Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Takeover  (Read 21713 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #30 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 21:21:56 »

It's far too early to be talking protests and the such just yet. We don't actually know who is involved yet either.

If it ever got to the stage where we'd need to protest, I hope a lot of lessons were learnt from last time. A lot of people were apathetic to the situation, others couldn't grasp the dire situation and the 'you're distracting the players' brigade were a bunch of pathetic idiots.

However, like I said, let's not get knickers in a twist before it all comes out in the wash.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 21:30:36 »

I can understand people's scepticism, with the new board being presently silenced by the NDA we have not heard a great deal about their plans. It's the uncertainty which no one likes. Hopefully tomorrow we will hear the formal ratification and then the NDA will be over. I'm sure they want to say plenty
lambourn red

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 21:40:16 »

Gary Hooper owns http://www.footmarksports.co.uk the last paragraph does not make for good reading "We work with the world’s best suppliers of synthetic-grass-pitches"
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 21:55:58 »

How strange is that, only found my orange cap last week and for some strange reason I kept it. Never did I think I might be wearing the bloody thing again.
Surely all this cant be right can it ? If some of it is true it would perhaps explain why the FL are taking their time.
Does anybody know if there is an independent regulator that monitors the workings of the FL? Because surely if they approve this takeover in the knowledge that at least some of these involved people seem to have very shady backgrounds (which have been exposed by the PVFC supporters for what they were), then I for one hope they would be held at least partially responsible if this does all go tits up.   

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 22:23:48 »

we don't know that any of these people mentioned are involved in the consortium. if they are then it's feasible that this is what is causing the delay with the FL.

it's not certain that Black chose to sell the club to this consortium, we have no idea how many serious bidders there were.

there's a lot of Port Vale fans on that forum who seems disgruntled without giving much information on what exactly happened.

regardless, it's a bit premature to be talking of protests and labelling them as the latest embodiment of Satan.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 22:33:40 »

What's this Hooper guy supposed to have done that's so bad?

Have to say it would be nice to have a breakdown on the events at Vale and the people they allege we should watch out for and why.

I had a very quick scan, as far as I can see there was some sort of takeover involving Deakin, and that the shares gained to do that were in effect free shares in that they weren't paid for. I

ts then alleged that Deakin said he and another director were buying shares out of their own pocket, when in effect they intended to use money from a deal from an American company called Sky Blue thinking, but the Sky Blue takeover never happened. I also saw something about a loan, and something alleged about big salaries for directors, with debts racked up but being unpaid (sound familiar).

Can't quite see where Hooper came into it, other than his connection with Ameriturf which was mentioned in the "club sale" thread quite some time ago. It went bad between Ameriturf and Vale after (I think, alegedly) Deakin chose to deal with Blue Sky instead
http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Port-Vale-Vale-threatened-legal-action-Ameriturf/story-13732247-detail/story.html#axzz2LC4dyqe7

Deakins counter argument was that a lot of Vales issues were pre-existing debt issues.

Whatever, Vale were most definitely in a state at the end of it all.

Anyway while there are some names that cross check with our own takeover, its not 100% clear there is anything to be concerned about. How can there be given we don't know much about anything yet.

Oh, and any PV fans reading, "alleged" isn't intended to wind you up, its more we have no idea what has gone on and what is established fact...
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 22:39:21 by Batch » Logged
kaufman

« Reply #36 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 22:33:58 »

Black chose this consortium because they were the only group that were willing to get the deal done within his preferred "Time Frame"

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 22:42:25 »

Incidentally Deakin nearly ended up at the kebab stad down the A420 as stadium manager.
VantaaVale

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 22:44:21 »

Here's an interesting snippet....it seems that the Blue Sky lot mentioned by the Vale fans, are now something to do with Yeovil. Here's a bit from an interview with our very own Martyn Smarmes...

CS: So why have you gone to Blue Sky to get this sorted, Martyn?

MS: The contacts initiated with Gary Hooper, who has been working in this country looking for clubs on behalf of Blue Sky, to install artificial surfaces. We have been discussing it over a number of months, and this is the culmination of the discussions. We're absolutely delighted to be in partnership with them.

Just turning to you (Blue Sky International Chief Executive) Hank (Julicher), why did Blue Sky want to be involved with Yeovil Town?

HJ: I got involved with Gary (Hooper) and (Port Vale director) Peter Miller over in the US. I saw what they were doing over here. I've followed English football for I guess just less than 30 years. In the US, it's been growing and growing. I've been doing sports facilities since before they invented dirt, back in the 1960s. I saw an opportunity to get involved at ground level over here.

Be afraid..be very afraid.

The Yeovil contract was terminated by "mutual agreement".

http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/Yeovil-Town-1-25m-artificial-surface-deal/story-16637077-detail/story.html#axzz2LC1lVbwi

I know nothing of three of the names mentioned in this consortium, but if it is the same Gary Hooper, then he was at one point trying to become a Port Vale director on the back of an agreement with an American artificial turf company called Ameriturf. He was interviewed by BBC Radio Stoke and I think it is fair to say that it created more questions than it answered:

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?54864-Gary-Hooper-Consultant-Ameriturf

The whole Ameriturf and Blue Sky International situations were nothing short of a shambles, particularly Blue Sky. I see that you mentioned Peter Miller's name in your post. Well, let's just say his tenure as chairman (along with Perry Deakin as director) was controversial to say the least. For instance:

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Port-Vale-Chairman-chief-executive-voted-board/story-14069420-detail/story.html#axzz2KlXLaBSv

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Port-Vale-Board-unhappy-277-000-mortgage/story-14279447-detail/story.html#axzz2KlXLaBSv

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Port-Vale-Deakin-ndash-just-did-told/story-14269913-detail/story.html#axzz2KlXLaBSv

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Port-Vale-Deakin-share-deal-good-Vale/story-15411129-detail/story.html#axzz2KlXLaBSv

I hope the take over works out fine for you, and that the proper due diligence has been undertaken, but be careful. What was going on at Vale in 2011 almost put the club out of existence.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 22:51:13 by VantaaVale » Logged
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 22:46:17 »

Oh fuck. The last thing we want is another shady lot like the Diamandis era.

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 22:47:43 »

All the names mentioned so far linked for a takeover have clouds over them. None of them have any links to us and seem to have failed attempts at other clubs. Signs aint  good and history shows things like this don't usually end well.  We need to end the way we have operated. If the debts are written off  then start from scratch and live within our means. No cunt chasing money they'll never get. A club ran within its means by people who care.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 22:49:45 by arriba » Logged
kaufman

« Reply #41 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 22:48:32 »

McCrory’s new board will consist of Martin King, Steve Murrall and Gary Hooper.

Those are the confirmed names.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 22:49:32 »

McCrory’s new board will consist of Martin King, Steve Murrall and Gary Hooper.

Those are the confirmed names.
confirmed by whom?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 22:55:50 »

It seems to be Miller and Deakin that the Vale fans have the most beef with although its seems they aren't too fond of Hooper either.
kaufman

« Reply #44 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 22:56:45 »

Apologies, 'confirmed' wrong word used there.

"http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/10232261.Fans__Trust_chairman_backs_Football_League_over_Town_takeover/

The Advertiser understands that McCrory’s new board will consist of Martin King, Steve Murrall and Gary Hooper. It is believed that the consortium investing in the club will be able to speak publicly about their takeover at the County Ground for the first time next week.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: