Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon vs Woking Official Matchday Thread  (Read 20107 times)
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Sunday, November 8, 2009, 03:15:45 »

amankwaah, jp, cuthbert, the stand out players. timlin was pretty shite

i saw fred elliott walking the drs concourse at half time. he had a coffee or something similar, lord of gay
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Sunday, November 8, 2009, 03:16:58 »

ps. their number 11 was hilariously bad
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #182 on: Sunday, November 8, 2009, 08:55:28 »

Job done,can't really remember any shot they had of not.Tbf it was a shit game but can't be easy against that sort of team and it was a shit atmosphere.

Must say Macca and Timlin were shit,you can forgive macca as at leat he has shown a bit lately but timlin has been fucking woeful.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Sunday, November 8, 2009, 09:52:42 »

That lino flagging to disallow Billy's goal was almost as funny as Woking's no 11 Sam-Yorke.

Phil King said after the match that the flag had been raised for offside (as you guessed Nemo) with Tope being on the goal line....but as any Town fan could have confirmed, even if not at the match, Tope was most unlikely to be interfering with play  (even if he does interfere marginally more often than Hutch).
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Sunday, November 8, 2009, 10:00:07 »

danny wilson said the lino thought there was an infringement on the keeper, to which the ref said nah i had a perfect view- it's a goal

ferry showed some nice touches but doing the running and work for two seems a bit unfair on the lad. i hope timlin gives him his wages as fuck knows he didn't earn them yesterday.

annyoingly we played quick long ball to two isolated strikers and then seemed surprised when the second balls dropped to the woking midfield.

when tope did get in down the channels (in the first half, before being replaced by someone even less effective) he had BP in the middle to aim at or our midfield just inside their half

very poor show but as has been pointed out, we're through to the next round!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Sunday, November 8, 2009, 10:56:36 »

Does anyone have a record of our progress over the last 20 years or so?  Until the late 1990s I know we used to get a bye until the 3rd round and, I think, the furthest we have been during my time as a fan has been the 5th round.  Which round was our televised tie vs Aston Villa in the early 1990s?  (I remember catching the coach from Oxford just to buy the tickets for that one...they were like gold dust.)

Up until about 5 or 6 years ago, when the BBC were making a big thing of their coverage of the cup, they had some decent all time stats on the cup and in terms of % of games played to wins ratio. STFC used to come in 9 on this list.  Basically it meant historically we were good for winning 2 or 3 games, before going out.

Apart from the odd blip, right up til the mid 90's, we would get the occasional decent result or performance....since then though our record has been quite disgraceful, and daresay we'd no longer feature in that top ten.
Ben_wfc

« Reply #186 on: Sunday, November 8, 2009, 11:28:57 »

I think your all being a tad harsh on us considering you are league 1 and we are conf south. Our players worked very hard, but as the case has been through the whole of this season so far we cant score, and in yesterdays case get a shot on target. As far as your goal was concerned I felt one of your players was interfering with play whilst in an offside position. After talking to our keeper after the game he said he was blocked from seeing the ball properly http://www.wokingfc.co.uk/gallery/images/woking_2009_10/swindon_1_-_woking_0/swi34.jpg

Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Sunday, November 8, 2009, 11:48:59 »

never, you can see in the picture he's crouching down so the keeper can see it! Smiley

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Sunday, November 8, 2009, 11:52:59 »

I thought it all panned out as expected to be honest. Woking fans made me laugh booing the ref at the end like they'd been hard done by  Doh
Spencer_White

« Reply #189 on: Sunday, November 8, 2009, 13:11:24 »

I'll give Woking some respect. Great support. They also played some neat triangles in the 1st half and kept the ball very well. They worked hard, and kept themselves in the game right to the end. But it ends there.

The number 11 was the worst player Ive ever seen at the County Ground for a competitive match. He dribbled the ball out of play with his first touches, there wasnt even a Town player that near him! The number 10 was also woeful. The 2 free kicks were an absolute joke, especially the one that bounced off the Town End roof. Mouthy Nicolau was an average player for Woking and even got subbed, just another player with no consistancy and no humility. The linesman is a total twat, they had two defenders on the line, and it was a corner so the ball travelled backwards anyway. Shocking.

For us I thought Paynter, Ferry, McGovern, Cuthbert and Smith had good games. They approached it in exactly the right way and worked hard. Greer didnt have a bad game, but seemed strangely off the pace (has he got a flu or something). Timlin's confidence looks shot to pieces and he lacked composure throughout the match. But the biggest dissapointment for me was Amankwaah and McNamee. Amankwaah wasnt bad, but he didnt show any endeavour, despite being up against the poorest player on the pitch. He needs to put this Harris thing behind him and get his confidence back. At his best he is a match winner, its not often you say that about a right back. McNamee didnt seem interested at all. I think Mark Marshall would have done better. Probably saving himself for the visit of Norwich on tuesday which is totally unnacceptable. If O'brien is fit then I hope he comes into the team, because some of our players are picking and choosing their games.

Half our team played well and it was only just enough. Same old problem, the team seems unprepared for playing with a 1-0 lead.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Sunday, November 8, 2009, 13:35:26 »

I'll give Woking some respect too. 

Worse performances have earned 0-0's.  Worner in goal looked sound as did the defence as a whole including their Hutchinson.  Arter, and Thomas when he came on, showed some enthusiasm and bite and Anane on the right showed good skills early on.

Although Smith in goal had to show good alertness on a few occasions he didn't really have a save to make.  Woking were very unthreatening up front however and are one of the few teams not to have scored against us in the last 10 minutes all season.

The Woking Fans were a disgrace too.  Really proud about the way our fans observed the full 90 minutes silence for Remembrance day.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Sunday, November 8, 2009, 13:48:23 »

Cuthbert is our best player now isn't he?

And incidentally, the squawking noise has been a feature of Town games both home and away for several seasons now.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Sunday, November 8, 2009, 13:52:23 »

The Woking Fans were a disgrace too.  Really proud about the way our fans observed the full 90 minutes silence for Remembrance day.

Cheesy .

I've never been so fucking bored at football before.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Sunday, November 8, 2009, 14:12:30 »

Cuthbert is our best player now isn't he?

And incidentally, the squawking noise has been a feature of Town games both home and away for several seasons now.

It's normally in the TE though, probably the first time a few have heard it.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Sunday, November 8, 2009, 14:55:35 »

I didn't think Amankwaah was that bad?? Nor Greer either, they weren't at their best but as said before, we didn't need to be close to our best really as Woking were poor.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: