Pages: 1 ... 426 427 428 [429] 430 431 432 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1216938 times)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #6420 on: Thursday, December 3, 2020, 13:00:31 »

Lazy People?. Glad to hear that people who ring up all get trested with some empathy

Believe me yes some are very lazy. How they get treated is the same as everyone else though. If you could hear the reasons for some of these tests you would know what i mean

Oh and the amount of fucking people who want a test for travel purposes as well
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 3, 2020, 13:08:15 by Shrivvy Road » Logged
Hunk

« Reply #6421 on: Thursday, December 3, 2020, 15:28:02 »

Our esteemed Education Minister, Gavin Williamson:

'I just reckon we've got the very best people in this country and we've obviously got the best medical regulator, much better than the French have, much better than the Belgians have, much better than the Americans have. That doesn't surprise me at all, because we're a much better country than every single one of them'.

How old is he? Turns out he's 44. Sounds more like he's 4.4
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6422 on: Thursday, December 3, 2020, 15:29:50 »

'I just reckon we've got the very best people in this country and we've obviously got the best medical regulator, much better than the French have, much better than the Belgians have, much better than the Americans have. That doesn't surprise me at all, because we're a much better country than every single one of them'.

As Have I Got News For You observed, the very quote itself, and it's author, disproves it's own claim. This kind of bullshit English exceptionalism spouted by morons like Williamson is precisely why the UK has had among the worst health and economic outcomes of the COVID pandemic of any developed nation
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6423 on: Thursday, December 3, 2020, 17:38:25 »

He's gone peak Alan Partridge today!
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #6424 on: Thursday, December 3, 2020, 17:40:24 »

Believe me yes some are very lazy. How they get treated is the same as everyone else though. If you could hear the reasons for some of these tests you would know what i mean

Oh and the amount of fucking people who want a test for travel purposes as well

Those wanting test for travel have turned up at my test centre and been sent away.  FWIW, we are operating at pretty much full capacity on a daily basis.  Its only a small site, but after a few teething problems its running well.

Never knowingly overstated.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6425 on: Thursday, December 3, 2020, 17:50:37 »

He's gone peak Alan Partridge today!
It's almost as if our govt is going out of it's way to completely humiliate our nation on the world stage. Putin must be delighted #MoneyWellSpent
Flashheart

« Reply #6426 on: Thursday, December 3, 2020, 18:58:12 »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55177948

Nice one, mate.

The anti-vaxxers are going to be all over that.

Cheers.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6427 on: Thursday, December 3, 2020, 19:05:11 »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55177948

Nice one, mate.

The anti-vaxxers are going to be all over that.

Cheers.

The only trouble is FH (and I'm no anti-vaxxer trust) but with all the shite and blatant lies our government has put out to date, could it not be beyond the realms of possibility that our government, which appears to all about posturing rather than substance, be indeed jumping the gun to look all billy big bollocks?

Not suggesting they've cut corners but more a sense of them using this as their saving grace and to get "the people" back on side. What if all of it, isn't as it seems?

I wouldn't put it past this government if I'm totally honest. They've given too many reasons time and again to not trust them.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Flashheart

« Reply #6428 on: Thursday, December 3, 2020, 19:14:01 »

I don't believe this government either, but the regulators are saying it's safe. They are not the government.

And Fauci is still an irresponsible dick.
Hunk

« Reply #6429 on: Thursday, December 3, 2020, 19:43:39 »

Just listened to Williamson actually say it. Strikes me that he was so keen to be seen noshing off the regulators he completely forgot what a colossal prat he sounds when he talks
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #6430 on: Thursday, December 3, 2020, 19:51:22 »

I don't believe this government either, but the regulators are saying it's safe. They are not the government.

This - I work in the clinical trials industry and there is no way the MHRA have been influenced here...

...and if it turns out I am wrong, then this will be the biggest news story of the Century, the UK pharma industry will fucked for all time and multiple heads will roll.

No one kills a thread like me....
Flashheart

« Reply #6431 on: Thursday, December 3, 2020, 19:55:01 »

I've read the MHRA did it on a rolling basis as soon as the data started coming in and the FDA waited for all the data to come in first. Which would explain why the MHRA approved it first.

And Fauci didn't seem to offer any explanation or evidence supporting his comment. Maybe he's been taken out of context?
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #6432 on: Thursday, December 3, 2020, 20:55:37 »

This goes without saying per se, and it wasn't a direct reference to back up the Fauci.

I do believe the regulators (we have to otherwise we're truly fucked), my point was more towards our government wanting to make themselves look good (Williamson's comments earlier, BoJo clearly in his position for personal gain et al).

I'll give credit to the science, absolutely. But now this stage is in the hands of the Gov, I feel there will be certain untruths to
eventually come out. Not necessarily the vaccine in isolation but things linked to it. Also, this Gov has proven time and again that they can fuck up anything.

Isn't vt the company that fucked up the PPE delivery also still contracted in handling a large chunk of the vaccination delivery?

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #6433 on: Thursday, December 3, 2020, 20:57:04 »

...And Fauci...Maybe he's been taken out of context?

Possibly but you should still maintain your initial and correct statement thatvs he is a bit of a dick.

'Incessant Nonsense'

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6434 on: Thursday, December 3, 2020, 20:57:16 »

FFS

https://twitter.com/grantshapps/status/1334543848333332482

It's OK, the virus doesn't affect "High value business travellers". Just like it takes 5 days off over Christmas

« Last Edit: Thursday, December 3, 2020, 20:59:06 by pauld » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 428 [429] 430 431 432 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: