads given a game last night.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 12:34:11 »

i think his training should involve a morning sprint training followed by a clockwork orange style brainwash whereby he just watches that 3rd southampton goal over and over for 3 or 4 hours.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 12:47:40 »

It's SY's fault for turning up.

I didn't bother going in the end.

Your point being ?

That I'd gladly take a bet that one of 'em will score another goal before the end of the season.  Smiley
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #439 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 13:06:46 »

Our main attacking threat and best player last night.

Probably the one instance where he didnt do the right thing.

'what do you think of ooh ahh Pericard now then?'

I still think Pericard is a quality player. He got bullied and bashed last night and still did a good job. We all know he isn't going to score much, but that isn't why he is in the team.

Good free kick aside, Rose is fucking gash. His defending is suspect, his positioning is terrible... he got fucking megged last night FFS!! All this and he holds on to the ball too long every time, admittedly he looked better before AOB came on... these two clearly have no understanding between them whatsoever.

Maybe he'd be better suited to playing left midfield?
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 13:10:03 »

I still think Pericard is a quality player. He got bullied and bashed last night and still did a good job. We all know he isn't going to score much, but that isn't why he is in the team.

Good free kick aside, Rose is fucking gash. His defending is suspect, his positioning is terrible... he got fucking megged last night FFS!! All this and he holds on to the ball too long every time, admittedly he looked better before AOB came on... these two clearly have no understanding between them whatsoever.

Rose did alot better defensively last night, looked more solid.  He also used the ball better and delivered dangerous set pieces.  The very few errors he made like being megged are the only ones you choose to mention.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 13:13:48 »

The ref gave him fuck all to boot...

Clems Army!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #442 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 13:24:04 »

Rose got megged once and caught in possession at least twice. It's a good job he's quite quick because he needs his pace to get himself out of a hole.

You can't carry a player in a team just because he delivers dangerous set pieces, he also needs to be able to do his job.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 13:43:02 »

Caught in possesion a whole two times. Shoot him now...
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 13:56:44 »

Couldn't agree more. I'm not normally one to slag players off, but he's got to be one of the worst I have ever seen in a Town shirt, and that includes Jason Drysdale! He's like the lad in your Sunday team who isn't very good, but turns up every week to sit on the bench so you feel obliged to give him a run out, stick him out on the wing and hope he doesn't give the ball away too much. Has looked totally clueless every time I've seen him play. Would rather have seen one of the youth lads given a game last night.

It just totally confuses me how lost he looks. He's been a left winger all his career, it's not like it's a new position for him to learn.

When you've got pace like he has you look to run beyond the full back, not pick the ball up deep and lay it off to a team-mate straight away.

No footballing brain whatsoever.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 14:05:00 »

I thought AOB just looked terrified of making a mistake and so, in the way of these things, much more prone to doing so. As people were on his back before he'd even got on the pitch, such apprehension was perhaps understandable. Don't understand how people think telling a player who's having a bad game he's shit will improve him
REDBUCK

« Reply #446 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 14:17:35 »

You can't carry a player in a team just because he delivers dangerous set pieces, he also needs to be able to do his job.
[/quote]

What a load of nonsence you spout - Maybe vince could play like the CF he is meant to be.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 14:17:39 »

I'd pick Kennedy ahead of Rose at the moment when fit, so maybe putting Rose in for O'Brien could work. He hasn't ever impressed me.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 14:35:07 »

I wouldn't mind seeing Rose ahead of Kennedy on Saturday in a 442.

Douglas and Ferry in the middle and either Caddis or JPM wide right.

I'd start AOB in the piss poor paint pot and basically tell him its make or break time for him.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 15:28:05 »

I wouldn't mind seeing Rose ahead of Kennedy on Saturday in a 442.

I reckon all of our left backs could do a job on the left of midfield, but Wilson hasn't tried it yet (bar maybe towards the end of the game as a last resort) and I doubt he will. I'm probably on my own, but I reckon LJF could potentially do a good job there. Don't think any of them would be worse than O'Brien.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: