Pages: 1 ... 802 803 804 [805] 806 807 808 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1245335 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12060 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 09:19:02 »

Thankfully was busy over the Easter weekend so didn't see either game. (3 points obviously always welcome) I mean it's pretty obvious there are many things wrong at the club from on the pitch up to the boardroom. I did see a couple of interesting tweets from Sam Morshead and Andrew Hawes basically stating 'it doesn't have to be this way' which I think suggests there may be alternative options to being run the way we are. Whether Sam is talking about interested parties, I don't know. But I think given where we are currently, things have to change or next season could be very squeaky bum time.

There was also a guy called AshSTFC that opened some Twitter chat thing last night that I noticed Andrew Hawes was on. I haven't had the time to look today and I've no idea what was discussed but I think he's pretty anti-Clem so may (or may not) have had some news. Do I sense tide turning, perhaps a little bit?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #12061 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 09:35:53 »

Thankfully was busy over the Easter weekend so didn't see either game. (3 points obviously always welcome) I mean it's pretty obvious there are many things wrong at the club from on the pitch up to the boardroom. I did see a couple of interesting tweets from Sam Morshead and Andrew Hawes basically stating 'it doesn't have to be this way' which I think suggests there may be alternative options to being run the way we are. Whether Sam is talking about interested parties, I don't know. But I think given where we are currently, things have to change or next season could be very squeaky bum time.

There was also a guy called AshSTFC that opened some Twitter chat thing last night that I noticed Andrew Hawes was on. I haven't had the time to look today and I've no idea what was discussed but I think he's pretty anti-Clem so may (or may not) have had some news. Do I sense tide turning, perhaps a little bit?

Morshead indicated there is at least one interested party. Hawes said he's not personally aware of any. Haven't had chance to watch Ash's Twitter space yet.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12062 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 09:49:33 »

I heard some of it, I didn't hear any sign of legitimate hope.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #12063 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 09:58:04 »

Morshead indicated there is at least one interested party. Hawes said he's not personally aware of any. Haven't had chance to watch Ash's Twitter space yet.

We need to be careful not to misread Morsheads tweet in our desperation for hope.

He posted this

28 points from 32 games since October 1.
13 from 13 under the interim manager.
Bottom of the form table.
Piss on the floor, mold on the windows.

There are alternatives, on and off the field.
#stfc

But the alternatives off the field may not be a takeover, he may just be indicating that the club can be run better, off the back of his chat with Watkins recently.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 10:10:15 by Riddick » Logged
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #12064 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 10:12:52 »

Listened to the space this morning and there was nothing groundbreaking sadly. The listener numbers were quite high (>600).

I was in the cinema for the duration of the game and post-match. Catching up with social media later on, it was definitely the most 'tide has turned' I'd seen, even Clem's mate in Oz was peeved.

Praying and praying that Morsheads off the pitch alternative tweet was indication of parties waiting in the wings because this is beyond excruciating now.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #12065 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 10:14:57 »

We need to be careful not to misread Morsheads tweet in our desperation for hope.

He posted this

28 points from 32 games since October 1.
13 from 13 under the interim manager.
Bottom of the form table.
Piss on the floor, mold on the windows.

There are alternatives, on and off the field.
#stfc

But the alternatives off the field may not be a takeover, he may just be indicating that the club can be run better, off the back of his chat with Watkins recently.

Yep, this is absolutely worth mentioning for keeping feet on the ground. See also Dan Kemp's 'pointing at the ground' celebration which seemed to get a few people excitable for a bit. I just thought it worth mentioning, even if it's probably nothing at all of any significance.

Also, isn't it spelled mould?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #12066 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 10:17:08 »

Listened to the space this morning and there was nothing groundbreaking sadly. The listener numbers were quite high (>600).

I was in the cinema for the duration of the game and post-match. Catching up with social media later on, it was definitely the most 'tide has turned' I'd seen, even Clem's mate in Oz was peeved.

Praying and praying that Morsheads off the pitch alternative tweet was indication of parties waiting in the wings because this is beyond excruciating now.

Didn't that fella also say we'd be hearing from Clem at some stage last week?

ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #12067 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 10:22:38 »

Didn't that fella also say we'd be hearing from Clem at some stage last week?
Aye he did.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #12068 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 10:52:27 »

His lord and saviour has ghosted him. Probably quiet over easter, just like Jesus.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #12069 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 11:11:38 »

Look there are so many things wrong at the club at the moment, but for me at the moment its the apathy from the club that's really startling.

Zero attempt to promote season tickets, almost like they are embarrassed to ask (maybe this is too generous), or that they already know they will likely only get the 3-3.5k next season.

The idea of giving Gav the interim position, and for it to have gone so badly, but that they have done nothing is quite mind boggling. Speak to any of the players and they will tell you just how shit he is as a coach. Amusing that with the recruitment of an assistant, Gav is in charge of the defence, the very defence he lambasted post Sutton.

The club can't even issue the 'we have made mistakes, we are going to do things differently, please continue to support us' line. Sure next to nobody is going to believe it after being lied to before, but the club has to at least do something. But nope NOTHING.

Like everyone else i'm very concerned about next season, it feels like relegation is inevitable and the club needs to do something right now to start trying to convince people of otherwise.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12070 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 11:18:48 »

genuine question Riddick, what can they do?

imo:
Even a change of manager needs to be backed up with a change in recruitment strategy, a change in communications, a change in everything.

recruitment can't change until July.

It's almost beyond repair. only a good season will buy some relief. but too late for STs

Maybe all that's left is damage limitation.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #12071 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 11:23:31 »

imo:
Even a change of manager needs to be backed up with a change in recruitment strategy, a change in communications, a change in everything.

It's almost beyond repair. only a good season will buy some relief. but too late for STs

A competent manager will be enough to keep us in Div 4, Gav is not that.
That isn’t a very exciting prospect, but the alternative is not even worth considering.

To get us challenging will need someone better, and proper investment in the squad, which are extremely unlikely to happen.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #12072 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 11:51:14 »

A competent manager will be enough to keep us in Div 4, Gav is not that.
That isn’t a very exciting prospect, but the alternative is not even worth considering.

To get us challenging will need someone better, and proper investment in the squad, which are extremely unlikely to happen.

It is surprising it is all radio silent from chairman, CEO & DoF almost leaving Gunning to take all the flak which he clearly is (and deservedly so) but not everything is down to him, you do wonder if the plan is to leave him in place next season saying the recruitment needs to be better etc etc - you cant see how he can stay at the club if he is not given the job

Are we waiting for another Clem promise at the and of the season like after last season ?

There is no promotion of ST's, all they seem to be doing is trying to promote these concerts - even getting Clem's wagon back out to drive round the streets, maybe they have realized that some will renew some wont regardless - but still odd.

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #12073 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 11:54:50 »

imo:

Maybe all that's left is damage limitation.

Its hard, given where they have gotten themselves. Ultimately only actions will now effect fans, but they can outline a plan at least and then follow through and act on it.

Whats going to get the fans onside:

1. Remove Gunning from the club
2. Appoint a Manager that's a real leader for the club. Outside of being a good football coach, they need to be a good communicator and passionate to rally the fans. Its so important given Russell never talks, and Clem/Hall should never talk.
3. Allow new manager to judge the existing players and make decisions early. (Bin most of them, i think there are maybe six worthy of a place in a squad Bycroft/FBT/UGM/McGurk/Glatzel/Drinnan)
4. Make an early signing or two that ticks boxes, right age, physicality, spine of the team. Yeah they cant properly sign until July but they can get things done early if they want, see the nature of the Glatzel/McGurk deal. Its worth the extra cost to signal intent to the fans.
5. Promote a real open preseason schedule. Multiple open training sessions for fans during the school holidays (come and see the new players, or the new coach etc etc). Give Season Tickets holders free entry to home preseason matches, and for those that are not ST holders, make it cheap (£5) and allow them to use their tickets as a discount against a ST if they buy one in the future. Not exactly stunning ideas i know, but it needs to be an open, look we have changed approach to convince people. And of course they need to have changed otherwise it doesn't work.

Obviously there are tonnes of things that need to be done, as you say, but just a few quick ideas.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12074 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 11:59:47 »

@posh @ riddick

Yeah that all fair enough. Can't argue with any of it.
Pages: 1 ... 802 803 804 [805] 806 807 808 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: