Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Monkhouse  (Read 1735 times)
Spencer_White

« on: Wednesday, September 27, 2006, 22:44:54 »

Did really well at Wycombe, and I think proved why he deserves to be in the team.

Pook had his best ever game for STFC and was OK.

Brownlie is a cocky bastard, but at least he does have the cool head to go with it.

Roberts looks amazing for 10 minutes, then gets puffed out. More running needed.
Amir

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, September 27, 2006, 22:53:02 »

As I said in another thread Monky impressed me last night, nice tidy football and he was all over the place trying to make things happen.  Did much more than I've seen from Brown or Caton this season, although admittedly I've only been to Wycombe and Wrexham away from home.

I thought Brownlie was next to useless first-half, although only the defence were really any cop.  Thought he'd hit that shot too tamely at first as well Cheesy
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 11:57:58 »

spot on spencer....

Plus, the good thing about Brownlie on the wing, is when Roberts drops out wide, he then moves inside and fills in....worked quite well 2nd half
SwindonStevo

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 12:05:02 »

id have to disagree, monky frustrates the hell out of me leaving us open on the left hand side because he never seems bothered to go and jocky their right midfielder when we need it most.

quite happy with him going forward though.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 13:12:52 »

Got to agree, Monky is the best left sided midfielder we have.

I'm not a Pook fan at all but i have to admit he did play well on tuesday.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 14:46:46 »

Quote from: "Ralphy"
Got to agree, Monky is the best left sided midfielder we have.

Totally agree, my only criticism is that he shows the attackers the inside far too much for my liking but maybe thats just the way Wise wants him to play.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 15:00:59 »

Monky does his job well. he can push forward too when need be
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 16:03:30 »

Brez made some good saves, Ifil tracked back well and Williams looked pretty solid

In midfield I was reasonably happy with Brownlie on the right but he doesn't have that pace you need to take a defender on out wide and got caught out defensively. Pook played well which makes you wonder why he looks so crap so often

Onibuje was useful up front as he won headers and got the ball down, Roberts had good and bad patches and the reason he slowed down was because he had been running around constantly since he came on. Was great to see him get done by their defender then chase him and win it back in a good position, showed he didn't want to be beaten and that's the attitude this team seem to take in every tackle
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 16:09:01 »

Agree with R4E about Brownlie, didn't do enough for me to warrant a place out wide.

Monky did alright, got the ball down on the deck a lot which we've missed in a few games during his absence.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 19:31:18 »

Why doesn't Brownlie start ahead of Roberts?

Brownlie has started 2 games and scored 2 goals... Roberts has started all but 2 and scored 2...

I've always rated Monkhouse.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: