Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Vs Cirencester Town  (Read 10277 times)
sonic youth

« Reply #45 on: Saturday, July 15, 2006, 15:32:13 »

great day and a pretty good game, thoroughly enjoyable. i think i've burnt my face.

the new keeper is massive. i like the sound of him although tuttle told me and lady that he was slovakian. didn't have much to do though, except pick the ball out of the net for the penalty.

vincent looked average, gave away a blatant penalty but was solid enough.

ifil and williams were solid at centre-half with ady barking orders at jerel and talking to him constantly

weston had a stormer, worked hard, used the ball well and was happy to sit deep. i think he could be a bit of a revelation for us.

pook was anonymous and shakes struggled to get into the game.

monkey looks great, can run with the ball, crosses it well and has a really cool surname.

peacock and roberts looked lethal.

the substitutes were impressive as well, though our dominance was mainly due to fitness.

surprised to see people slagging off rodrigo, i thought he worked bloody hard, loves to tackle but he's also got a bit of flair, creativity and is capable of delivering good corners and free-kicks.

royce brownlie definitely scored a hat-trick, his goals were very well taken and he looks a competent finishing with a predatorial streak. i rate him.

fola and lukas took their goals well.

overall, the result flattered us only because our fitness levels were obscenely better than theirs, otherwise there would not have been as many goals.

lady and i were chatting with david tuttle before the game - he seemed to be a nice bloke and was happy to chat - and told us about the new keeper. as the official site states, we have first option/first refusal on him and he seems to be highly rated. doesn't speak any english but the club are paying for english lessons and i think he had a translator with him today.

tuttle also said that this big name is genuinely exciting, 100 times bigger than the likes of cureton (for instance) but wouldn't tell us anything more.

phil smith will probably be our deputy goalkeeper this season.
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, July 15, 2006, 15:34:30 »

Quote from: "DV85"
I saw you today sade...

I think I caught you out the corner of my eye, were you sat in the stand behind the dugouts for the first half?

Seen most people in the bar at half time, I think I know who lady is now.

Oh and Of course I seen thee legends leggett and Bennett in the car park  Cheesy

RED ARMY
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, July 15, 2006, 15:35:11 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"

tuttle also said that this big name is genuinely exciting, 100 times bigger than the likes of cureton (for instance) but wouldn't tell us anything more.

Just wish they'd fucking hurry up and announce who it is!  :evil:
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, July 15, 2006, 15:35:49 »

sat between the dug outs first half, also was in the bar at half time with lady....
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, July 15, 2006, 15:36:19 »

Quote from: "sam_stfc"
Quote from: "sonic youth"

Just wish they'd fucking hurry up and announce who it is!  :evil:

Zola...short term deal....
sonic youth

« Reply #50 on: Saturday, July 15, 2006, 15:36:51 »

he laughed when zola was mentioned, so make of that what you will!
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, July 15, 2006, 15:38:00 »

Its mooney I tell you.

RED ARMY
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, July 15, 2006, 15:39:52 »

mooney can fuck off!
fatbury

« Reply #53 on: Saturday, July 15, 2006, 15:51:57 »

well im off to Ibiza .. ill try and get online to give a match report if i can
kaufman

« Reply #54 on: Saturday, July 15, 2006, 16:14:03 »

somehow i think mooney is not a 100 times bigger player than cureton maybe 80 but not 100  Wink

so did brown actually play today then?

im reading different views
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, July 15, 2006, 17:13:08 »

Quote from: "kaufman"
somehow i think mooney is not a 100 times bigger player than cureton maybe 80 but not 100  Wink

so did brown actually play today then?

im reading different views

Brown was a second half sub, did ok I thought. Would rather have Monkhouse playing left wing than him though.
kevjoycreed

« Reply #56 on: Saturday, July 15, 2006, 17:16:00 »

Agree with Monkie rather than Brown.
Having said that though, duing the first half the majority of our threat came from the right.
Can't speak for the second half, had a few too many jars by then to really concentrate on the footy.  Beers  Cool
SwindonTownFC

« Reply #57 on: Saturday, July 15, 2006, 17:40:28 »

Monkhouse was fucking shit, he done fuck all
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, July 15, 2006, 21:34:40 »

Quote from: "Sade"
Its mooney I tell you.
Not funny.

I can't imagine who it is but I would put money on it not being Zola (if I had any!)

He went back to Palermo because he had always wanted to finish his career there. Cannot see him changing his mind for STFC!
Gwah

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, July 15, 2006, 22:14:31 »

Was just looking at the other friendly results on Sky Sports, and ours stands out quite nicely:

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=403337&CPID=34&clid=3&lid=6&title=Saturday+friendly+round-up

Yes, I know it's only Cirencester, but when was the last time we won a game by 7 goals?  Or indeed scored 8?

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: