Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fitton audio interview  (Read 1171 times)
Sussex

« on: Monday, October 29, 2007, 18:52:03 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wiltshire/content/articles/2007/10/29/stfc_28107_feature.shtml

Apologies if already posted.

Spiffing.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 29, 2007, 19:02:40 »

hmmmm to be fair.. He sounds like he is on about.... He DEFINATELY wants Paul Sturrock to stay at Swindon Town his exact words are, "absolutely convinced the club has come upon a diamond" He is a Paul Sturrock fan.

Fitton wants to redevelop the ground.

BETFAIR WONT get involved however people that own them or work for them may as individuals.
Dazzza

« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 29, 2007, 20:10:32 »

Good news about the Ground development it hopefully eliminates the scenario of Diamandis and James Wills 'lurking' in the background 'working' on any property deal.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 29, 2007, 20:16:41 »

I think it sounded pretty positive.....and to confirm...he ISNT a close friend of SSW just an aquaintance, so hopefully if and when he does takeover then he will bring in his own Board.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 29, 2007, 21:13:57 »

Quote from: "jjedmunds"
I think it sounded pretty positive.....and to confirm...he ISNT a close friend of SSW just an aquaintance, so hopefully if and when he does takeover then he will bring in his own Board.

Totally agree - sounds like he's got a genuine and long standing interest in football and isn't going to start making any promises until he's seen the state of the books.  Just hope he doesn't unearth something smelly. Thanks for posting that Sussex
deltaincline

« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 29, 2007, 23:20:14 »

From that interview I'd say that Fitton is simply saying everything that Jim Little said when he first came on the scene. It's pretty standard fayre for potential new owners of a club to make all the right noises in public at this stage of negotiations.

The most revealing bits for me were when he kept reinforcing the need for scruitinising the books just in case something nasty or unexpected (my words, not his) pops up later. I think he said something along those lines 3 times in the conversation which suggests to me that he knows just what he's dealing with as regards the vendor of the business.
Lumps

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2007, 07:47:12 »

I think the key difference between him and Stuart Little is that the yank was just front man for a bunch of faceless "investors" whilst this fellah seems to be just a fairly rich local businessman who wants a football club to play with. His business background suggests that he's quite good at turning around failing companies and that he won't put up with incompetence and mismanagement, and he's clearly got a love of the game.

Let's just pray it comes off.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: