Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Queens Park Rangers v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 29517 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 10:48:50 »

Pritchard's tricky feet and cross for Ranger's goal was lovely. The video on Player keeps freezing at random points so haven't been able to see the second goal...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 10:50:53 »

Pritchard's tricky feet and cross for Ranger's goal was lovely. The video on Player keeps freezing at random points so haven't been able to see the second goal...

Terrible ball from Onouha, Pritchard ran at the defence, cut inside, shot with his left foot. Keeper got a hand to it, couldn't stop it going into the net.

Saw the goals on SSN this morning, peach of a cross for the first and a nice bundled finish by NR.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 10:52:45 »

And me  Smiley
And the commentator despite Ling repeatedly saying "offside" to him

I did the same to LR but it just didn't register at first!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 11:02:56 »

Ranger looks like he is a bit of a beast. He was winning a lot against a very strong back line... I'm not sure he'll score a lot but he could be a real asset for us as he continues to get fit.

Hall equally was superb I thought. Consider the calibre of player he was up against he had an excellent game and showed the potential he has, I really feel the longer the season goes on the better he will get.

Enoughs been said about the game already, but how fucking funny was it after the disallowed goal? It took most of them an age to realise it didn't count and they were doing the gay little goal dance along to the goal music and everything. Hilarious! Also didn't understand why Mason was shown a yellow for his first offence, yet some of them (Diakite in particular) were getting away with multiple fouls. The ref did well for the dive though, it was awful and I think a lot of refs would have been conned.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #244 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 11:03:38 »

Superb evening, will post more about the match in a bit..but I hope that shuts up the 'midtable will be a great season brigade'. That showed what this side can be capable of and there are more signings to come.

My man of the match, Kasim, I have found him hit or miss so far but he was superb last night. Likewise Grant Hall.
TBF I don't think anyone has said that mid table will be a superb season, several like myself have said that they will be fairly happy with mid table.

If we can do better than brilliant, which we may well do. If they can all have a desire to play for each other and for the club then thats half the battle. With teamwork and team bonding then anything can happen as was proved to a certain point by Di Canio, some managers get the best out of the players they have lets hope Cooper can do that too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #245 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 11:13:27 »

Perhaps I need to make sure I'm away from all commentary in future matches  Smiley
I think me, you and Ginghino all need to do this after it worked so well yesterday Cheesy

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 11:17:37 »

I think me, you and Ginghino all need to do this after it worked so well yesterday Cheesy
Maybe we could put you 3 (and any others affected) into some form of protective custody during matches? Smiley
Peter Venkman

« Reply #247 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 11:18:05 »

Maybe we could put you 3 (and any others affected) into some form of protective custody during matches? Smiley
As long as theres beer there I am game Cheesy

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 11:38:39 »

Superb evening, will post more about the match in a bit..but I hope that shuts up the 'midtable will be a great season brigade'. That showed what this side can be capable of and there are more signings to come.

My man of the match, Kasim, I have found him hit or miss so far but he was superb last night. Likewise Grant Hall.
I'm afraid I'm still a fully paid up member of the 'midtable will be a great season brigade'.

Great result though, no doubt about it.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 11:41:23 »

To go against the majority, I thought Pritchard was poor, very lightweight and ineffective.  As much as his goal was a great relief, I can't say I agree with the quality of it, more down to perseverance than skill.

If we can do better than brilliant, which we may well do. If they can all have a desire to play for each other and for the club then thats half the battle. With teamwork and team bonding then anything can happen as was proved to a certain point by Di Canio, some managers get the best out of the players they have lets hope Cooper can do that too.
Well said.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 11:50:02 »

Ranger looks like he is a bit of a beast [allegedly]. He was winning a lot against a very strong back line... I'm not sure he'll score a lot but he could be a real asset for us as he continues to get fit.

Hall equally was superb I thought. Consider the calibre of player he was up against he had an excellent game and showed the potential he has, I really feel the longer the season goes on the better he will get.

Enoughs been said about the game already, but how fucking funny was it after the disallowed goal? It took most of them an age to realise it didn't count and they were doing the gay little goal dance along to the goal music and everything. Hilarious! Also didn't understand why Mason was shown a yellow for his first offence, yet some of them (Diakite in particular) were getting away with multiple fouls. The ref did well for the dive though, it was awful and I think a lot of refs would have been conned.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
china red

« Reply #251 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 12:10:02 »

Were the highlight of the game on last night or are both games being shown together tonight does anyone know? 
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 12:30:43 »

As long as theres beer there I am game Cheesy

Me too! Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 12:39:14 »

Were the highlight of the game on last night or are both games being shown together tonight does anyone know? 
League Cup Show is on BBC tonight around 11.30ish IIRC. I'd guess it will be on iPlayer after that?
china red

« Reply #254 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 12:54:33 »

League Cup Show is on BBC tonight around 11.30ish IIRC. I'd guess it will be on iPlayer after that?

Great, should be able to get a download tomorrow then, heard we are the main game.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: